Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0
Just drove the X6

I just got back from the dealer where I took a brand new (20kms on it) X635i. WOW!! Very nice vehicle. Great seats, awesome thick steering wheel, GREAT power (I have been waiting soooo patiently for this engine to make it into something that fits my frame, 6'3", 270).

I am fairly sold. Did not like the colour - space grey. I think red, black and white are better picks. The hatch opens a little awkwardly so the power opening feature is a must have for me.

Still think iDrive is a pain. Wish I could order without it.

EXPENSIVE!! Lease rates are 6.4% for repeat BMW customers in Canada but this thing will cost me $400 more per month than a loaded Mercedes ML320 CDI I just got a quote on (actually really liked that vehicle too depite being very different from this one) with the same lease term, mileage allowance, etc.

I think this will sell VERY well though.
Ads by Google
Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: '09 328i
There are many exterior colors available on X6, including mineral silver from 6-series. The new Oyster interior color is fantanstic. You can get 5 non-perforated Dakota leather interior colors (2 of which will be available later this year) and about 2? perforated ones, plus different Nappa leather colors. Wood trim is Titanium, brushed aluminum, dark bamboo, and "dark wood". The last "dark wood" is not specified what kind of wood it is. Just "wood". My point is there are many attractive color combinations available.
I liked the iDrive in X6 better than 6-series. Maybe I am used to 5-series iDrive now and X6's was very similar.
Did you try the rear seats?

Last edited by bimmerborn; 04-22-2008 at 05:12 PM.