Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-26-2016, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: Subaru
Leasing European Delivery

Hello, going to order 430i in about 45 days for delivery in April 2017 in Munich, I am going to lease but my question is do they actually run my credit when I order in January, or when i sign for the lease before going to Germany?
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT Neptune Blue
Usually when you order the car. You would lock lease rates and programs at that time as well. Then at the time you do the paperwork, about 10 days before pick up in Munich you can review the current program and pick the better of the two.

2017 740i Individual, Ruby Black, Tartufo Merino Leather, 20" Wheels, Executive Pkg, Driver's Assist I & II, Luxury Rear Seat Pkg, & CarPlay
Delivered at the BMW WELT in Munich Oct. 14, 2016

2014 BMW 550GT M-Sport Imperial Blue - ED Aug 2013
2014 BMW K1600GTE Mineral White
2011 BMW 550GT Neptune Blue - ED Oct 2010
2008 BMW 550i Monaco Blue
Old 11-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: A lonely i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidude View Post
Usually when you order the car. You would lock lease rates and programs at that time as well. Then at the time you do the paperwork, about 10 days before pick up in Munich you can review the current program and pick the better of the two.
Kinda.

They will run your credit when you order the car. IIRC You can only lock in your rates 60 days out, depending on what day in April and what day you do the purchase you may not be able to lock at the time.

Paperwork should be signed as close to your trip to Munich as possible as that is when your actual lease starts (not on car pick up).
2014 BMW i3
Retired Bimmers:
2013 BMW 550
2009 BMW 335
Old 11-30-2016, 11:02 AM

Thank you both for the information, now i'm thinking about actually moving the date up to March 15th instead that helps alot, can't wait to post my ED Story here!!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '16 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyus87 View Post
Thank you both for the information, now i'm thinking about actually moving the date up to March 15th instead that helps alot, can't wait to post my ED Story here!!!!!
Check with your CA about how many weeks ahead of Munich delivery it will be necessary to place your order. If you place the order on March 15 your car may not be available until the end of April. The date that triggers the start of the lease is not the "order" date, it's when you "sign" the lease.

If you want to pick up the car in Munich on a specific date in April there is no reason to delay placing the order. The longer you wait to place your order the greater the risk that you will not get your specific date. The date that you want to delay is the day you sign all the documents before leaving for Munich . The ideal date would be on your way to the airport - though that may bring other risks into play.

The other date that you may want to consider is the date you drop your car off in Europe. If you plan to spend some time in Europe without your car it makes sense to spend that time after you drop your car off. This way your car gets a head start while you are enjoying yourself sightseeing. The time it takes your car to get home will be the longest 2+ months that you will ever spend. If a couple of those weeks are spent in Europe sightseeing the wait will be lass noticeable.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:16 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to skilletbgm
Mein Auto: '16 X5, '17 M3 ZCP (ED)
Quote:
Just FYI -- the ED dates aren't confirmed until there is a production number. If there Is a specific date or dates you're shoot for, you need to get the ball rolling to get it scheduled. Also keep in mind there may be snow on the ground in March/may require winter tires... just keep that all in mind as you plan your pickup and holiday.

Cheers,

2014 X1, 2014 535d, 2011 E90 335d, 2007 E92 335i, 2004 E46 330i, 2001 E39 M5 - retired -
BMWCCA - 341029

European Delivery: ('14 X1, '14 535d) - September 13, 2013
European Delivery: ('17 M3 ZCP) - October 1, 2016

Old 11-30-2016, 04:42 PM

thanks you all for the information, I reached out to a CA here in the area and he said that for a Mid April pick up in Germany, end of Jan to early Feb would work for ordering, does this sound about right?
Old 12-01-2016, 04:44 AM

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '16 535xi
Quote:
thanks you all for the information, I reached out to a CA here in the area and he said that for a Mid April pick up in Germany, end of Jan to early Feb would work for ordering, does this sound about right?
Yes. About six weeks should be fine. Be aware of German holidays when the Welt will be closed - Easter (April 16) might be a problem for you as the Welt will probably be closed on the Monday that follows. Your CA should have a calendar that will list all of these dates.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:24 PM
European Delivery Advisor BIMMERFEST SPONSOR

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 3.0
Quote:
Hello, going to order 430i in about 45 days for delivery in April 2017 in Munich, I am going to lease but my question is do they actually run my credit when I order in January, or when i sign for the lease before going to Germany?
I wouldn't order you a car until I ran your credit!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search