Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Psych-oh!

Send a message via AIM to wmndriver Send a message via Yahoo to wmndriver
Mein Auto: 07 e92 328XI
Question Any idea how long

I am VERY anxiously awaiting delivery of my 330xi and have been tracking it online. For the past few days, it has been "produced but not shipped." I called BMWNA to see if I could get more info and found that my car is "at the shipping port awaiting a shipping vessel." Any idea how long it takes before my baby gets stateside and to me? I checked the W&W website, but they do not yet recognize my vin or production number. I'm in MD if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any information!
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2003, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: .
usually it takes 4-7 waiting at the port for a ship, and then (since you're on the East Coast) the ship takes 10-13 days to cross the ocean. It then goes through the VPC in NJ and then to your dealership. Figure 5 more days for that.

I'd say you'll have it in the last 5 days of June.

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Psych-oh!

Thank you!

The next question is: Can I wait that long????
Old 06-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
My 330Ci has been exactly the same... went "produced awaiting transport" on Thursday morning. Our car's will probably cross the ocean together! I'm hoping for the MAERSK TEAL, since it departs June 12 and arrives in Charleston June 26... maybe have my car around July 4 (???).
Old 06-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Psych-oh!

Hmmmmm...

Spoke with my CA this evening, and he told me that my car is due in at the NJ processing center on 6/14. That would mean that I'm on the Carmen, wouldn't it? But my VIN doesn't register over at the W&W website Is this unusual?
Old 06-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Missing

Mein Auto: 2003 330i SP 6sp
Not that unusual, mine took nearly a week to show up on WW site. Make sure you use the entire VIN on the WW site. This part is the most frustrating part of the delivery experience.

I'm SteveM and I approve this post.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 04 330 cic ED
Don't feel too bad. The W&W website shows my car on a vessel heading to California. BMW said that their computer showed my car on a vessel heading to New Jersey. Then, they said that my car had been delivered to the dealer (nine days after I dropped it off in Zurich).

This will all be sorted out this week when the hard copy of the ship manifests arrives at BMW, but, I can tell you, not having the car show up on the site may be better than thinking that your wait is going to be two weeks longer than it should be because the car was loaded on the wrong boat.

I'm keeping the faith that it is an error at the shipping website.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Psych-oh!

I am officially on the Carmen. I checked WW tonight, and it shows me as having been loaded on the vessel. Yay!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:05 AM

Mein Auto: Depends on my mood.
You east coast guys, lucky... boats take over 3 weeks to get here, our eta is 6/20 according to w&w... who knows how long til it gets to the dealership from then
Old 06-11-2003, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Checked WW this morning... nothing! My CP told me yesterday that my car was officially built on June 3. Highly unlikely that it could have made the Carmen departing June 6. More likely on the Maersk Teal June 12. Oh well, they say that anticipation is a big part of the fun.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:10 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
I dropped mine in Munich on May 26th and it had reached NJ Port on 18th Jun.......now they took 1 month to get it out from NJ port........I am on the west coast and today when I enquired with the dealer I was told that the car is going to SOUTH CAROLINA and from there it will be on train to go to Oxnord CA........then it will get on truck to reach Bay Area CA. I dont know how long it might take and it is frustrating............Anyone else have had a similar experienc? Any idea how many days I might be looking at ???????? ALthough I have asked the dealer the same question but I think the answer will be - I really dont know................Anyone here who can make a guesstimate (with some logic) is welcome to do so...........
Old 07-20-2008, 01:38 PM
'Fest Advisor

Mein Auto: BMWs and other fine cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyu7444 View Post
I dropped mine in Munich on May 26th and it had reached NJ Port on 18th Jun.......now they took 1 month to get it out from NJ port........I am on the west coast and today when I enquired with the dealer I was told that the car is going to SOUTH CAROLINA and from there it will be on train to go to Oxnord CA........then it will get on truck to reach Bay Area CA. I dont know how long it might take and it is frustrating............Anyone else have had a similar experienc? Any idea how many days I might be looking at ???????? ALthough I have asked the dealer the same question but I think the answer will be - I really dont know................Anyone here who can make a guesstimate (with some logic) is welcome to do so...........
Wow, congrats on resurecting a thread from 5 years ago. That's pretty impressive!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
You should be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmd View Post
Wow, congrats on resurecting a thread from 5 years ago. That's pretty impressive!
yes you should be impressed.......could not find much abt re-delivery issue under ED