Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
BMW Museum Opened In Official Ceremony

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW MUSEUM OPENED IN OFFICIAL CEREMONY

Munich. On 19 June 2008, Chairman of the Board of Management of the BMW Group, Dr. Norbert Reithofer, opened the BMW Museum in an official opening ceremony. He highlighted the importance of tradition for the company: "Awareness of our heritage, the experiences and developments that our company has been through give us direction, power and inspiration for our work".

After a period of construction lasting two and a half years, visitors can look forward to more than 120 exhibits in museum space covering 5,000 square metres. They will be presented in a completely new exhibition concept. The circular museum building right next to the company head office tower will continue to be a landmark. The adjacent low-level building now complements the "Bowl" - as the circular museum building has been designated ever since it was opened in 1973. This has entailed increasing the available floorspace fivefold. The museum will open its doors to the public this coming Saturday, 21 June 2008 from 10.00.

As guest of honour, Dr. Norbert Reithofer welcomed Eberhard von Kuenheim, who as Chairman of the Board of Management opened the museum in 1973. Although the exhibition has changed since then, the philosophy of the museum remains the same: "A BMW Museum has to present living corporate heritage. And it must show how BMW defines the future, on the basis of concrete objects," according to Reithofer. The future was presented in an unusual way at the opening ceremony: 350 apprentices of the BMW Group surprised guests as representatives of the upcoming generation who would shape the history of the BMW Group.

This article has been viewed 2343 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW X3
It's about time,I guess we'll all have to go back again !

BMW of Crystal Lake | email: irv_robinson@yahoo.com
For detailed ED information, visit my BMW European Delivery website and my autos blog
Wall Street Journal article on BMW European Delivery