Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:41 AM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
auto ac in 2001 e46

this has been talked about before, but to clarify, there is NO way i can have the dealer program my auto ac to stay off when i turn it off (e.g. i turn the fan off, turn off my car, turn my car on, fan is now on at lowest setting)?

i know at the very least 03 models off is off, this modic changeable on an 01? not that i'm going to turn my a/c off at all seeing as how it's starting to reach the 90s here in texas and humid to boot... thanks
Ads by Google
Old 05-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
It almost became a habbit that I start my car, and turn off the A/C, I'm starting to get used to this off-stays-off concept in the '03...

I have asked Larry and Bart quite a few times and they couldn't do it. I know later '01 models stays off (according to a reply to my 01 vs 03 comparison post)...

--Andrew
Old 05-14-2003, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ayn
It almost became a habbit that I start my car, and turn off the A/C, I'm starting to get used to this off-stays-off concept in the '03...

I have asked Larry and Bart quite a few times and they couldn't do it. I know later '01 models stays off (according to a reply to my 01 vs 03 comparison post)...

--Andrew
yeah larry and bart are great and never could, but new a/c models can, maybe i should complain about some problems and try and get a new a/c unit... haha, while i'm there, i should try and get an 03 radio headunit for the aux in, instead of having to use a blitzsafe..... (=

haha, have to take care of all this before i hit the somewhat scary "out of warranty" period....
Old 05-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Gone Motoring!

aux in? didn't know that...
Old 05-14-2003, 03:17 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
That's odd. My 05/01 auto AC always remembers what it was at when I shut it off. I thought this was programmable...
Old 05-14-2003, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
That's odd. My 05/01 auto AC always remembers what it was at when I shut it off. I thought this was programmable...

hmm, my car is a 03/01... i'll ask my new SA about it... it's not that big a deal, but a little on the annoying side...
Old 05-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Gone Motoring!

Quote:
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
hmm, my car is a 03/01... i'll ask my new SA about it... it's not that big a deal, but a little on the annoying side...
FYI mine was 7/00...

--Andrew
Old 05-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kaz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 01/330i (build date=6/00) always returns to the last setting when I turn ignition on.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blkonblk330i
Originally posted by Kaz

My 01/330i (build date=6/00) always returns to the last setting when I turn ignition on.

what about when you turn it off? does it stay off? i need to talk to my dealer...
Old 05-14-2003, 10:46 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
what about when you turn it off? does it stay off? i need to talk to my dealer...
Yep. The weather lately has been such that I've been driving with the system shut off and it always stays that way. I did a little check just now and the only things that don't come back are rear defrost and front defog. But even with defog, it comes back up to every setting you had it at when you first hit defog.

Otherwise it appears to remember absolutely everything.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:41 AM
Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 330ci/5spd/SSK/UUC/Shark
My 330ci has build date of 4/01. Mine does not remember the setting after shutting the car off. (I always turn the AC and radio off before shhutting the car down. Habit)

When starting the car it always comes back to the low fan setting.

I also had a post two days ago on why is it that if the system is off and I press the rear defogger the fan comes on. I don't need the fan for the rear window.

My SA can't seem to do anything about it either.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Gone Motoring!

Quote:
Originally posted by PABS
My 330ci has build date of 4/01. Mine does not remember the setting after shutting the car off. (I always turn the AC and radio off before shhutting the car down. Habit)

When starting the car it always comes back to the low fan setting.

I also had a post two days ago on why is it that if the system is off and I press the rear defogger the fan comes on. I don't need the fan for the rear window.

My SA can't seem to do anything about it either.
I think that's a feature called auto climate or something like that, I thought it was programmable but 5 SAs at 2 dealerships couldn't get it to reprogram...

I haven't checked with the rear defogger in my new car, but it kindda makes sense to turn on the AC or heat when u turn that on, otherwise it will still get fogged up...

--Andrew
Old 05-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 330ci/5spd/SSK/UUC/Shark
Why would turning on the rear defogger have any effect on whether the rest of the car fogs up.

I've never had a car were these two features were coupled.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
I have a 3/01, AC stays off when i turn if off the engine and back on again.