Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2015, 12:59 AM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review

It was quite an experience when I mounted the OEM M6 wheels to my car with used Continental tires after having run-flats(Ellipsoid wheels) for while, but after switching to the Super Sports, that is another world of its own!

I had the lower control arms replaced along with the sway bar end links and upper control arm bushings done so that I can maximize tire life and handling capability for the new tires. I must say that after having a weighted alignment done by an Indy along with RoadForce balancing the tires, the car literally drives like a brand new car! The tires are very sticky and boy do they grip well in tight turns.

For those who are contemplating on these tires, do it and you will not regret it!
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 AM
kwikuk kwikuk is offline
Registered User
Location: North East - UK
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 24
Mein Auto: E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 E63650i View Post
It was quite an experience when I mounted the OEM M6 wheels to my car with used Continental tires after having run-flats(Ellipsoid wheels) for while, but after switching to the Super Sports, that is another world of its own!

I had the lower control arms replaced along with the sway bar end links and upper control arm bushings done so that I can maximize tire life and handling capability for the new tires. I must say that after having a weighted alignment done by an Indy along with RoadForce balancing the tires, the car literally drives like a brand new car! The tires are very sticky and boy do they grip well in tight turns.

For those who are contemplating on these tires, do it and you will not regret it!
Thanks for the review. I'm ordering a pair of these to put back on the summer rims once the snow has passed. I've heard nothing but good things about these so far.
__________________
2006 E63 650i - Stratus grey
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Squiddie's Avatar
Squiddie Squiddie is offline
BMW Snow Plow User
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,679
Mein Auto: e89 Z4, e46 330Ci vert
Can you clarify whether you have the runflats or the flatflats?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:59 AM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddie View Post
Can you clarify whether you have the runflats or the flatflats?

I'm using non-run flats.
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:59 AM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikuk View Post
Thanks for the review. I'm ordering a pair of these to put back on the summer rims once the snow has passed. I've heard nothing but good things about these so far.

You will not be disappointed! Literally the best performance tire that money can buy.
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM
gregb's Avatar
gregb gregb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Marietta, GA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,016
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Yep I've been running Michelin pilots (first the ps2s and now the super sports) on miro M6 wheels for close to 4 years now... awesome performance in the corners and so much better than the original RFTs. And the super sports wear much better than the ps2s. Probably not as long as other non-RFTs but the performance is worth it. Big fan of everything except the cost...
__________________
Regards, Greg


'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:27 PM
325ic a beer's Avatar
325ic a beer 325ic a beer is online now
World Traveller Forever
Location: Los Angeles California
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,589
Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic
Hey 07 E63650i...?

What are the exact tires you are on right now?
Any spare tire? Or fix a flat? Or tire plug kit with compressor on board? Have any flat yet?
I'm interested and curious.
Thanks,
__________________
325ic a beer

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2015, 01:59 AM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ic a beer View Post
What are the exact tires you are on right now?

Any spare tire? Or fix a flat? Or tire plug kit with compressor on board? Have any flat yet?

I'm interested and curious.

Thanks,

245/40ZR19 for the fronts and 275/35ZR19 for the rears.

No spare tire, but I have BMW Assist.
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2015, 03:00 AM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,536
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
PSS are fantastic tires. Here is a thread form a post a while back:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ighlight=tires
__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

Last edited by roseng; 01-24-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb View Post
Yep I've been running Michelin pilots (first the ps2s and now the super sports) on miro M6 wheels for close to 4 years now... awesome performance in the corners and so much better than the original RFTs. And the super sports wear much better than the ps2s. Probably not as long as other non-RFTs but the performance is worth it. Big fan of everything except the cost...

+1

It really transforms the driving experience! I wouldn't be surprised if lateral acceperation(G-Force) improves from the tires alone.
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2015, 01:50 PM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is online now
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,394
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
PSS are fantastic tires. Here is a thread form a post a while back:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ighlight=tires

Indeed they are Gary. I cannot use any other tire after this for the 650i. Expensive, but worth every penny when you take a freeway curve at 130mph with a big grin on your face!
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 PM
euhysh euhysh is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: 08 650 Coupe 6MT
Agreed, I finally swapped in some Pilot Super Sports after putting on about 30k miles on my Bridgestone RFT. PSS are fantastic tires. Sticky as hell, responsive but without the harshness.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Eval6series Eval6series is offline
www.AutoBadges.com
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 224
Send a message via Skype™ to Eval6series
Mein Auto: 2007 650i Convertible
Yeah, I have the same tires and love them!
__________________

2007 650i Convertible - 20" Lexani BBS Rims
MagnaFlow cat back exhaust system
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 PM
TxTaz's Avatar
TxTaz TxTaz is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Antonio, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 748
Mein Auto: 2010 650i Coupe
Yep. Awesome tires.
Taz
__________________
Taz...
2010 E63 Black sapphire metallic
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms