Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: '99 323iC
'99 323iC Please Help!

Hello Everyone ,

You guys and gals are an amazing bunch. You're so passionate about your cars; you know so much about your cars; and you are so eager to help others with theirs. You are the kind that this world need a lot more of. Keep up the spirit .

I just have some a few quick questions for you:

1) My '99 323iC... Part vendors, including some BMW periodicals, keep referring to it as an E46, not an E36 like my owner manual indicates. It has gotten to a point that I'd just tell them it's a '98, just for the sake of getting the right part for my car. Is this going to come back and bite me later? Do you know if there is any difference between the two model years?

2) From the time I had bought my car until now, because of warranties and work, I left the care of my baby to the local dealers. Now, with you, I'd really like to do some of that caring myself. Primarily, I would really want to add a body-kit, a CAI and an exhaust system. Do any of you know a good part vendor in Southern California, specifically Orange County? Or a reputable on-line vendor?

3) For the fore-mentioned parts... I am an old-school kind of person. I like the classy look of the M3. But I do not want to turn my baby into a fake M3. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions as to which kit, CAI or exhaust, I should get.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and pass on .

Last edited by little_Magan; 07-28-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
(Insert one liner here)

Mein Auto: Tha 'Runner
i dont know on the e36/e46 debate, just tell 'em, "Look here dipsh!t, it's my car, dont correct me. It is an E36." lol

There's bavauto.com, dinan.com, my hot bmw .com (kinda cheap, had to space it, cause bimmerfest dont like it. lol), www.bimmian.com, www.umnitza.com, many others.

Go ahead and read the first page of the "mod's and upgrades" sticky and the scroll throught the rest of it if your bored, great info in there, and the other stickies, all great.

As far as the kit goes, you can get m3 front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper and pull off a great look, without being fake, but there are many others out there. K&N makes a great CAI, and exhaust is all up to how much you money you want to let go of, the sites mentioned above will have tons of options, I'm considering a scorpion exhaust, bout $500. A good chip is the Jim Confroti (I think I mispelled that)

Any other questions, just ask, and I'm sure my opinion is the first of many repsonses. and Welcome to the 'fest.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Thanks, Big-Tex

Thanks for the links. Bimmian and Bavarian Autosports were great.

If I were to buy the body kit for my car right now. I would do exactly what you just said. I have seen quite a few kits, but overall I think the M3 looks the best.

Exhaust... What make you prefer Scorpion? Why not Remus? I heard they are pretty good too.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e36 323 convertable
Most 318is came with factory fitted mtec kit so wouldn't worry about being a fake M3,you cant beat the mtec kit
Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM
(Insert one liner here)

Mainly price, the remus is nice but also the scorpion has an oval tip as an option and I really like that look. I think the exhaust is mainly bout price and personl preference, most of 'em on those websites are all good.

also check with http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/index.asp

Nunquam non paratus
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the turner link Big-Tex. They seem to be quite straight-forward.

Hey, my car is white too. Nice and clean color. But the sides of my car are dinged up, though. That's why I am looking to get the body kit for it, since I will have to paint the car. Are you gonna get the kit for your car too?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoril blu View Post
Most 318is came with factory fitted mtec kit so wouldn't worry about being a fake M3,you cant beat the mtec kit
I agree. Quick question though... Why are there jack holes on some M-tech side skirts and not on others? Is that an indication that it is not genuine BMW, or what?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 AM
(Insert one liner here)

I'm gonna stick with the stock bumpers/side skirts for now due to clearnce, I have a gravel drive way so I dont want to mess up an aftermarket kit, I'm just gonna paint mine white.

I'm not sure on the jack holes, they all have the punch outs ( i think), but if its an OEM part there shouldnt be just a hole there.

Nunquam non paratus
Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
(Insert one liner here)

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=BMW

not a bad site

Nunquam non paratus
Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
(Insert one liner here)

http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/...duct_info.html

That's a full M3 replica kit for like $650, might be worth a look see.

Nunquam non paratus
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the info on the M3 body kit. That is an excellent price. But "professional installation?" I saw some that says installations on their kits are simple. I need to look more into this. Furthermore, I am talking to a part and service guy at my local dealer. I am trying to get him to "hook me up" with the M3 kit there. I'll let you know.

One more thing... What do you think about the dual twin exhaust system? I heard installation might be a pain. But, I think that lool is sweet.Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0022.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	155450

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lumma rear.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	155451
Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
(Insert one liner here)

Yeah that profesional intallation, threw me off, but everything on their site said that, so who knows. lol, yeah the twin exhaust looks awsome.

Nunquam non paratus