Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 12-26-2013, 01:06 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 550i m sport
Bmw 550i e60 m sport 2006 no start no lights on display.forbe stuck gear lever not sh

Gurus,
I have a 2006 bmw 550i m sport. I have a mojor problem resulting from the removal of my gearbox by a mechanic. The gearbox was a suggestion of the mechanic to be entirely removed after the vehicle was continously in safe mode.
now my car is not showing anything on the display except for one new error on the display when the battery is connected. the error shows a little car with cross arrows at the top. i dont know what this means. plus the gear lever is not engaging gesrs anymore.
i am regretting having my gesrbox removed because the car is now worse than it was. the other day an auto mechanic looked at the car it managed to start but gears could now engage. and the push to start was not switching off the car. the mechanic apparently swiched it off by removing terminals in the battery.

i need help.
synwa is online now Report Post

Sent from my GT-I9505 using BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google