Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
e30 Fan

Send a message via AIM to EDurty
Mein Auto: e30 Bmw 325iC
how do u open a jammed glove department lock?

my lock went bad, "its open but it dont realese meaning if u pull the handle nothing will happen.... ive seen a few diy on how to open it but cannot find any at the moment. any ideas?
Ads by Google
Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to monty23psk
Mein Auto: 91 318is
The way i did it, was pull up on the lever until it breaks, then with needle nose pliers you try to pen the spring clasp...not sure if this will help but sometimes you can see the metal and bend it.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty23psk View Post
The way i did it, was pull up on the lever until it breaks, then with needle nose pliers you try to pen the spring clasp...not sure if this will help but sometimes you can see the metal and bend it.
I did that but backed the screws out backwards if that makes any sense. You will have to destroy you costly glovebox latch/handle, but you won't end up with prymarks on your dash and box, and it is highly likely the handle failed anyway and that is why you are in this situation. You also want to check your hinge that the rear of the GB bolts to the firewall, it usually breaks there as this is a common E30 problem.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 88 bmw 325is
ya my handle is completely sheared off and i have been able to open it since i bought the car for all i know there could be millions or billions of dollars in there lol

also the back hinge is broken off so the lock is the only thing keeping it on