Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-28-2014, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Smile e90 CCC and CIC to NBT retrofit DIY

Background:

I'm almost finished the elusive E90 CCC to NBT retrofit. Since the BMW community has helped me tremendously in the past, I thought I would share my experience on this scarcely documented procedure. CIC to NBT retrofit would be a subset of the CCC to NBT requirements.

I have a 2006 E90 330i. For equipment relevant to the retrofit, my car was equipped with CCC /w voice control, telematics, Logic 7, heated seats, and ALU satin trim. Your car may be different and may require parts suitable for your equipment package.

Disclaimer:
I wasn't nearly as trigger happy with my camera as I should have been, and as a result, I took many pictures after the fact. I also "borrowed" a few from google images. If you own the image, please let me know and I can remove it or give credit.

I am NOT responsible if you buy parts that do not fit your car or if you damage your car in the process.

Acronyms and Definitions
CCC Car Communications Computer iDrive Generation 1: dino era to ~2008
CIC Car Information Computer iDrive Generation 2: ~2009-2012
NBT Next Best Thing (aka CIC-High) iDrive Generation 3: ~2012+
K-CAN1/2 Car Area Network communications protocol
MOST ring topology fiber optic communications protocol
ALU aluminum (referring to my aluminum interior trim)
ECU electronic control unit
TCU telematics control unit for telematics and BT (TCU also stands for transmission control unit, but were not working on the transmission here)
TRSVC - control unit for rear and side view cameras
quadlock main square wiring harness on the HU
kombi instrument cluster
fzd front courtesy light

Required Parts

eBay NBT kits:
NBT HU (I have HW:07 with internal gyro, although any HW version will work with the emulator I got, including HW:21)
NBT CID (must be 8.8" from a F20, F25 or F30)
iDrive Controller (see below)

iDrive Controller:
NBT kits on eBay typically include either the F-series standard controller or the touch controller. These run on the newer K-CAN2 protocol, have different mounting points, and have slightly different dimensions than the CIC iDrive controller.

CIC controllers use a separate frame (the black trim you see in pictures)
F-Series controllers have a built in frame

F-series controllers are NOT plug and play on my emulator and will require moving the two iDrive controller CAN wires from before the emulator to after the emulator. They also require your own ingenuity to mount and, at least on mine, a few mm needs to be shaved off from the CIC controller opening in the ALU trim. It's about 2 mm longer.

My CCC controller with haptic feedback would not register scrolling. You can try your luck with a CCC controller without haptic feedback but you'd be missing the best part of the newer controllers the shortcuts!

Needless to say, I used a CIC controller and saved the headache. Touch can always be a later project. There are many CIC controllers available on eBay with different part numbers. Not sure what the differences are but they should all work.

If you're going the touch controller route, it also requires the touch ECU, which is specific to your language.

Whichever route you go, here are some handy part numbers:
CIC Controller Frame 51169170917 (only for <2011 CIC controllers)
Touch ECU English 65829320275 (not confirmed)

Emulator:
E-series cars use K-CAN (100kbps) while F-series cars use K-CAN2 (500kbps). The emulator does nav activation and video-in-motion, but more importantly, acts as a CAN bridge to adapt the communications between protocols. There is no way to use NBT in an E-series without an emulator that does CAN bridging. An F-series activation emulator will not be sufficient.

I purchased my adapter from www.customretrofit.ro, which is owned by neo_andersson, a well-respected community member whom I feel is a true asset to the BMW community and has contributed tremendous amounts of information. He is the brains and engineer behind the E-series NBT adapter. I've read each and every post he made on the topic of NBT in the last year before I made the decision to buy, knowing I'll be supporting someone who supports our community.

Coincidentally, neo_andersson and his wife were also passing through my area and were kind enough to grab coffee with me. Without a doubt, he has a true passion for BMWs and knows these cars inside out. Much of my information that I'm sharing in this post comes from him and he deserves credit where due. (Neo isn't his real name, but I'll refer to him as Neo.)

