Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 AM
E65/E66 Helper Man.......

Send a message via AIM to harjothundal Send a message via MSN to harjothundal
Mein Auto: BMW 745 Li
a most bus isnt intended to be a repair, but rather diagnosis... if it helps symptoms, i hate to say that whatever issue cause the problem will most likely arise again... this just reset all devices in the chain so they re-establish communication, that's really about all it does... also be careful with the fiber optic wires, the smallest kink can affect the entire ring!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 02 bmw 745i
hey harjot, check your pms...
Old 11-23-2012, 06:35 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 745i MY02
Thanks a million for that! Now I have bass! And its Friday. All I need now is beer and someone to chauffeur me around...

Just like you said, after reset it seemed like I got several more speakers. Fascinating!

Life's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4427 View Post
Just wanted to share with you.
I was pretty much dissatisfied with sound quality on my E65 (No Logic 7 installed) and felt that sound system is not working correctly (lost clarity especially on high frequencies) After some research found an article by mighty BMW_Tech where he suggested following to fix unrelated to my problem audio failure:

"We can isolate possibilities and eliminate them one by one,thus the need for more information.If you can,borrow a MOST bus "jumper" from another car.This is located in the glove box, looking in it's on the top panel with a "door".You cant miss it,that's the MOST bus connection for the OPS.(Pin 1 is incoming,2 is out) You can try to "reset" the MOST by turning the key on and disconnecting/reconnecting the jumper plug."

I decided to try reset. Result is AMAZING. Now system produces deep and clear sound on all frequencies and I am happy happy ! It's like half of the speakers just got turned on...

I do not know, maybe bus reset triggered other processes but looks like now system is back to normal again.

BMW_tech, thanks for info!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM
ICE COLD

Mein Auto: 04 745i
I can't believe this actually worked but I tried it on my 07 and my audio sounds totally different! The bass is strong now and not all treble. Thanks a million!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 745li
Has anyone tried it with logic 7 and it worked.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Guess I will try this too.

I've about had it with my feeble ass bass...

~ Big Marcus
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Just returned from doing this.

I shall allow the following smiley to describe my results...

Ohhhh Mmmmm Geeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stereo completely woke the FOK UP!!! Bass is now present... BIGTIME!

Now then... I was unable to completely remove the clip (pisses me off how they make small **** so difficult to remove!) so I used a small screwdriver and pried it loose. It didn't take much but I knew the connection broke because the radio and screen went off. The engine wasn't running but the everything else was: place fob in and press start, THEN do the disconnect.

HEDGE... I owe you a BREW bruh!!!!

*edit* this makes me wonder about the "amp fix" floating around....

~ Big Marcus
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM
The Entertainment Guru

If A4427 is still around after all these years.... I owe you a BREW or TWO!

~ Big Marcus
Old 12-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: bmw e63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Just returned from doing this.

I shall allow the following smiley to describe my results...

Ohhhh Mmmmm Geeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stereo completely woke the FOK UP!!! Bass is now present... BIGTIME!

Now then... I was unable to completely remove the clip (pisses me off how they make small **** so difficult to remove!) so I used a small screwdriver and pried it loose. It didn't take much but I knew the connection broke because the radio and screen went off. The engine wasn't running but the everything else was: place fob in and press start, THEN do the disconnect.

HEDGE... I owe you a BREW bruh!!!!

*edit* this makes me wonder about the "amp fix" floating around....

~ Big Marcus
Me alegro mucho de que lo solucionaras Marcus.... Ahora podras escuchar bien la musica de tu hermano LL COOL J....jajajajajaja..
Old 11-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto: E87
MOST BUS reset

I can't find the MOST BUS reset on my 2005 E87, i looked inside the glove compartment and all i can see is the fuse box, any idea where it is please?
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Re: 2003 E65 - Sound Quality - MOST bus reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv View Post
I can't find the MOST BUS reset on my 2005 E87, i looked inside the glove compartment and all i can see is the fuse box, any idea where it is please?
Thanks.

I think you will get help if you go to the right section ,
This is the E65 E66 section

Sent from my C6833 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 PM

Mein Auto: 730i
MOST BUS light off

Hi all, thank you all for very helpful info on here.

I was trying to reset my MOST BUS and took off the loop and put it back on. Initially, the red laser from the cables feeding the loop was when the car was on; now it isn't.

I have no audio whatsoever: music, warning chimes, PDC etc..
I had a stuck (own written) cd in the centre console a few years and though it played, I couldn't eject it. Then my both the speakers in the rear doors went off as well as the passenger side midrange..

The CD options grayed out on the i-drive, which is when I found this thread and tried the reset, now seems I caused more damage than there
existing.. The cd changer just whirs without actually picking and loading a cd. Long country drives on hilly, bended roads not the same without the music.

Help!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 AM

As I understand it, if any device on the MOST bus has problems, it could affect all the others. MOST bus is a closed loop network (much like the old Token ring architecture), and
when one device fails to deliver, or corrupts the packets, everything else is affected.

So, if your CD player had a problem from before, the reset might (now I'm speculating) have triggered a complete failure, and now the loop is broken due to it.

I would take it to a dealer and have it diagnosed. For me, it was just a matter of turning the ignition on, removing the loop connector, waiting for a minute and then reconnecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelmosoti View Post
Hi all, thank you all for very helpful info on here.

I was trying to reset my MOST BUS and took off the loop and put it back on. Initially, the red laser from the cables feeding the loop was when the car was on; now it isn't.

I have no audio whatsoever: music, warning chimes, PDC etc..
I had a stuck (own written) cd in the centre console a few years and though it played, I couldn't eject it. Then my both the speakers in the rear doors went off as well as the passenger side midrange..

The CD options grayed out on the i-drive, which is when I found this thread and tried the reset, now seems I caused more damage than there
existing.. The cd changer just whirs without actually picking and loading a cd. Long country drives on hilly, bended roads not the same without the music.

Help!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 730i
Thank you Hedge for your response. My understanding on the electrical components in this vehicle is severely wanting. Is broken loop to be taken literally or does it mean there is a miss (for lack of a better word) between two points in the loop? If the latter, can this be solved / investigated before the drive to the dealer 500kms+ on A - D grade roads..

I read somewhere before my problem on a way to isolate the components one by one in the trunk (can't find it now, of course).

As well, initially I had lost all iDrive functionality, after the reset I regained control of this save for the cd and cd changer options grayed out and AM/ FM seemingly active though non-responsive.

Chuffed by my (borrowed on this hallowed pages) genius I tried it again and lost the laser light. All else seems back to normal.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 PM

2003 E65 - Sound Quality - MOST bus reset

From your description it sounds more like the optical bus failing due to one or more components on it acting up. I don't have the links just now, but there is a couple of YouTube videos showing the basics of MOST bus fault finding. Basically it involves using an optical loop like the one in the fuse box to circumvent components until the faulty ones are found. Make a quick search on MOST and E65 and you should find them.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750i

My radio was stuck on "aux" so I tried to do reset, by unplugging lollipop, then reconnecting it after 1 minute. Now navigation doesn't show on split screen and I can't select fm, am, sat. Maybe it will come back, parking car for 2 hours, hope it comes back

Old 12-13-2013, 09:06 PM

It works now

Old 12-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li

What was the solution?

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 12-14-2013, 12:39 PM

I let the car sit for two hours while I was in class, went back to normal.