Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 PM

Mein Auto: E46 318i
Exclamation Need help finding parts

Hello to all.
I am hoping someone can help me as not only am I new to this site, but I am quite new to BMW.

I procured my 2000 e46 318i quite recently, and have found that the panels in the doors are loose.

I am looking for the pieces that connect the panel to the door.
Here is what it looks like - http://tinyurl.com/k482vav

It slides into this bit here - http://tinyurl.com/lztkatb

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me the name lf this piece and where I could buy it, or perhaps a cheap, effective improvisation I could do instead

I am also looking for a replacement screw that screws the entirety of the door trim into the frame. Here is my problem - http://tinyurl.com/n23lb68

It should be like this (this is the screw i need) - http://tinyurl.com/o5mzhwk

If anyone knows the dimensions of the screw and/or where i can buy the exact one, that would be great.

Thank you for reading this post. I am keen for a future with this forum, and wish you all the very best. Hopefully I get the help I need.

Thanks again!

Last edited by BMWAus; 08-26-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Ads by Google
Old 08-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Bimmerfest is a US-based Forum....Australia is a LONG way to have anything shipped....I recently sent a 1 1/2-lb. box, about the size of a shoebox, to OZ, and it cost $18 USD....given that huge surcharges are placed on larger packages, I would imagine that shipping any car parts would be obscenely expensive.

Best thing for you would be to make friends at your local wrecking yards, as a source of second-hand parts, as well as the Parts Manager at the BMW dealer nearest you.

Good luck !

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly what i was thinking might end up being a problem.

Are there any well known Chinese parts suppliers that most likely offer free shipping; but arent cheap ineffective parts.

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:26 PM

Mein Auto: '15 X3, '96 740iL
If you haven't already, check out realoem.com . It's a great place to look through diagrams and get exact part numbers, which I've found to be the best way to search for parts. There should be some eBay sellers willing to ship there, always worth a look.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 PM

Ill check it out.

Thanks heaps!!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAus View Post

Are there any well known Chinese parts suppliers that most likely offer free shipping; but arent cheap ineffective parts.
All Chinese suppliers offer cheap chinese crap to always be avoided.

The road is littered with heartbreak in those who have ignored this simple rule.