OEM components coming from CCC (not needed if you have CIC):
CIC HU Front Panel 6 Button+AM/FM+Mode 65129270248 (More info later)
OR Euro CIC HU Front Panel 8 Buttons 65129270250 (not available in NA)
CIC HU Front Panel Knob 65129114289 (CIC front panel came with the knob)
CIC Dash Cover 51459120979 (This has heated seats cutout. Find a different part if you don't need the cutout.)
E90 LCI Center Console Trim ALU Satin (for CIC controller. Different PN for diff finish.) 51169145143
5x MQS Pins (for eNet) 61131393703
5x OBD2 Pins (for eNet) (No part number since I was given these. Ask at BMW parts counter.)

OEM components coming from either CCC or CIC:
4-6x MQS Pins (for microphone rewiring) 61131393703
Bluetooth Arial Cable 61120137616 (this is from an X5)
Aux/USB center console socket (4 pin version) 84109237653 (you'll have this if you have USB already. There's some 6 pin versions but not sure what they're used for.)
USB cable 61119129360
CAT5 network cable (I used these wires for eNet and microphone rewiring, although any wire would work.)

My car already had AUX so no new AUX wiring to HU was required.

(NBT does not officially have a glovebox USB akin to CIC's, but one can be hooked up if desired to USB2.)

OBD2 pins on the bottom and MQS pins on the top

OEM components to remove TCU (since BT is built in to NBT):
If you have a TCU, MULF or Combox, you'll need to remove it.

MOST Termination Loop 61136917541
MOST Termination Plug 61136917978 (I didn't need this but other modules might have a combined MOST plug with 4 conductors. Buy it anyways. It's a few dollars.)
(Optionally you can also disconnect the MOST connection from the MOST junction under the rear seats, but this just seemed easier.)

Aftermarket Components:
NBT CID Display Cable 70CM+ (from the emulator seller)

There is no OEM NBT display cable that I'm aware of that's long enough to use in an E90. Your other option is to purchase an OEM F30 cable and extend it yourself. It has 4 shielded conductors plus two power lines.
(NBT F30 CID Display Cable 61129261850)

2x #8x3/8" tapping screws (for CIC faceplate mounting home depot sku 887480010213)
2x #6 washers (for CIC faceplate mounting home depot sku 887480024517)

Backup Camera (optional)
Since my NBT emulator emulates the TRSVC unit, I can use any el-cheapo eBay backup camera. I purchased an E90 rear CCD camera that replaces the trunk handle for ~$50 on eBay. NBT takes standard NTSC composite video. Everyone should do this when you retrofit NBT!

The NBT emulator I purchased does not support dynamic parking lines. Neo also has another unit that will superimpose the parking lines based on steering wheel angle. I wish I knew he offered this when I made my purchase!

Random Stuff:
Trim removal tools (ebay)
Cheapo multi-meter
Dremel with cutoff wheel
zip ties
fabric tape
electric tape
heat shrink tubing
torx screwdriver bits
random common tools
Posi-Taps and Posi-Locks (for those who want to avoid soldering. available on amazon)
0.5A fast blow fuse and inline holder (for rear view camera)

Coding Hardware and Software:
eNet Cable (eBay)
K+DCAN USB Cable (eBay) (pins 7&8 needs to be disconnected)
Laptop running 32bit windows (use vmware if necessary)
eSys + PSdZDATA (and token and/or patched esys jar files)
NCS Expert + datan (to decode any removed modules)

Last edited by TarveN; 02-25-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 AM

Installation

I'm not going to cover everything. Instructions to remove specific parts can be found all over the internet. All you need to do is google "bmw e90 remove [part]". I'll only cover areas that are not well documented or I had trouble doing as others suggested.

Most of the pins, including the quadlock, are standard MQS pins. The exception is the OBD2 port, which uses different pins. See eNet section for pictures.

Remove existing HU
This has been well documented with the CIC retrofit threads.

Wire eNet if coming from CCC
CIC equipped cars are already prewired with eNet wiring. CCC cars need 5 new wires.
On my car, pin 29 on the quadlock was already occupied by a positive fan power line for the CCC unit. This won't be needed since we're taking out CCC. In it's place, you can wire up ETH_A.
Match up the wires from the quadlock to the OBD2 using these two pinouts diagrams.

Wires can be pulled under the carpeting in the driver footwell. Remove the driver foot panel and the panel covering the obd2 port. 3 torxs screws on the foot panel. 2 philips screws on the obd2 cover. Careful with the MOST diagnostics port connected to the foot panel. As always, treat fiber optic cables with the utmost respect! Do not bend them any more than absolutely necessary!

