Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
From what I've heard, the Orion angel eyes are actually brighter, because of the design of the ring......

Also, the Aurora AE's seem to have problems with their clips breaking......

I have P46s with just standard CCFL AE's in my headlights. The fitment and quality is great, and after surviving a -5 to -15*F winter, these headlights are made to last........

Just PM me if you have any further questions. I'll be glad to take pictures
There is a poll on here, so far the Aurora's are winning. All the angel eye clips are prone to break, they are cheap plastic. P46's have had significant issues though, you might want to keep that in mind. I would seriously call Nick at Jlevisw.com and let him hook you up. Umnitza is probably not the best choice for you....

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Auto-X Junkie

Mein Auto: E86M
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
There is a poll on here, so far the Aurora's are winning. All the angel eye clips are prone to break, they are cheap plastic. P46's have had significant issues though, you might want to keep that in mind. I would seriously call Nick at Jlevisw.com and let him hook you up. Umnitza is probably not the best choice for you....
Why do you say that?

I've seen numerous posts asking EAS for replacement clips becuase they broke. But that is what I heard, i dunno......

My friend has the Orion, and I helped him with the install, the clips are extremely durable, and i think it's impossible to break them...........

Also, the poll that is going on, it looks like the sponsers voted for their own product. Take the 2 EAS votes, and the Umnitza vote away, and it's a even match......

I don't like to put companies down, nor do I like companies talking trash to others. I want to see the products perform at their max, and see how they last........

I have P46s from Umnitza and I couldn't be happier. Installation was effortless, and no problems yet. Matt was extremely helpful with my installation problems, and was very friendly throughout the emails I communicated with him...........
Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 97 528i
Quote:
Why do you say that?

I've seen numerous posts asking EAS for replacement clips becuase they broke. But that is what I heard, i dunno......

My friend has the Orion, and I helped him with the install, the clips are extremely durable, and i think it's impossible to break them...........

Also, the poll that is going on, it looks like the sponsers voted for their own product. Take the 2 EAS votes, and the Umnitza vote away, and it's a even match......

I don't like to put companies down, nor do I like companies talking trash to others. I want to see the products perform at their max, and see how they last........

I have P46s from Umnitza and I couldn't be happier. Installation was effortless, and no problems yet. Matt was extremely helpful with my installation problems, and was very friendly throughout the emails I communicated with him...........
I think Smolcks pissed at them so he's doesnt care for them.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 AM
ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowz View Post
I think Smolcks pissed at them so he's doesnt care for them.
Yes. They charged me for stuff I never received, then said due to the negative responses all over the place he was definately not going to send them, nice attitude! The other reason is Jlevisw.com is just plain BETTER! They have better service, faster service, and aren't near as quick to make excuses as to why your stuff doesn't work. Umnitza likes to argue with you so they don't have to do anything but take your money, Jlevisw.com just makes you happy. Big difference......if you don't believe me then try them and see for yourself. Call Umnitza at 4pm and call Jlevis.com (account for timezones to be fair) and see what happens. Umnitza: You'll get a machine telling you to go to the website for faster service. Then you get a return email that says due to high volume (which has been that way for a LOOOONG time or it is total ) it'll be 24-48 hours before you get a response.

Call Jlevisw.com and it's "hello, thank you for calling Jlevis can we help you"

Quote:

All the clips are the same, all are just as flimsy as the next. I've done 4 installs on predator chromiums (an umnitza product) and 3 broke, and one set of ebay rings and 2 broke. BTW, Jlevis.com sent me a ring for a replacement even though I didn't buy from them! I got "it'll be $35 plus shipping" from Umnitza! Nuff said!

Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
LMNTSOUL: All clips are not the same. Our clips are designed to be unbreakable. Don't take my word for it. Ask our customers what they know about our new design.
our support is second to none - maybe that's why we received 300+ calls per day for assistance, purchase, and general inquiry. By all means, call us at 4:59pm PST, we're still picking the phones. Our hours are 10-6pm - 10-5pm on the phones.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
maybe that's why we received 300+ calls per day for assistance.
Or maybe your products need some help in the "reliability" department....

Better yet it's probably calls with "hey, I ordered my stuff and you never shipped it..."

Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Auto-X Junkie

Easy guys......

smolck, trust me. The Orion clips are completely different than the Predator Chronium. Totally re-designed.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
Easy guys......

smolck, trust me. The Orion clips are completely different than the Predator Chronium. Totally re-designed.
Listen,

First of all, this is a public forum and I have not said anything with swear words or direct threats and therfore my comments while not "easy" are in perfect accordance with the rules and guidelines of this forum.

All Angel Eye mounting systems (re-designed or not) are not exactly what I call "strong". It is a weakness of the product and a trade-off for the look. The bottom line is I was promised products I never received (and yet paid for) and was given lowsy service from Umitza. I am perfectly within my right to tell others MY experience. Maybe they have helped 1000's of other people with no issues. That was NOT my experience and I aim to tell everyone what happened.

If this company was so great, why not just send me the freaking stuff they promised me and shut me up? I am not unreasonable, but I was LIED to and I don't like being lied to. PERIOD>

Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Old 09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
Easy guys......

Kgolf, which version did you see the one with the "U" on it or the one without?
the first units we got unfortunately didn't have the U on them, but the next ones had them.

We've even got different colors on them now red and blue

In any case, our clips as you correctly pointed out literally cannot break - since you've seen them in person, you know why, they are just designed to be rigidly molded into the ring. When a customer asks us about E38 or E39 fitment, we always have to use these:

to remove them.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
In any case, our clips as you correctly pointed out literally cannot break
Oh, so they are made out of unobtanium? Why didn't you just say so......now I believe you....

Very few things in life "cannot break". I refer you to the Titanic, the levy system in New Orleans, USC's offense etc. What you should probably say is "much stronger", unless you want to go on record for false advertising. Send em over, I'll break those pieces of shhh.......iny LED lights.

Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Auto-X Junkie

Quote:
Kgolf, which version did you see the one with the "U" on it or the one without?
the first units we got unfortunately didn't have the U on them, but the next ones had them.

We've even got different colors on them now red and blue
Well, I never paid attention to see if they have the U on it or not. My friend has owned these and I helped him install them.........

I wanted to get the Multi-Color Orions, any idea when those are going to be out in production?

What is the difference between the "u" and the unit w/out the "u"?