Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 BMW 335xi 6MT
Navigation question: Can you view turn by turn directions?

I've got some questions on the navigation system that I'd like to put to you guys. I read the manual and asked my CA and the answers I got were not what I hoped.

1. Once you select a destination can you see a list of all the turns like in text form? On my Audi navigation system I can see turn by turn directions as you would see for example on google maps.

2. Besides setting the different options like "avoid highways", "fastest route", etc., is there any way to make the navigation system pick a particular route? For example, on my Audi I get several proposed routes and I can select one of them. From a previous post here it seems like the answer is no but confirmation would be great.

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Not that I have found, no.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanboy View Post

1. Once you select a destination can you see a list of all the turns like in text form? On my Audi navigation system I can see turn by turn directions as you would see for example on google maps.

2. Besides setting the different options like "avoid highways", "fastest route", etc., is there any way to make the navigation system pick a particular route? For example, on my Audi I get several proposed routes and I can select one of them. From a previous post here it seems like the answer is no but confirmation would be great.

Thanks!
Yes and no.

1. you can see route list (i think that's what is called in the menu)
2. only one route list at a time. would have to switch your preference each time (from "fastest" to "avoid highway" as example)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 AM

Mein Auto: E92 BMW 335xi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaq View Post
Yes and no.

2. only one route list at a time. would have to switch your preference each time (from "fastest" to "avoid highway" as example)
Hmm, ok, my CA tried for a few minutes but didn't think it could be done. I'll play around with it some more today. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 AM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi (on order)
it's hard to find

It's not a menu item available when you're viewing a map. It's not a menu item from the arrow screen.

You have to go "back" to the nav menu, and go towards the bottom of that menu, and the knob will allow you to select a number of things, one of which is 'route list'.

That's what you're looking for.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 AM
DirtyDeedsDoneDirtCheap

Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaq View Post
Yes and no.

You can also choose different route, and it will pick an alternate route from that same "layer" that has route list and route preferences. This will choose an alternate route without changing route preferences.