Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
My Test Drive X6 35D

Right firstly I covered 97 miles in high winds, it returned 30 MPG I did get it up to 35MPG at a cruise, it had 20 miles on the clock when I got it so it needs a few K to give it's best which should be 34 ish.
It handles very well and car-like very little body roll without Adaptive Drive, so you don't need that, The steering is IMO well weighted without Adaptive steering, so again ya don't need that.
Although the wind was howling the car was not noisey or pushed off line, however economy did suffer as would any cars.
Power wise it's more than adiquate but not what I call quick, if pushed over 3500 rpm the engine note is heard but not too intrusive, to improve performance................. P-tronic box will fix that.
It drives very car-like and I covered most road types, right down to farm tracks................ no problems at all and it handled well.
I really like the space the car has, 4 seats yes, good room in the rear yes, and the boot is just great with a under floor hide away of large space.
I found the rear seats very spacious and the drive very enjoyable, so much so I am going to order one.
I found most of the bad press unfounded and until you drive one for more than 10 mins you really can not judge it, the more miles I did the more I loved it.
The high driving position was great and I could see all round the car easily even the very small rear window was adiquate to easily see cars behind, when reversing you can adjust the cammera to full-screen and see very well whats behind. the sports seats are great and you do NOT feel "Sitting on top of the car" as with the X5. The X6 is miles away from the X5 IMO. and much the better for it.
The HUD was really good too.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X6M
Yeah, I agree with all of your points. I'll be REALLY excited to drive the V8, though...

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...