Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
DIY - --oo_____oo--- Angel eye w/out bumper removal

Finished mine today....im not reponsible for any damage done....i didnt break anything so it is possible but you must be patient and carefull!!!

Remove 2 screws holding airbox in and then replace the angel eyes exactly as the driver side.....then re-assemble and enjoy!!!

Also a youtube video on how to change the bulbs over (note: for pre-facelift model):

Ads by Google
Old 01-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
DIY - Angel eyes installation - bumper removal

Let me set the record straight. To change BMW 7 series (745,750,760... i or Li) Parking Lights otherwise known as "ANGEL EYES", "HALO", "RINGS" , etc...... YOU MUST REMOVE THE BUMPER. It's a 1hr job with all the right tools. You will need Philips and Flat Head screwdrivers, a flashlight, and MOST IMPORTANT: TORX (Star) Screwdriver... Not removing the bumper makes this job a 4 Hr job, a messy and sloppy one at that.

PLEASE STOP POSTING these absurd threads about getting this done without removing the bumper, not only is it silly, since removing the bumper is a piece of cake, but its outright close to impossible to remove and re-install the new bulbs. Do yourself a favor everyone REMOVE the BUMPER. Its Easy, its a One man job, it takes 1 hr at the most, let me know if you need any help...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750 LI
Can you let me know how to remove the bumper? I started to remove but I can't find the location of the screws. Appreciate any help. pictures if possible
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 750 LI
i acknowledge your point on removing the bumper. I was looking for some help on exactly how you remove the bumper. I read an earlier thread you posted and fully agree on your approach. thx
Old 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
You don't remove the bumper, just the bumper cover. Here's the page I used as a reference. http://www.flickr.com/photos/2810754...7606635427852/ In another DIY they stated that they couldn't find all the screws to remove the bumper cover. The most difficult part was unhooking the bumper cover where it meets the front fender. Other than that it's pretty straight forward, just be careful and put all the screws back where they belong.

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM

Before anyone removes their bumper [cover] just to change their parking light bulbs, please consider the technique described in this earlier post:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287035
I have used this method and it does work! Takes about 10 minutes for the left and 20 for the right side.
I would add an important step to the original post: you need to move the headlight assembly forward about 1" (very gently, with a flat screwdriver) and hold it in place with a small block of wood or plastic. After that, removing the back cover and the bulb socket is a snap even for fat fingers. Finally, if not upgrading to LED, you can reuse the socket, as it contains a fairly standard OSRAM or compatible 10 watt miniature halogen bulb.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 AM

You don't have to remove the bumper to replace angel eyes

I did it yesterday with the instructions shown here and it works great, It was very easy, nothing broke and I did it (on the passenger side, you have to remove the air filter) in 15 min. My hands are pretty big and I had no issues,
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 AM
E38 E91 (R56 E30 E39)

Mein Auto: The E38
(Reopened)

Youtube video on how to change the bulbs pre-facelift model, from TechFreak:

Passed on to new families:
E30 1987 325i Royal Blue
E39 2003 540i/6 Sterling Gray
R56 2010 Mini Cooper S British Racing Green

Last edited by M.Wong; 06-24-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: '02 745i
I think it's great that someone took the time to show step by step how it's done. There are some who aren't confident enough with themselves to take a bumper off, easy or not. So instead of bashing someone for their hard work, someone who took the time to take pictures and explain in detail how it's done, simply thank them for showing us an alternative route, whether it be longer or not.

THANK YOU!

Closed Thread