Wire microphone from courtesy lights to quadlock
Remove FZD (courtesy lights) by taking out the two sun visors. You can get your hand between the headliner to release the two clips right above the circular lights. I tried using the screwdriver prying method others talk about online to no avail.

Remove A-piller.
Remove glovebox

Pull wire down, making sure the wire in the A-piller is where the existing wires are bundled and not in front of the curtain airbag. Wires went behind the square metal bar used to hold he glovebox in place. If wiring is above, below or in front, I would expect trouble reinstalling the glovebox.

Microphone and quadlock both use MQS pins. Mine had two conductors although some may have three.

Wire BT antenna from driver footwell to HU
Remove driver side foot panel. It's three torx screws. BT module is the little black box towards the left mounted on the backside of the panel. You'll need to shave off one of the flanges on the NBT Bluetooth connector to fit the BT cable. Look carefully and you'll know which one needs to go. No modifications necessary on the BT aerial end.

Wire USB from center console to HU
Remove rear air vent by pulling the back or using a trim tool. Pull air vent back as far as possible by releasing the retention clips on the sides. Stick your hand between to push out the aux faceplate strait up and out. This was a real punisher with lots of pain.
Take out the gear shifter by pulling strait up. Pull up the black plastic frame surrounding the gear shifter by grabbing the edge through the faux leather. Take out the center console trim by grabbing through the gear shifter hole and pulling strait up hard. Pull the new USB wire to the HU.

Note: USB cable needs to be rotated 180 degrees. You can do that by shaving the connector and cutting off the clip on one side.

Wire backup camera from trunk lid to HU
Instructions are all over the internet for installing it on your trunk. Pull the composite video cable up to the quadlock and plug in the two MQS pins.

To get wiring past the backseat to the cabin, remove the seat cushion by pulling it strait up near the corners. You can pull this wire without taking out all the trim on the right side of the car. Simply slip it under the black plastic edging. Here, you'll be up to the glovebox.
Inner wire on the composite cable is the positive.

I got a switched positive lead from pin 13 from the quadlock using a posi-tap on the plug and play harness. This is a radio_on trigger line with a 0.5A current load. Although the camera consumes <100mW, make sure to add a 0.5A inline fast blow fuse to protect the head unit. Ground can come from most nuts and bolts in the trunk. Use a multimeter to test for power.

Last edited by TarveN; 09-28-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Retrofit NBT LCD to CCC/CIC monitor frame
Get the CCC or CIC screen out. See CIC retrofit threads if needed. It's only held in by two torx screws at the top.

Take off the back plastic cover from the NBT CD screen by releasing the clips. The LCD is attached to the front glass by double sided foam adhesives. You'll need to break the bond with brute force. Grab the LCD and pull directly out as hard as you can. You'll break the outer glass in the process. After it breaks, just keep pulling until you get the screen out. The inner frame will take the stress off the LCD panel and you won't damage the LCD in the process.
Next, cut off the lower edge and metal hooks with a dermal.

The NBT LCD had a thinner bezel than my CCC screen. Shave or dremel out anything that prevents the LCD from sitting flush in the frame, namely the two edges where the wings are different. Remember to use masking tape and paper/bag/something to seal the LCD opening in the CCC frame to prevent shavings from entering the area while you're trimming the edges.
Take a look at the screen in the frame to feel out the "center" position for the LCD screen. Cut and stick 3M double-sided foam adhesives to the LCD frame. Stick. Done. You'll only have one shot. Get it right! If you want to go crazy, dremel out everything that's preventing the back plate from clipping back together.

Install NBT head unit in dashboard
I used a plug and play wiring harness instead of tapping and cutting the original wires. This was by far the most painful part of the installation. It took me 4 hours and a lot of scrapes. At the end, I had to remove the radio/climate frame and put all unnecessary stuff to the empty space on the right. I also needed a zip tie to hold up the bundle of wires to clear the USB, BT, and video connectors.

I haven't made new mounting points to screw in the HU yet. It should require drilling two holes and moving the metal clips that the screw threads catch on to.
Note: If you have Logic 7 and going for the plug and play wiring harness, you'll need to transfer the fiber optic lines from the original quadlock to the new quadlock. Be gentle with the fiber optic cables.

