Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
+1. The GM could have turned adversity into opportunity. But maybe they do business differently in NC.
They do.

It's not just NC though, it's mostly small, lightly populated towns where there's little competition.

Guys & gals -- thank you very much for your support.

To those who doubt my story or think me a total ass or whatever, that's fine. I've spoken, told my story. The dealership has spoken, told its story. Whatever conclusions you draw is up to you.

One thing I must say, I don't think I'm gonna take this fight to the newspapers, radio, whatever. I just don't feel like it. Believe it or not, I'm just sad, mostly. It's not the end of the world for me, I'll simply take my car elsewhere for service. And I'm sure they'll keep running their business the same way they always have and there always be poor saps buying cars from them & getting ripped off in the process and walking away thinking they got a good deal. Such is life.

I'm not even mad at them anymore. They showed the ugly, insecure side of this car selling business. Something I think we always knew was there, it's just the first time ever (for me at least) that I got to hear from the dealership managers what they REALLY think of the customers who are just a tiny bit educated. No surprises there, really.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
Wow! That is un-****ing-believable!!!
C-O-O-N-T-I-E... LOL

I wonder if my employer reads my posts on here...
Maybe I should have chosen a more cryptic login name.....

on that note.. Global Imports BMW in Atlanta is the best dealership on Earth! I hope I can work there forever!

Someone please fcuking kill me!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Happy Bimmer Driver

Mein Auto: 328i e90
LOL...philip!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 335i
I'm sure it's been pointed out, but I'm not going to read the whole thread. Stating an opinion is not defamation/slander.

Last edited by ElDuderino; 06-27-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 M3; 2008 335i Coupe
No Problem

These guys were just using their well honed techniques for fun.
Their real job is with the Australian Taxation Office.
They read everything. They know everything.
And then they tell my wife !!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Re: the car washes. The car washes are free and are offered to any BMW owner regardless of service. That's why it takes 3 hrs to get your car washed over there. People pull up directly off the street, leave their cars in a long line & go on their merry ways. I also felt bad about getting my car washed at a dealership where I didn't buy my car from. That's why I CALLED THEM IN ADVANCE to ask if that was ok. The receptionist said, "Sure, man, why not! Come on over, get your car washed, hang out -- NO PROBLEM." Ok then.

I lost all respect for you when you said you waited in line for three hours to let get your car washed. Not only could you have washed it, clayed it and waxed it yourself in three hours, you wouldn't have to worry about some nose pickers you never even met messing up your car.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 AM

Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I'm sure it's been pointed out, but I'm not going to read the whole thread. Stating an opinion is not defamation/slander.
Oh Saintor would disagree with you on that one! (BTW - I agree with you!)
Old 06-28-2008, 05:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335XI, 2005 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhn1 View Post
It might sound like 4BMWFamily is defending Flow BMW but this poster makes no mention of his affiliation with the dealership in his posting history. Also, there are some added discrepancies in his previous posts which makes me think that 4BMWFamily has very likely included bogus information regarding coontie's story. Some examples, that gives question to the truthfulness of his posts:

1. If he is affiliated with and works at the dealership, why would he state in a post that he went out of his way to test an 535 during a weekend?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...63&postcount=8

2. He had previously stated that he took an extended test drive in an ///M Roadster. Only someone affiliated would be able to do this easily. Most dealers would avoid to have someone test drive one to add lots of miles on it for no reason. Also someone would only be able to test drive one usually if they are serious about purchasing one.

But the kicker is why is he stating it in this way: "The local dealer let us...", making it sound like the poster is not affiliated with this dealer?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=3

I have to side with coontie with this situation. While it might not be possible to verify coontie's story very easily, I would tend to not question his story because of the honesty in his posts.

Thats exactly it. This story line is easier than "Murder, She Wrote"

How are the other people on this thread blind of this.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:23 AM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by maande10 View Post
There have been a number of posts that warn about slander in a serious tone. Either we have a bunch of yuppie lawyer 328i owners on this forum trying to scare up some business, or we have a bunch of amateur lawyers high on their recent stay at a Holiday Inn Express (as some have pointed out).

Get real.

First of all, call it the right thing. Slander refers to spoken communication. "Libel" is the one that applies to written communication.

