Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Scooter
After reading through this thread, I have to say Coontie is no angel. However, the way Flow treated him is totally unacceptable.

Car dealers are in customer service business so they need to be professional regardless of the situation. There's no need for Stasi-like interrogation.

Do you think it would be better had they kept their mouth shut? I think so.

'11 e92 M3 DCT Le Mans Blue - Stock for now

'07 DINAN 550i Silver Gray/M-Tech/Sport/Premium/ NAV/ Logic7/ Quaife LSD/KW v2 Coilover - Daily Driver

'08 X5 3.0si Monaco Blue/Sport/Premium/Tech/Logic7 - Wife

Last edited by zen68; 06-28-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 328 e93
This is truly an amazing story and totally believable. I'm famiilar with the dealership. I contacted a Flow CA several months ago when ready to buy and was quoted 500 off MSRP. I was told this was the best they could do, so of course I purchased elsewhere. I also have been to their dealership years ago on a Saturday and it was like a Bimmer parade, so many cars waiting to get washed. The reason I visited back then was I had a friend in the service department, great guy, who did some work for me.

Since 4BMWFamily mentioned the situation regarding the post dated tire damage prior to Coontie discussing it, it has to be someone familiar with the situation. I'm guessing a relative, son, nephew whatever of Flow management who thought they were helping by printing and supplying the previous posts to management, back fired of course.

Time for Flow BMW to institute their Crisis Management Damage Control Plan , if they have one!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
You weren't paying attention:
- The donuts are not free, there's a donut shop across the street
- There was no loaner - the OP was going to wait for the repair
- The coffee was bad
- In this particular case, it was going to be paid by a 3rd party tire insurance...
Exactly. The donuts came from the Dunkin Donuts shop!!!

AND. I never used their loaners. Not this time, not any other time. And what if I had? So what? I have an Acura dealership 10mi away but I got my car from a dealership 20mi away. The one nearest to me gave me a loaner the one time I needed it. What's the big deal?! If I need it & they offer it, I'll take it. If not, oh well.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAY01 View Post
This is truly an amazing story and totally believable. I'm famiilar with the dealership. I contacted a Flow CA several months ago when ready to buy and was quoted 500 off MSRP. I was told this was the best they could do, so of course I purchased elsewhere.
Exactly. I said the same thing to the GM, only in my case it was $700 off MSRP, take it or leave it. He says, "I don't know, we routinely sell cars for less than $1K over invoice."

I said, "Oh yea, well how come she didn't want to do that before?" That's when the bad cop with the sour face launched into a monologue about how buying a car is like buying a horse and how this is called "NEGOTIATION" and their "$700 off MSRP" offer was simply a start to the negotiations and all that.

And to add a 3rd experience, I've a friend who lives in a neighboring town and he also went to them and was also quoted "$700 off MSRP and not a penny less." So, these are simply their prices and his claim about routinely discounting to Invoice + $1K or less is just a bold face lie.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: Late '07 335 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
There is no money to be made by works on warranty. You can talk to my dealer who kept my cars for 2 weeks, has spent tens of hours. It was finally a 125$ part... do you think that BMW reimbursed them all those hours. Of course, not.
I beg to differ. If your shop followed BMW procedures to find that bad part, they did get paid by BMW for the labor. (And paid quite well, although not the same $140/hour +/- you would pay.)
Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Corner Carving Addict

Mein Auto: 09 - 335i E92
Either Saintor has beef with Coontie or he works for or knows someone who works for Flow. I mean...HOW could someone agree with what Flow did? Its pathetic that anyone can consider what they did ok. If anyone agrees with the type of demeanor that Flow had that day then that says a good bit about their own character.
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Family Man

Mein Auto: '09 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23 View Post
Either Saintor has beef with Coontie or he works for or knows someone who works for Flow. I mean...HOW could someone agree with what Flow did? Its pathetic that anyone can consider what they did ok. If anyone agrees with the type of demeanor that Flow had that day then that says a good bit about their own character.
I hope I never unsuspectingly walk into Saintor's place of business...

+1 on best thread ever!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Corner Carving Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3Mcoupedriver View Post

+1 on best thread ever!
+2

Lets hope Saintor just has beef with Coontie...cause with his attitude it would just smear Flow even more.
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:

+1 on best thread ever!

Is this just another E90post kind of joke?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: 335i e93
so are they reading this? That is incredible, how did they know it was you is my question? What did they think was going to come out of the conversation and confronting you? Doesnt' sound too professional, a better approach would have been "we're sorry you had a bad experience, how can we make it better?" or offer you a freaking free keychain or something. Confronting a customer that had a bad experience in that manner is only going to make matters worse. Dumb dealers.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23 View Post
Yea, that's what I think also. He works for Flow or is connected to them somehow. I mean, I can't believe anybody would be so dense as to accuse me of stealing Flow's donuts or some such nonsense.

Whatever. It's a sad episode, I'm gonna raise more hell with BMWNA come Monday but that's pretty much it, I guess.

Wanna hear a real kicker? Flow was gonna charge me $377 + $45 for the tire + mounting. $422 total.

I just called a local Firestone shop, to see how much that rear Bridgestone Potenza tire was. Their quote? $250, including everything -- tax, mounting, tire, etc. So, there you have it. Given everything, no surprise there, I suppose.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Amazing story. I don't even know what to say. Flow has people on staff who are paid to surf the Interweb and keep files on local consumers? No wonder they can't sell for anything less than $700 below MSRP... they need to fund their CSI team activities.

