Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 05-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i
Performance Center Delivery

I'm interested in learning more about the Performance Center Delivery program in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Interested in knowing pros/cons, details, etc. Is there an extra "fee" associated with this program?

Also, how do the dealers view it? Does it affect their commission/margin? Does it count towards their allocation? Seems like they would like it if it doesn't affect their economics of the sale, because they don't have to be bothered with taking physical delivery of the car, prep work, etc.

I'm thinking about ordering a 330iPP either this summer or early next year, and I'm interested in the Performance Center Delivery, but I don't want to do it if it will adversely affect the price I pay for the car.
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Here to Help

Mein Auto: Honda
The vehicle does come out of the dealer's allocation and there are no addititonal fees. I can't speak for all dealers, but I don't see why anyone would have a problem with a Performance Center delivery. Your price should not be affected either way and it's great experience.

Ted
Old 05-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Head-In-Sand Dumbass

Mein Auto: BBY Evo VIII
It's a pretty cool experience. I went with tam3 when she picked up her M3 vert last year.

You stay over in a hotel for a night, then pick up your car the next day either before or after (depending on what group you're in) you do your track driving.

The track driving is very fun. They put you in a car as comparable to the car you purchased as possible, then take you out on this little mini road course they have and you do a few laps, testing the brakes and such.

There's also a museum tour and gift shop "event" in the day. I got to drive an '02 M Coupe to that.

All in all it's a damn fun way to take delivery IMO, especially if you don't have the time/energy to spend doing euro delivery. IIRC you just pay for airfare, BMW pays for the rest including dinner at the hotel and lunch on your delivery day.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
BradATL,
If you have the opportunity, then IMHO you should take advantage of the PC delivery. There is no question about it. I've been on three and each time I've had a blast. Most of the questions have been answered, but here is a little more detail...

Most dealers don't know much about PC Delivery, however BMW makes it very easy on the sales reps. You will end up, for the most part, purchasing the car just before you pick it up at the PDC. Any financing is set up and approved, down payment / deposits are paid, lease / sale forms are signed. Unless you are transfering the plates, your dealer will give you temp tags to take with you. It is critically important that you dealer has completed all of the paperwork, otherwise the PC cannot release the car.

However, once you get there, BMW takes care of the rest in first class style!
Old 05-15-2003, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 328ci soon to be 3.0 Z4
Quote:
Originally posted by GimpyMcFarlan
BradATL,
If you have the opportunity, then IMHO you should take advantage of the PC delivery. There is no question about it. I've been on three and each time I've had a blast. Most of the questions have been answered, but here is a little more detail...

Most dealers don't know much about PC Delivery, however BMW makes it very easy on the sales reps. You will end up, for the most part, purchasing the car just before you pick it up at the PDC. Any financing is set up and approved, down payment / deposits are paid, lease / sale forms are signed. Unless you are transfering the plates, your dealer will give you temp tags to take with you. It is critically important that you dealer has completed all of the paperwork, otherwise the PC cannot release the car.

However, once you get there, BMW takes care of the rest in first class style!
Gimpy,

How did you get from Columbus to SC? I was looking into the Performance Center Delivery but the only airline tickets I could find were in the neighborhood of $300 each (me and my fiance). I was hoping to do the PC delivery and then spend some time at the beach.

Did you drive your car back to Columbus? If so, how long did the drive take? If not, how much was shipping?

Thanks.
Gary

Last edited by GScott; 05-16-2003 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:38 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by GScott
Gimpy,

How did you get from Columbus to SC? I was looking into the Performance Center Delivery but the only airline tickets I could find were in the neighborhood of $300 each (me and my fiance). I was hoping to do the PC delivery and then spend some time at the beach.

Thanks.
Gary
Gary, you could take Greyhound. From Columbus to Spartanburg, one-way, 2 people, 3-day advance purchase, the price is $118 plus tax. It's a long ride, mind you, but if you insist....

-Peter
Old 05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
I've got fuzzy balls!

Mein Auto: 2003 ZHP Imola Red
If you're looking for cheaper tickets, try Priceline. I've gotten some incredible deals. A great site with information on how to bid, etc: Click here.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Hi GScott,
My father and I drove down to Spartanburg from Columbus. It is about an 8 hour drive, which sounds long, but it passes by quickly. We then follow each other back home, stopping overnight somewhere along the way since the PC delivery ends in the afternoon. It was quite a lot of fun when we both had a 330Ci to play with. We usually take a different route back, through the mountains of VA and WV.

The last time was a little different... Just before leaving to pick up his M3, someone smashed out the rear window of my Ci. So we were not able to take it. We rented a car for the trip down and dropped it off at the Spartanburg airport. The hotel picked us up there in the beautiful 5 Series Touring. It worked out in the end b/c I got to drive the M3 some of the way home.

Ya gotta do it if you manage it. You will have a fantastic time!