Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-22-2015, 10:01 PM

Mein Auto: LexusES 350
Thumbs up My ED trip

I had a once in a life time experience. I started planning for this trip in April 2015. Looked at every piece of info. that i could fine about ED and Munich, Germany pick up. My pick up date was 7/4/2015 having a 12 noon meeting and car pick up at 1:30. Every thing was right on time as scheduled. Arriving at the Welt was amazing. We were picked up at the airport by a chauffeur with my name held up on an iPhone. Our transportation was a BMW 730d black on black limo. Time to the Welt from the airport was 45 minutes with a little traffic. We checked in at the front desk and then up stairs to fill out a lot of paper work and given the rules for the lay of the land. Afterwards we went to their cafeteria for some free food. Our car consultant appointment was at 1 o'clock with a nice guy who told us all about our car and lead us to the ultimate stairway down to see your car for the first time. It's an awesome Melbourne Red with beige interior. The workings of the car was explained to us in full detail, all our questions answered then the famous lap around the Welt and out the door. They valeted our car and off to the museum which was real nice.
We picked up our car and then hit the Autobahn for a week long trip in Germany, Lucerne, Zurich, and Munich, Germany Fohn Seafood Restaurant in Munich, Germany is great if you are a seafood lover like I am and the prices are good also. The Drop off spot is right at the airport and only 5 minutes walk to Lufthansa Airlines.
All in all, wonderful experience, I would do in again in a New York minute.
Allen
Happy 1st BMW owner
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 AM
BMW Angel

Mein Auto: BMW 335i Coupe
Congrats Allen! Where are the photos of your beautiful car?
BTW we are also going to Lucerne from Munich, what is the best route? Is it via Zurich?

BMW ANGEL
2016 M6 GC - ED plan 9/2015
Old 07-23-2015, 05:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Piece of junk
No pic. No care. :P

jk - congrats!! My ED is coming up in two weeks and all these threads are making me more excited.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535x GT
Good for you! ED is, indeed, a great experience. Wish I had done it sooner.
2013 535i xDrive GT
2016 535i xDrive GT Sept ED
Old 07-23-2015, 10:09 PM

Yes, go to zurich then Lucerne. While in Lucerne check out the Old Swiss House. I tried to add pics but they said they were to big. Sorry. You are going to love this trip. We are still reeling over it.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:10 PM

I tried to add pics and they said they were too big. If any one knows how to add pics let me know and I'll add some.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:11 PM

How do I add pics if it's saying it's too big??
Old 07-23-2015, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Congratulations ! Resize your photos to smaller size, i.e. less than 3M before uploading.