So now that we're talking about libel, you have to realize that truth is a valid defense against a frivolous libel lawsuit (thanks, SJK, for pointing this out). If I call a dealership "dingy," and I can come up with some opinions about it that are based on factual interaction with the dealership, then their case would have no merit. Comments about broomsticks and dinginess, therefore, are not even close to grounds for a libel suit because both parties could spin the term. A libelous comment has to be false, malicious, and specific. For example, "BMW of Oz sold me a 3-series with rotting pig carcasses in the trunk, and then invoiced me for Pork bellies at three times the fair market price on the Chicago Merc. When I called to complain, then offered to reduce the price they were charging for the dead pigs. They suck." False, malicious, and specific.

Not to mention that "slander" and "libel" statutes are violations of the United States' 1st Amendment.

Wow boy. You missed the MAIN point. When I referred to slandering, I was not referring to any legal action. One definition is simply "A false and malicious statement or report about someone." So I don't care about your little technical differentiation.

To be considered seriously by a Court, it would have to be determined that it was malicious and mostly repetitive in an harassment manner. We are not there.

But *the OP* (the real abuser, NOT the dealer) chose to make a private thing a public one. I don't have sympathy for his attitude, behavior and actions.

Most supportive posters just see the "big & bad dealer" and don't care about integrity and fairness. They need to grow up as well.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:28 AM
07 335xi Sedan

Mein Auto: 07 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maande10 View Post
This thread comes up at the top of page 9 on a Google search for "flow BMW." Not bad at all for a thread that has been in existence for less than 24 hours. Watch it move up to page 8... page 7...
Up to page 4 now...
Old 06-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 Alpinweiss E92
Perhaps Coontie just picked the wrong time of the month to visit "Monthly Flow BMW"?

Is the moral of this story the fact that people should not "Go with the Flow"?

Sorry, but I'm childish.......I couldn't resist those.
2009 335i E92 (Delivered: 2/24/09) | Alpine White | Saddle Dakota Leather | Dark Burl | ZPP | ZSP w/19" wheels | CA | Nav | Step | Heated Front Seats | Rear Power Sunshade | Logic 7 | Sirius | M Aero Lip | Dinan Stage II | OEM Aluminum Pedals |BMWCCA # 409820 |
Old 06-28-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767jetz View Post
Who do these idiots think they are? If their sales department actually treated you as you say, they should be firing some asses and re-training the rest on how to treat a customer.

Don't they know that now their name will be plastered ALL OVER THE INTERNET anytime anyone searches the name "FLOW BMW" including this page telling the world what a bunch as idiots the GM and his cohorts are?

I wouldn't buy a freakin' key chain from that dealership. They should have offered you free detailing for life just to regain your business, considering the poor experience you had. It was so bad you did exactly what consumers do when you are not satisfied... you took your money to another dealer.

Here's an article about Flow BMW in a rip-off report:
Flow BMW misrepresents condition of used vehicle

Here's a great idea. Everyone who reads this should go to this link: Contact Flow BMW and tell them that you will steer clear of their dealership, AND tell anyone you know to do the same. Keep it short and specific and professional. (vulgarity and hate mail will only be ignored and not take seriously.) In the required fields just use your initials if if you do not feel like giving out personal information. Flood their mailbox with the same message.

Here's what I wrote:

I just read how your GM badgered a customer for posting his poor experience at your dealership on a BMW forum. Maybe you should spend more time improving your customer care and less time badgering someone for stating an opinion. I will be sure to steer clear of your dealership, and will urge everyone else to do the same.
Reading that post really clears things up about how honest this dealer is. Flow BMW will have to readjust thier sales goals for the year after this.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Stairs View Post
Up to page 4 now...
i did the same search with nothing
Old 06-28-2008, 05:48 AM

Mein Auto: '07 335i Coupe /// 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjothundal View Post
http://www.flowbmw.com/index.aspx

flow bmw, bmw flow, bmw winston, bmw salem, north carolina bmw, bmw dealer problem, new bmw flow, Flow BMW Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro, Pre owned bmw Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro, NEW BMW Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro, BMW SERVICE Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro, BMW PARTS Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro, BMW SERVICE Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Statesville, Kernersville, Mount Airy, Wilkesboro,
You forgot to add:

broom, broomstick, rear end, butt, bum, broom and bum, bum broom, sex, butt sex, broom up the butt, sodomy, flow sodomy, flow blows, ....
Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 AM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Wow boy. You missed the MAIN point. When I referred to slandering, I was not referring to any legal action. One definition is simply "A false and malicious statement or report about someone." So I don't care about your little technical differentiation.

To be considered seriously by a Court, it would have to be determined that it was malicious and mostly repetitive in an harassment manner. We are not there.

But *the OP* (the real abuser, NOT the dealer) chose to make a private thing a public one. I don't have sympathy for his attitude, behavior and actions.

Most supportive posters just see the "big & bad dealer" and don't care about integrity and fairness. They need to grow up as well.
Get off your high horse. The dealership challenging a customer on something he wrote on an Internet forum is possibly the dumbest business mistake they could have made.

If coontiie's story is true Flow BMW just became an Internet legend.

Flow BMW, if you are reading this, what is your next move???
Old 06-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Abuser of everything

You are ridiculous; the dealer had all the right to privately confront the abuser, who insults them in the back and plays nice in the front. BTW, the abuser CHOSE their service department; they should be flattered.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm a Mac

Mein Auto: 03 540iA sport
Quote:
You are ridiculous; the dealer had all the right to privately confront the abuser.
nobody's suggesting they didn't have the *right* to confront coontie in private; we're suggesting that they were stoopid for doing so. the guy is a known internet poster. how did they think he might react to their kafka-esque interrogation?

Current: 2003 540iA M-sport
Previous: 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 06-28-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansta View Post
When I walked in my alternative Dealership to have my 999 serviced, one of the sales guys asked me if I was the Jansta from the board. They waited on my hand and feet. Also helps when you're a chick!
Pics or ban.

Ducati + Chick + Chick (is not a passenger, but the one piloting the Ducati) + Atlantan = SprechenSieBMW? likey very much.

Is there a smileyface that is popping a woody? Can someone please design one, for suitable occasions such as this?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
You are ridiculous; the dealer had all the right to privately confront the abuser, who insults them in the back and plays nice in the front. BTW, the abuser CHOSE their service department; they should be flattered.
You are not thinking this through, a customer posts negative things about your business in an Internet forum. You have two choices... Win his respect and business or piss him off just to make sure that he will post more negative things about your dealership (Flow BMW in NC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma View Post
nobody's suggesting they didn't have the *right* to confront coontie in private; we're suggesting that they were stoopid for doing so. the guy is a known internet poster. how did they think he might react to their kafka-esque interrogation?
Exactly.

Last edited by BLT; 06-28-2008 at 06:16 AM. Reason: I forgot to mention the dealerships name for the search engines
Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 AM

p.s. Jansta, please don't take that the wrong (i.e. sexually harassing) way. Think it's sweet that you appreciate the finer machines in life.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Abuser of everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma View Post
No it was not stupid. It is what somebody with character does in this situation. The abuser was playing it on two folds.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:20 AM
7th Round Draft Pick

Mein Auto: RWD sedan
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this in 8 pages (or if they did I missed it). I think one moral of the story is to never use your real name on Internet boards.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
No it was not stupid. It is what somebody with character does in this situation. The abuser was playing it on two folds.
It was very stupid of Flow BMW to "invite" Coontie into a closed office and produce a folder of his Bimmerfest post. It would have been much smarter to decline working on his car without comment. That is how a professional would have handled it.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm a Mac

Mein Auto: 03 540iA sport
How about this scenario? The GM/bad cop/best looking female receptionist (seems like the BMW stealers here in NOVA all have hotties at the reception desk) invite Mr. Coontie back into an office. Offer him a coke, water, coffee, alcoholic beverage. Ask him if he's Mr. Coontie from the Fest. Once he confirms, they go on to state that they're very sorry he had a negative experience with their stealership and they'd like the opportunity to do anything/everything within reason to win him back as a loyal customer. I wonder if this story might be taking a different turn if they'd taken that approach. Can you tell that I'm in sales? Christ, BMWNA would probably give Flow another boy scout merit badge or something.

Current: 2003 540iA M-sport
Previous: 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 AM
07 335xi Sedan

Mein Auto: 07 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT View Post
It was very stupid of Flow BMW to "invite" Coontie into a closed office and produce a folder of his Bimmerfest post. It would have been much smarter to decline working on his car without comment. That is how a professional would have handled it.
No, it would have been smarter for them to service his car & do excellent work and treat Coontie with respect. Then Coontie would have a different, positive opinion of the dealership. With any luck, his next post would have been, "Although their sales was like being sodomized with a broomstick, their service was like having my balls licked and being deep throated."