Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-22-2016, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 X5, 2014 435i
First ED and First M3 (Sept 27)

Just got confirmation of my first European Delivery on my 4th BMW and first M3. Hoping that the hold on the M3's will be sorted out for the early 2017's. Will be taking Delivery at the Welt on Sept. 27th. Planning to spend a few days in Germany, Austria, then head down to Italy to Lake Como or Garda and then finally dropping the car off in Zurich to fly back to the states. We plan to do the factory tour, Oktoberfest, possibly visiting Salzburg and Innsbruck and are still exploring options for the second half of the trip. Now, if it were only 2 months from now
Gone but not forgotten: 2006 330i sedan
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d, '00 540iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_serafin View Post
Just got confirmation of my first European Delivery on my 4th BMW and first M3. Hoping that the hold on the M3's will be sorted out for the early 2017's. Will be taking Delivery at the Welt on Sept. 27th. Planning to spend a few days in Germany, Austria, then head down to Italy to Lake Como or Garda and then finally dropping the car off in Zurich to fly back to the states. We plan to do the factory tour, Oktoberfest, possibly visiting Salzburg and Innsbruck and are still exploring options for the second half of the trip. Now, if it were only 2 months from now
Right in the middle of Oktoberfest, Brave! Munich will be a little crazy (but different crazy than yesterday). Actually that was about the time we had initially planned our ED but moved it up 2 weeks to avoid it (we're not fans of big crowds).

I spent at least 40+ hours researching and planning our trip. We like nature sights and the classics. Not interested in how fast I can go (we're getting a 3GT, not an M3). Photo ops are more important to me. There is plenty to do, and actually had to pull many items from our plans because there was just not enough time. I know people like to compare trip itineraries, which is helpful when starting out yourself. So here is ours where we start In Munich (of course) and spend most the time in Austria. Until we actually take the trip cannot give any comments on how good the itinerary is.
  • Day 0-2 Munich for Factory tour, sight seeing, Welt museum
  • Day 3 - Receive Car and go right to Fussen to tour the castles
  • Day 4 - Ehrwald Austria and take the Zugspitze Cable car to top of mountain; then leisurely drive on the alpine roads ending up in Salzberg area stopping along the way for pictures and meals.
  • Day 5 - (spending 4 nights in Salzberg area, hit a few concerts in the evenings) Sight see Salzberg including Hangar-7 and the obligatory Sound of Music Tour.
  • Day 6 - Do the Grossglockner. LONG day as it's nearly 100 miles each way from where we are staying to get there.
  • Day 7 - Drive to Eisriensenwalt, See Ice Caves
  • Day 8 - work our way towads Melk abbey stopping at Hof Bei, Some of the Lakes, hitting Hallstatt for the Bone Chapel and Salt mine tour.
  • Day 9 - Melk Abbey then drive along the Danube, hitting photo ops and meals along the way ending up in Vienna where we drop off the car
  • Day 10-12 Staying Downtown Vienna and sightseeing on foot.

Last edited by KeithS; Yesterday at 07:12 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 X5, 2014 435i
Brave indeed! Its the only time the wife and I could arrange with our work schedules and to correlate with the end of my 4 series lease. That looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Will post more details as our trip planning unfolds. Despite getting the M, we will be doing mostly leisure driving as I don't want to clean vomit up from the passenger seat
Gone but not forgotten: 2006 330i sedan

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search