Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

Old 06-08-2003, 05:20 PM
On my 4th Bimmer...

Mein Auto: '10 X5 M
Racing Dynamics springs questions

anyone familiar w/ these? how do they compare to eibach pro-kit springs? ride-wise & drop?

my local bmw tuner is strongly advising me to get the RD's instead of the eibachs (he's telling me that he uses RD's on all of his cars)

btw, i have an '01 330i w/ sports package & i won't be changing out my shocks.
Ads by Google
Old 06-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Mein Auto: BMW 520iA... for now
Just an FYI: Stay away from Racing Dynamics. It's not real European Racing Dynamics any longer! They make their own product here in the US, but still brand it as Racing Dynamics - long story.

The real Racing Dynamics is called RD Sport now - that's what you would want to get.

RD Sport springs are designed specifically for BMW's, not a run of the mill like Eibach's. Eibach's Pro-Kit are on the softer, comfort-oriented side, about 1" drop. Eibach Sports are way too stiff and drop the car low (2"). RD Sport "Sport" Springs drop 35mm (~1.5"), "Competition" - 55mm (~2") also low so unless you are really looking for a track/low setup, not recommended.

There was a BMW magazine (forgot which one exactly) testing head to head ACS and RD Sport cars last year. Everybody preferred RDSport suspension to ACS, which is already a very impressive, BMW-tuned setup.

Last edited by Akakubi; 06-08-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
i've had the rdsport sport springs on for 2 years and 35k+ miles, with the stock shocks... i love this setup... the drop was about .75" in the front and about .5" in the rear with the oem sports suspension. i have 18" hm2's, and the ride, i feel actually got better with these springs over the stock sports springs. might be my imagination, but it feels smoother, with less nose dive during braking, and less side to side sway... my stock shocks need to be replaced soon, and i'll be getting the rdsport bilsteins to match these springs, and am looking forward to having a totally matched suspension, as i've got the rdsport sways sitting in my garage waiting to be installed...

i highly recommend this setup, as it's not really much lower than the stock suspension, but definitely helps in the handling department over the stock springs...
Old 06-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah, she's my baby...

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by hbmike
i've had the rdsport sport springs on for 2 years and 35k+ miles, with the stock shocks... i love this setup... the drop was about .75" in the front and about .5" in the rear with the oem sports suspension. i have 18" hm2's, and the ride, i feel actually got better with these springs over the stock sports springs. might be my imagination, but it feels smoother, with less nose dive during braking, and less side to side sway... my stock shocks need to be replaced soon, and i'll be getting the rdsport bilsteins to match these springs, and am looking forward to having a totally matched suspension, as i've got the rdsport sways sitting in my garage waiting to be installed...

i highly recommend this setup, as it's not really much lower than the stock suspension, but definitely helps in the handling department over the stock springs...
That sounds like a nice drop, just enough to fill in the gaps a little. Do you have any pics of your car with that setup?
Old 06-19-2003, 05:55 PM
On my 4th Bimmer...

Mein Auto: '10 X5 M
hbmike, where did you get the springs from? & do you have any pics? thanks to all who replied
Old 06-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
i used to have some pics, but not sure where they are... i'll have to hunt for them... i'll try to look for them and post them... i got mine from samir who gave me a real good deal on them...

you might call up rdsport in fountain valley.... talk to federico- he's a real great guy, and will get you what you need.....

when i went on a tour of the rdsport facility, i asked him what the best shocks would be to match the rdsport springs... he went into the back, and brought out a blue shock and handed it to me... he told me the story of how he had bilstein valve a set of shocks to completely match his rdsport springs at the nurburgring (sp?).... needless to say, i know what shocks i'll be getting real soon