Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 06-06-2008, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330 Ci
how do reset service counters 330Ci 2001??

Have just carried out service on 33oCi 2001. Also changed the brake fluid. how do i reset the oil service indicator and how do i reset the little clock for the brake fluid change?? pls help. thanks
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Welcome! It's in the Wiki...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...vice_indicator

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330 CI
This will work
You need to hold the odometer button down for about 5 seconds when you turn the key from off (position 0) to accessory (prosition 1). When you first turn the key, you will see "test 1", don't let go of the odometer button until the display changes to show "reset". Once you see "reset", let the odometer button up, then press and hold it again for about 5 seconds until the "reset" starts flashing. Once it is flashing, let up on the odometer button then press it one more time. Now you should see a message that says "END SIA" and your oil service light should be reset. This worked for me on my 2001 330ci.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 330 Ci
Thanks. worked at second attempt of trying.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:12 PM

Mein Auto: 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp1114 View Post
This will work
You need to hold the odometer button down for about 5 seconds when you turn the key from off (position 0) to accessory (prosition 1). When you first turn the key, you will see "test 1", don't let go of the odometer button until the display changes to show "reset". Once you see "reset", let the odometer button up, then press and hold it again for about 5 seconds until the "reset" starts flashing. Once it is flashing, let up on the odometer button then press it one more time. Now you should see a message that says "END SIA" and your oil service light should be reset. This worked for me on my 2001 330ci.
hi, i bought 2001 320i 3 days ago from gm dealer, he changed the oil before i picked it up the car, when i turn the engine on, i drive few seconds the oil light come out for 10 seconds and then it goes, am i supposed to reset the oil light.
Thank you
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boufarik View Post
hi, i bought 2001 320i 3 days ago from gm dealer, he changed the oil before i picked it up the car, when i turn the engine on, i drive few seconds the oil light come out for 10 seconds and then it goes, am i supposed to reset the oil light.
Thank you
This is different, it is the oil level sensor IF the oil light is YELLOW. If it is RED, you have low oil pressure and should not drive the car. Most likely it's yellow.

Check the oil level and make sure it's on the high side of correct and this light won't be a bother any longer.

If you need an owner manual, check the Wiki at the top of the forum for links.

Welcome to the 'Fest!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
This is different, it is the oil level sensor IF the oil light is YELLOW. If it is RED, you have low oil pressure and should not drive the car. Most likely it's yellow.

Check the oil level and make sure it's on the high side of correct and this light won't be a bother any longer.

If you need an owner manual, check the Wiki at the top of the forum for links.

Welcome to the 'Fest!
it yallow, i will check the oil level.
Thank you again
Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 AM
535i M-Sport ED May 2011

Mein Auto: '11 M-Spt 535i & '04 SLK
Note: It is very common for this oil level sensor to fail in older E46's.

Mine (2001 330i) failed last year. It will come on for 10 seconds every time you start and drive off in your car.

It was a simple 15 minute job to replace at an oil change if you can get the car up high enough that you can get under and work at the rear of the oil pan.