Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 330Ci
Discovered Chip in Driver's Side Door Glass: Warranty?

Hi guys,

I spent this weekend detailing my brand new 2003 330Ci (just picked it up last weekend). Upon cleaning the driver's side door window, I noticed a small chip (about 1mm) at the very top ridge of the glass. It appears to be a defect in manufacturing or it was damaged at the factory.

Question: Will BMW replace this under warranty and if so, is it advisable for me to pursue this? I have heard many stories of people bringing in their cars for warranty repairs only to have more things broken in the process.

Iíll try and take some pics later.

Thx,
Kartman

Last edited by Kartman; 05-12-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2003, 08:53 PM
My wife drives the 325i

Mein Auto: Mazda 6
I don't think that this will be covered under the warranty unless you can prove that the problem existed at the time of delivery. Nevertheless, contact your client advisor and ask - you have nothing to lose.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: The Best of Both Worlds
get it covered under warranty.. they should do it.. when i got My M roadster.. the convert top was defected.. where the rear window and fabric meet.. there was a tear.. or it was made short.. i noticed this about 1 month after i took delivery.. took it to the dealer.. manager looked at it.. and called BMW NA to send a rep to look at it.. they came looked at it.. and it was replaced for free.. saving me thousands..