Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: 84 733i
84 733i electronics fun

Hello, a newbie here. I recently picked up an 84 733i in beautiful condition, except for the desert sandblasted paint, and the fun I expect to have with the body electronics. any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. I'll start out by telling you I am an ase mechanic, formerly with my own shop. I have mitchell, but it doesn't go into enough detail with diagnostics of the chassis systems. So I have a 2 owner car, wih the latest one being a dyier with limited skills. Me thinks he may have tried a few things. I have a tach/efficiency gauge that does not work, a gas gauge that doesnt work but the low light does and I have already tested the sender (itS ok) no cruise, no central locking system and as it gets colder, it's starting rough and needing to warm for a few seconds before it will run right. It's also a manual four speed with OD.
Advertisement