Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 05-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Sacramento suggestions

Being shipped out to Sacramento this week. Last time I was there was years ago and didn't venture far form Cal Expo. I'll be staying downtown at the Hyatt and will have a rental car.

What is there to do in Sacramento? (is there anything?) Any suggestions on places to eat, etc?
Old 05-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: fu
Re: Sacramento suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by jw
Being shipped out to Sacramento this week. Last time I was there was years ago and didn't venture far form Cal Expo. I'll be staying downtown at the Hyatt and will have a rental car.

What is there to do in Sacramento? (is there anything?) Any suggestions on places to eat, etc?
I just left there, kinda. If you will have company there is a restaurant in old town, it is a murder/mystery dinner, the name is obvious but I cannot remember right now.. Kinda cool, social interaction and stuff. I didn't hit any clubs and such, I hate clubbing, but from my USAF days, I remember a nice strip club called Gold Club Centerfolds.

Have fun...

Old 05-13-2003, 02:38 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
You could visit old town Sacramento (I think you're supposed to eat in the Fat City restaurant there -- named for the owners, not the food). You could see Sutter's Fort (Sutter was the guy who owned the mill where gold was discovered). Very nice railroad museum in Sacramento. You could also visit the state capitol, but I can't see that interesting someone from NoVa.

-Peter