Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Dinan exhaust installed w/ video clip!

Enjoy... sounds great... also 110% NO DRONE on the highway just a little more rumble when you get on it this is exactly what I wanted since all my other cars with cat backs just annoyed me on the highway. Let me know what you guys think... more vids to come later tonight.

Advertisement
Old 08-26-2008, 12:26 PM

common guys a little feedback would be nice ...no
Old 08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Sathees ~ Tivu Empire

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Coupe
Just have the car parked and get someone to rev the engine a little bit...then post it.

2008 335i Coupe | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | Grain Grey Wood Trim | Sports Package | Navigation Package | Premium Package | 6 speed MT | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Wheels Style 269 | M3 Spoiler | OEM Euro Lip |

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Mein Auto: 09 - 335i E92
What is the point to wanting a louder exaust? Isn't that what the people in riced civics want? Maybe I just don't get it...I dunno.

To me it sounded amazing stock.

Btw, are those the stock xenons?
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM

I dont think you get anything with modding... did i tell you 2 put it on your car no... the exhaust is better flowing and there are HP gains from it... and yes i did want it louder... but no matter how many mods i do 2 MY car it will never be a civic or considered RICED OUT. Give me **** for being a EuroTuner if anything.... people mod lambos and porsches you act like you should feel high and mighty because you own a bmw.... its nice but there is so much nicer and more expensive out there. you may think the car is perfect as is but i want something faster louder and more aggressive looking... and something that i have made my own... not something from a factory that every other person has.

as for the video ill get on that right meow and should have it up soon ... just figured yall would want an in motion video
Old 08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i convertible
I agree, I wouldn't want a louder more obnoxious exhaust. I for one like to have a conversation or listen to the radio. There is an is250 in my neighborhood with a loud exhaust on it and it just sounds horrible and defeats the purpose of having a lexus.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwhite1015 View Post
I dont think you get anything with modding... did i tell you 2 put it on your car no... the exhaust is better flowing and there are HP gains from it... and yes i did want it louder... but no matter how many mods i do 2 MY car it will never be a civic or considered RICED OUT. Give me **** for being a EuroTuner if anything.... people mod lambos and porsches you act like you should feel high and mighty because you own a bmw.... its nice but there is so much nicer and more expensive out there. you may think the car is perfect as is but i want something faster louder and more aggressive looking... and something that i have made my own... not something from a factory that every other person has.

as for the video ill get on that right meow and should have it up soon ... just figured yall would want an in motion video
To me a BMW screams "sophistication", in my opinion (and indeed, it is just my opinion) BMWs shouldn't be modified, it just takes more away from the car than it adds. I have seen alot of people modding their BMWs to try and look or sound faster, but to me it is absurd and immature. I also don't see the point in modding a Porsche or Lambo if you're not racing it.

If you want to do it on your car, thats fine. Make it yours. I just was stating my opinion on the matter.

And No, you didn't tell me to put one on my car, but by posting your videos on here, are you not asking for people's opinions on the exhaust?
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...

Last edited by Mk23; 08-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
Dinan's website indicates that you spent $1,749 for a gain of only 6 horsepower. If you enjoy the sound that much, then good for you.

I would have probably opened up the left exhaust to see if that added some "sound" before dropping that kind of money.
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard | Dinan Suspension | BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: anything with wheels
Nice! I see you don't waste any time. Did you decide on an intake yet?
Old 08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
Dinan's website indicates that you spent $1,749 for a gain of only 6 horsepower. If you enjoy the sound that much, then good for you.

I would have probably opened up the left exhaust to see if that added some "sound" before dropping that kind of money.
+1

Not only that, but it hangs down below the bumper and doesn't look as good as stock in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:12 PM

waiting on the intake rooster .... only other thing im waiting for is rims and cf parts (going to wait till next summer so they dont get beat up over the winter .... think im going to wait for either dinan or bmw performance to come out with an intake.... open air cones under the hood are not what im looking for ... and yes I am taking the car to the track and planning on showing it... this will be my 3rd show car and common what 2k when you just bought a 50k car???? and most exhausts are around the same price with the same gains but they have a drone like most catback systems do. just uploaded another video as requested with the camera on the ground behind the car enjoy....

Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335 Convertible
Congrats! I think it sounds good...I'm doing Stage 2 but sticking with stock exhaust
Old 08-26-2008, 02:34 PM

dammit i wanna do stage 2 but i cant since BMW of Westchester ****ed me over and no oil cooler so stage one for now and when they right their wrong its all about stage 2!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
As long as the sound is what you were looking for, it was a good decision. Soon you'll have it up to 390 hp and it will really be a beast.

Enjoy it!!
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard | Dinan Suspension | BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
Old 08-26-2008, 05:44 PM

I think it sounds really nice but to a certain extent i think mk23 is right about leaving bmw's the way they are.

But if u want to be different than everyone and express yourself that cool too as long as it doesn't get tacky(which for now in my opinion its not).