Remove redundant parts (TCU, MULF, Combox)
My TCU was in the trunk under the removable bottom panel. I didn't take any pictures in the process but it's pretty simple. Just unplug everything, plug the MOST line in to the MOST terminator and wrap everything up with foam to prevent rattles. This took me at most five minutes.

Install new CIC front panel and dash cover
Cut upper pins. Cut clips. Shorten guides and screw in front panel.

Coding
You'll need your emulator provider to do the coding or provide instructions. The coding to get it working at a bare minimum level is beyond me and probably specific to the emulator's implementation.
I did some coding myself with e-sys. There's no DHCP server handing out IP addresses to the NBT. Connect via gateway URL using default IP: port 169.254.199.99:6801 with windows Ethernet IP set to 169.254.199.100 and gateway 255.255.0.0. I had to make my own VO file before e-sys would code successfully.
I should have needed to remove TCU VO to prevent SOS error. However, for some reason, mine didn't throw an error on the kombi so I didn't do this step.

Open Issues with Coding/Firmware

I'm sure most of these can be corrected with coding.
  1. [FIXED with firmware update] North America 2015-1 NEXT maps don't map addresses correctly in my area. NA 2014-2 seems better.
  2. RDS-TMC traffic not working
  3. [Fixed with coding] Can't seem to remove BMW Assist menu items (probably some coding issue)

Observations about NBT in E-series

[FIXED with firmware update] Reads but cannot play MP3s from USB. Oddly, can copy to hard drive and play without issues.

[FIXED with firmware update] Navigation arrival time wrong. Makes the nav unit just about useless.

Emulator supports video in motion.

Sports display units do not stick. Will need to change to HP & lbs/ft each power cycle.

CIC front panel backlights are lit when I enter the car. Apparently this is to match cars with FRM2 and FRM3's welcome lights that turn backlights on on unlock.

US CIC faceplate with 6 buttons, AM/FM and Mode buttons. 1-6 are touch sensitive, and AM/FM and Mode act as shortcut 7&8. Coding to 6button_us only disables AM/FM. Fix, buy euro faceplate?

[FIXED with firmware update] Service required menu shows two blanks for sparkplug and microfilter. Apparently these fields were removed from F-series vehicles. Can be coded out of kombi on E-series to remove the blanks.

Next Steps

[Done] Drill new holes in dash bracket to secure NBT head unit.
[Done] Clean up rear view camera wiring.
[Done] Reinstall dash trim.

Done!
NBT is great! Best thing you can do for your car if you're looking for something refreshed from CCC or CIC. Not much more I can say asides from the system being absolutely wonderful to use! It has all the bells and whistlers of any modern media system.

Last edited by TarveN; 12-20-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:01 AM

Reserving this post for future use.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Fantastic write up, and you are correct about neo_andersson, he is very knowlegeable.

Also, while NBT has a built in Combox, it does not have a built in TCU. Cars with NBT and Telematics get a separate TCB Control Unit.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 09-28-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2004 X5 4.4L
And what is real or expected cost ( parts, tools etc) and labor hours required for this?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 PM

You're looking at around $2000 from CCC or $1600 from CIC.

Since I had CCC, and had I wanted to go to CIC, I would need the CIC as well as a combox to get the functionality of NBT, reducing the cost differential for the two options. CCC to NBT is a huge leap forward. That said, I'm not sure the added functionality of NBT is that much greater than CIC's. Of course, this is coming from someone who has never used CIC
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i E90
Hi, I'm new here. Been reading for a long time but finally registered. I'm thinking of installing NBT in my 2005 E90 that currently only has Professional Radio. At first I was thinking about CIC but then I would need Combox because I want bluetooth streaming. So it looks like NBT would be a better option.

Thank you very much TarveN for the DIY! I have a few questions, do I understand correctly that after making the modifications to the ODB connector you can code NBT in your car with ENET cable? I wonder if this would work with CIC too then?
Why we need to disconnect pins 8&9 on the DCAN cable? Does that mean we can't go to BMW service with this modification?
Does Bluetooth streaming work?

Last edited by poisike; 10-23-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:27 PM

>> do I understand correctly that after making the modifications to the ODB connector you can code NBT in your car with ENET cable? I wonder if this would work with CIC too then?

Yes, with the eNet wiring, you can code NBT in your car with a standard eNet cable. The eNet wiring is the same as a CIC equipped car out of the factory. That's why it's not necessary to pull these wires if your car came with CIC.

>> Why we need to disconnect pins 8&9 on the DCAN cable?

OBD2 pin 9 is used for data communications on a K-DCAN cable.

OBD2 pin 8 goes to eth_a on the quadlock for the eNet connection. Without disconnecting pin 8&9, you've shorted out the communications line with something you shouldn't have it connected to.

Update: Typo. 7 is K-DCAN. 8 is ETH-A.

>> Does that mean we can't go to BMW service with this modification?

Dealers don't like finding retrofitted modules in your car that weren't available from the factory for your manufacturing date. For example, CIC could never be on a MY2007 car, while it can for a MY2010 car, from the factory. Or finding NBT on any E-series car.

I think they can still diagnose other modules, but not the retrofitted units. Maybe someone else can comment. I'm not versed in this area.

>> Does Bluetooth streaming work?

Works great!

Last edited by TarveN; 02-25-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93
Cars with retrofited NBT can be diagnosed by any dealer. They will only see errors related to the missing original components like CCC, CID, etc.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: bmw e90
Hello i need help for coding nbt in eserie i not found my nbt with gateway URL
Someone can help me with teamviewer ??
Old 11-26-2014, 01:41 AM

After a ton of frustration with the NBT retrofit, I have solved all my problems. It turns out all the major issues I faced were caused by early firmware on the NBT unit. After updating the firmware, everything works perfectly!

NBT is nothing less than stellar!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330xi MSport E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_andersson View Post
Cars with retrofited NBT can be diagnosed by any dealer. They will only see errors related to the missing original components like CCC, CID, etc.
Hi there - wonder if anyone from this incredible thread can help on this topic.

I have an E90 with CCC and I'm considering the upgrade to CIC or NBT. (I had thought NBT not possible, but this thread clearly counters that!)

I'm not game to do it myself, but I have know a very good retrofit company here in New Zealand which I trust.

I had to pop into my BMW dealer today for a quick service which also resulted in them upgrading the system software. Some changes to the software were quite important to the fault I'd had and it included a useful fix (for auto cleaning of the vanos units, actually).

That experience underlined my concern with a retrofit like this. Would I have been able to do that if I had the retrofit in place?!

I get on well enough with the BMW dealership and mentioned that I was thinking of this. I feared I would be marched to the door by security, but the guy was actually pretty good! He certainly didn't try to scare me off it or anything and understood why I would want to upgrade.

He didn't have any experience of relatively late model retrofits but he did wonder how such a change would affect their ability to upgrade software, etc. He mentioned the likelihood that there would be "car assets" (car components/features) that would be missing and that he's seen software upgrades get stuck when they encounter gaps like that. They had tried in the past to get some sort of recoding from Germany for such situations, but had never been successful.

Can anyone shed any light?

@neo_andersson, your short comment would indicate that the errors are not a problem - will I be able to rock up to the BMW dealer with a new iDrive and receive exactly the same service or are they likely to turn me away and/or fail when servicing the car and/or charge me lots more because it takes them more time ... ??

Thanks a lot for any comments and advice!

Regards,
Mark
Old 11-28-2014, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93
Hi Mark,

Dealer system for diagnose will have no problem in running a test of the systems or diagnose a particular problem. From the diagnose system point of view, the CCC you had from factory will be "defective" and impossible to connect to. NBT can not be seen by dealer diagnose system installed in an Exx series.

Programming is a different story. Dealer programming system wants to be able to connect to all car systems as they were delivered from factory. Not being able to connect to CCC will trigger an error and programming for other modules of the car will not start until the error is fixed which means plug the CCC back in.

There is also another BMW programming software, called Winkfp, not used by dealers, which can connect to individual ECUs of your car and perform the software update. You can use that if you really need to flash any of your car's ECU.

For your car which i assume is 2008 or older, ECU updates are very rare this days, the latest ilevel 54.0 had almost no updates for E9x chassis for important ECUs like engine, gearbox, DSC, etc.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330xi MSport E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_andersson View Post
Hi Mark,

Dealer system for diagnose ... [etc] ... for important ECUs like engine, gearbox, DSC, etc.
Hi Neo

Sincere thanks for the quick and clear reply. So it sounds like I'm ok for normal maintenance by a BMW dealer but probably out of luck for any software updates. I get almost all of my maintenance done by a non-franchise BMW specialist, but occasionally I need official BMW service.

