Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 328cic and Mercedes
This one?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalk...7606732442496/

eek! She's home! In my garage!

Hannah Belle crosses the Alps - the photos

Hannah Belle crosses the Alps - the blog
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM

In other news, my book is due to arrive tomorrow. All that work - it is about to pay off!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: SBM 128i convertible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth View Post

Yup! That's the one! (Note to self: learn to be more observant of those in my vicinity!!)
ED on 6/5: 128i CVs, Sparkling Black, Terracotta, Burl trim, Anthracite Silver softtop, heated front seats, iPod/USB adapter, Premium pkg., Sport pkg., Nav, Xenon lights, Steptronic auto., Comfort Access, Park Distance Control.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
WHAT A BUMMER THAT WE DIDN'T SYNC UP AHEAD OF TIME!!!
I agree!! I knew when you left, of course, but thought you had left Munich for the rest of your trip before we got there. We picked our car up on Fri., June 6, but then left it parked until Sunday. Your picture, if I remember correctly, was taken on Saturday after a very rainy day (we spent the entire day at the Deutsches Museum). We felt fortunate to find a table so we could enjoy our biers (and John his pretzels!!). The timing of the Glockenspiel at 5 pm was an added bonus!
ED on 6/5: 128i CVs, Sparkling Black, Terracotta, Burl trim, Anthracite Silver softtop, heated front seats, iPod/USB adapter, Premium pkg., Sport pkg., Nav, Xenon lights, Steptronic auto., Comfort Access, Park Distance Control.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:36 PM

I didn't really know we'd be back in Munich so early to be honest. I didn't plan the last few nights of the trip b/c we wanted the flexibility of being anywhere we wanted to be. As it turned out, the weather was so crappy we decided to just get back to Munich early so that we could drop the car Saturday before closing - otherwise on Saturday we would still have been in Switzerland (the original plan - which even that got jettisoned because of the weather and indeed we stayed on Lake COmo a few extra days).

ps. and for anyone reading this far - YES I WILL WRITE A TRIP REPORT! Maybe even start it this weekend... stay tuned here...

Old 08-22-2008, 05:40 PM

OOOOOh, my Blurb book showed up today. 160 pages, and, 11 x 13 so the full page photos are really full page photos! It's gorgeous!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Thanks for those wonderful pix. Best yet on the Fest, IMO. The title slide for the first batch takes me back to the time when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Korea (Stay with me; there IS a point). I was taking German classes at the Goethe Institute...all Korean students and me. The second chapter of the textbook was called "Wir machen eine Fahrt." (Sorry for any spelling errors.) No one could figure out why I kept chuckling. Just too culturally insensitive, I guess.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the idea of a book. I saw a recipe book at the wedding we attended in Germany (I even had contributed a couple of pages!) that was published by the same firm and it was beautiful - great quality. It is a much more permanent momento of your Germany pictures (or any other vacation!) than a bunch of e-files stored on a disk somewhere.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:49 AM

Prorail, thanks, wow, that is a nice compliment.

Susie, that's right - and it's a lot of fun to see the finished product too. Blurb does a great job.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Mein Auto: '07 E92 335i
Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur in Ortisei

So nice to see other photos of the Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur in Ortisei. We had a great stop-over after picking up our 335i coupe last June 2007. Zonia, the daughter of the owner, was wonderful. And the setting was spectular, no? I only hope that we'll return again soon. The whole area is magic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4196.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	160065   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4198.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	160066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	160067  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolfo View Post
So nice to see other photos of the Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur in Ortisei. We had a great stop-over after picking up our 335i coupe last June 2007. Zonia, the daughter of the owner, was wonderful. And the setting was spectular, no? I only hope that we'll return again soon. The whole area is magic.
Great photos! Yes, the Uhrerhof Deur is very special. Mom proclaimed it her favorite hotel of the trip, even though the Eremo Gaudio is tough competition (Varenna).

The location is just stunning. Did you see the photo of the mountainside, with the U-D circled? You feel like you are on top of the world, there, but then you see a photo and realize you are maybe 1/3 of the way up!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
All I can say is WOW. Great shots.

PS are you doing the NCC Fall drive.

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)

ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Old 02-25-2009, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Hi everyone

As promised, I sorted it down to what I think are "the best photos" from the trip:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalk...58259622/show/

I guess 120 is a lot easier to look at than 450-500 or so...

And thanks 3series, Italy is so photogenic you just point your camera anywhere and BAM a beautiful photo...

ps. if you click on the "i" when the slideshow comes up, it will show captions...

Thanks for that capsule summary. A most enjoyable photo essay. Also thanks to the poster who nominated your photo report as one of the ten best on Bimmerfest since I had missed it when originally posted in August.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
Thanks for that capsule summary. A most enjoyable photo essay. Also thanks to the poster who nominated your photo report as one of the ten best on Bimmerfest since I had missed it when originally posted in August.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcar View Post
thanks for that capsule summary. A most enjoyable photo essay. Also thanks to the poster who nominated your photo report as one of the ten best on bimmerfest since i had missed it when originally posted in august.
+1

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)

ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM

Hi everyone

Wow, I missed that - really? One of the ten best, are you pulling my leg? Thanks, that's really nice!

I still haven't written a "report". Ergh. I will get to it before the anniversary date.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 3series
Beth. Great photos. Ski cortina it's beautiful in the winter. Never been there in spring summer. Great alpine ski town. Haley