I'm very glad you exposed them Coontie!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantombmw View Post
so are they reading this? That is incredible, how did they know it was you is my question? What did they think was going to come out of the conversation and confronting you? Doesnt' sound too professional, a better approach would have been "we're sorry you had a bad experience, how can we make it better?" or offer you a freaking free keychain or something. Confronting a customer that had a bad experience in that manner is only going to make matters worse. Dumb dealers.
Of course they are reading this. One of them even replied once, at the beginning of this thread. I think it was the General Manager himself because he was the one who accused me of stealing their coffee and donuts.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
Amazing story. I don't even know what to say. Flow has people on staff who are paid to surf the Interweb and keep files on local consumers?
Dude, they had a whole bloody folder on me!

SIX MONTHS they waited to get me & finally did.

Oops
Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm much better now, Dave

Mein Auto: 2008 335i e92
Google results for
+"Flow BMW" +rip off
shows it as the THIRD result!!!!

If you are going considering going to a place to buy or care for your Very Expensive ride, the first thing you do is Google 'em.
They say Any Publicity is Good Publicity, but this time, I doubt it.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Family Man

Mein Auto: '09 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Is this just another E90post kind of joke?
No joke... I really don't wanna do business with you ever. You've been flaming OP and telling everyone that Flow's your hero. No one's impressed by your wit nor your business ethics.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Pick your line...

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
The crap that goes down in forums... priceless.

- Mike
+1

When you pull the trigger, you better be ready for return fire.

Last edited by TMARCUSK; 06-28-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Man View Post
Google results for
+"Flow BMW" +rip off

If you are going considering going to a place to buy or care for your Very Expensive ride, the first thing you do is Google 'em.

Thnx... i also read the first result which appeas to be posted just few days back...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0336411.htm

This does not look good for the dealership in Winston/Salem But then in all fairness.... I'd run a carfax if i were to trek for 200 miles to see a car.. especially when car price is at over $4 bucks per gal

Last edited by beewang; 06-28-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Got Roundel?

Mein Auto: F30 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

That has to be classic, wish I was a fly on the wall for that one
2011 335i coupe (Gone but not forgotten)
Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Man View Post
Google results for
+"Flow BMW" +rip off

In the age of the Internet, I tend to doubt the any publicity statement too.

A 3rd result is pretty hard to dodge. If it was on the 8th page, not too many people would wade through 8 pages of search results. But 3rd result? That is a rock (albeit a virtual one) that just smashed the plate glass window (and the seven little shot glasses that Flow loves to feature on their home page)....
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Corner Carving Addict

Quote:
No joke... I really don't wanna do business with you ever. You've been flaming OP and telling everyone that Flow's your hero. No one's impressed by your wit nor your business ethics.
+1
Old 06-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Unreal... This reminds me of a good ol' wild west style lynching. The villagers have lit their torches and brought the sharp lawn tools out of the shed and have the rope at the ready. Boys boys boys...shame on you!!!! Comparisons to Abu Ghraib...? Suggestions of contacting the local news...? Posting Mr. Flow's information...? Ridiculous!!!!

The majority of you who are running your yap know absolutely NOTHING about Flow BMW - only what this guy "coontie" is telling you. In fact, many of you live nowhere near NC yet you are getting in lock step with the "ruin Flow with bad publicity" crowd. Why? To what end? Do you really know what transpired at the dealership? Do you really care?

Unlike most of you, I am very familiar with Flow BMW. I have purchased TWO cars in the past three years from Flow (a MINI Cooper S and my BMW 328i) and have found their sales process to be nothing short of excellent. I am one of their paying customers who takes advantage of the Saturday carwash and excellent coffee (thank you). As such, I know their general manager, most of their sales people, many of their service people, and a few of their Saturday car wash detail people quite well. And, yes, I have met and spoken with Don Flow. The accusations and venom leveled against the people and this company are undeserved.

One would be hard pressed to find a better BMW operation anywhere. The people in the organization care about the customer and customer satisfaction is tantamount. I have never heard one complaint from anyone and I know many many BMW devotees in this town. I also know people who have purchased vehicles from their other dealerships - Buick and Cadillac - who have been happy Flow customers for years. Thus, I have come to the conclusion that the poster is simply a difficult person who likes making trouble for others and the rest of you aren't using your brains - only chest thumping testosterone.

I have a challenge for you boys. Lest you think I am making it up, check out their track record. Don't just listen to some obscure internet joker gifted with a dramatic writing style making spurious and unproven comments. Learn the facts!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen68 View Post
After reading through this thread, I have to say Coontie is no angel. However, the way Flow treated him is totally unacceptable.

Car dealers are in customer service business so they need to be professional regardless of the situation. There's no need for Stasi-like interrogation.

Do you think it would be better had they kept their mouth shut? I think so.
That's just it, you don't know that it was a "Stasi-like" interrogation. I don't know of anyone there who would treat someone the way this guy describes. Me thinks he has a flair for the dramatic.

Do yourselves a favor. Instead of listening to one guy's beef, who admitted that he was not a regular Flow customer, talk to some people who have actually purchased cars there, have spent time in the showroom, and know the folks who work there.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: '08 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBabe View Post
Unreal... This reminds me of a good ol' wild west style lynching.
Nice first post ever. Why the moniker BMWBabe? Was FlowShill taken?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Quote:
+1

Have you seen the new book "How to cut your customer base in half" by "Saintor"?