The car is 2006 actually, but just this week the dealer did update the ECU so it seems that they are still issuing them occasionally even 8-9 years on (although I'm not sure how old that update was).

Thanks again,
Mark
Old 12-02-2014, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: E91
Hi,

i am also in process of NBT retrofit on E91, but I have a question about what NBT units are Ok for this upgrade? Is any unit OK or is there some requests about backpanel connectors which are a must?
For example is this one ok ?
Old 12-17-2014, 05:24 AM

I finally got a NBT installed. I have a car that originally had only Professional Radio, so i had to change the dashboard too.

Big thanks to Neo and TarveN! Without You two, i would not have a NBT in my car now.

I still have a few issues... hoping i can find solutions.
1. I don't get any album art over Bluetooth (Nexus 5). Do You get album art over Bluetooth TarveN? What phone do You have?
2. I removed 663 and added 609 to my VO. Then i coded KOMBI and JBBF. Everything works great except i have a error in JBBF now. It seems cars that don't have navigation from factory are missing Terminal 30g_f relay. I found a document (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...1&d=1419868638) that says this relay is soldered on to the Distribution Box board, so i can't just add it. It seems i need to replace the Distribution Box or code BISTABILES_RELAIS_ALT back to nicht_aktiv. No idea if this is a good idea...

I probably have some other smaller issues, but i can't remember them at the moment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW e90 Voltage Supply & Bus Systems.pdf (1.34 MB, 220 views)

Last edited by tim330i; 12-29-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 4.8is
Any chance of reposting the images? I'm about to do this upgrade in my X5 and it would be a huge help.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: e90 2006
Unhappy e90

hi, i need too the pictures for my e90 upgrade from CCC to NBT.
pls send or reloadet the pictures!
thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 AM

Hey,
How i can CIC Faceplate to NBT Connect?
what cable do i need?
Thx;-)
Old 12-21-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Hey,
How i can CIC Faceplate to NBT Connect?
what cable do i need?
Thx;-)
This cable was included with the NBT emulator I bought.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Thank you for responding so quickly. Can you please give me the link for the Installation guide from the start till the end. Can't find anything in Google. Thanks in advance.

Basti
Old 12-22-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Thank you for responding so quickly. Can you please give me the link for the Installation guide from the start till the end. Can't find anything in Google. Thanks in advance.

Basti
The best and most complete guide that i have found is this thread here.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
The best and most complete guide that i have found is this thread here.
Ah okay,

Where can I find the pin allocation for the OBD2 and where do I Have to put/connect the wires?
Old 12-25-2014, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
I finally got a NBT installed. I have a car that originally had only Professional Radio, so i had to change the dashboard too.

Big thanks to Neo and TarveN! Without You two, i would not have a NBT in my car now.

I still have a few issues... hoping i can find solutions.
1. I don't get any album art over Bluetooth (Nexus 5). Do You get album art over Bluetooth TarveN? What phone do You have?
2. I removed 663 and added 609 to my VO. Then i coded KOMBI and JBBF. Everything works great except i have a error in JBBF now. It seems cars that don't have navigation from factory are missing Terminal 30g_f relay. I found a document (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...1&d=1419868638) that says this relay is soldered on to the Distribution Box board, so i can't just add it. It seems i need to replace the Distribution Box or code BISTABILES_RELAIS_ALT back to nicht_aktiv. No idea if this is a good idea...

I probably have some other smaller issues, but i can't remember them at the moment.
Hey Poiske,
I'm collecting parts for the Professional (Non-nav) to NBT conversion on my E92. Do you have a list of additional parts/wiring did you need to get this working beyond what's listed above? What additional wiring/coding did you need to do?

So far i've collected:
NBT HU/screen/idrive controller
CIC screen bezel and housing
HVAC dash faceplate
CIC radio faceplate
All the misc cic cables listed above
usb aux port
Misc screws and trim bits

Still need:
idrive dashboard
NBT Retrofit harness
idrive center console trim (in aluminum)

I'll take lots of pictures and document everything to post up here.

Thanks!

Last edited by tim330i; 12-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.