Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 05-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Traffic Surgeon

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Turner Motorsport Sharpens Its Edge During Break

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Turner Team Dedicates Time Off To Development

AMESBURY, MA - 05/13/2003 - It might be easy for the three Turner Motorsport drivers to rest after a win in the season-opening round at Sebring, Florida. But Will Turner and his crew knew that settling down for rest would only allow competitors to narrow the already close gap among teams and manufacturers. The break between Rounds 1 and 2 gave the Turner team more opportunities to make the Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs BMW 325i faster.

Turner Motorsport has spent the last two months since Sebring relentlessly testing and preparing for the upcoming Mosport and Lime Rock weekends. TMS drivers Will Turner, Frank Selldorff, and Bill Auberlen came to the realization that most teams were not yet at peak performance levels in time for Round 1 at Sebring. With so much time between races, seat time in the Turner Motorsport BMW 325i would be crucial to keep the Turner Motorsport effort sharp and focused - and ahead of the competition.

While testing at various local and non-local tracks the three-car Turner team collected a large amount of data. Studying that data uncovered weaknesses that the team overcame with more testing and seat time. Among other changes, a new aero package has been developed and tested in time for this weekend's Mosport event.

The Speed Touring Car Championship is in Mosport, Ontario Canada this weekend with qualifying and the race on Saturday. The Speed Channel's first broadcast of the event will take place on May 24 at 4pm. Following the Mosport weekend will be Round 3 at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut with BMW of Watertown (CT) joining the Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs team in the paddock.

Click on http://www.world-challenge.com/2003/.../schedule.html to see this session's results.
See http://www.tmsracing.com for more Turner Motorsport Racing Action!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:22 AM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
I had been occasionally checking out the shop cam as Will told me they would roll out for Mosport on Wed. Last night I saw Turner's and Auberlin's car in the picture as they were maneuvering them around the garage.
Photo gallery