Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

Old 06-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
Tire Question

Anyone here using Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3? From what I've read here and other forums, S-03s and Pilot Sports are the preferred choices. Although a TireRack survey places the F1s above both tires, I'd like to hear about your experience with the F1s. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Mein Auto: BMW 520iA... for now
Sounds like an interesting tyre. I would consider it if I am to buy a new set.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
one of my coworkers got them on his 540i 6spd, he loves them... they're expensive tho aren't they?

--Andrew
Old 06-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Oversized Rooster 4.4i

Mein Auto: '02 X5 4.4i
Quote:
Originally posted by Akakubi
Sounds like an interesting tyre. I would consider it if I am to buy a new set.
Nooooo! Please spell "TIRE" properly - your spelling makes my eyes bleed. I'll go blind before 50 if you keep this up!

2002 BMW X5 4.4i - Titanium Silver, Grey Leather, Activity Package, Front+Rear PDC, Boomerang2 Recovery System, Lumbar Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Sunshades, Privacy Glass, 30% Front Tint
Old 06-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally posted by Bavarian
Nooooo! Please spell "TIRE" properly - your spelling makes my eyes bleed. I'll go blind before 50 if you keep this up!
I am from accross the Pond originally, so some habits are hard to give up.

BTW, these tIres are a bit cheaper than S-03's in OEM sizes.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW M3
This tire is pretty new and there are not many surveys in yet, so the results can be skewed compared to the other Max performance tyres .. err ahem, tires .

We've driven on them are were impressed, seemed right on par with S03/ Pilot Sport. Hard not to be skeptical since I've not had a great Goodyear product to sell for many years. I'm curious to see how they'll hold up on a more long term basis. Anyone elses experiences with these would be appreciated as well.

Old 06-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06/2000 330i ZSP/ZPP
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary@Tirerack
This tire is pretty new and there are not many surveys in yet, so the results can be skewed compared to the other Max performance tyres .. err ahem, tires .

We've driven on them are were impressed, seemed right on par with S03/ Pilot Sport. Hard not to be skeptical since I've not had a great Goodyear product to sell for many years. I'm curious to see how they'll hold up on a more long term basis. Anyone elses experiences with these would be appreciated as well.
Thanks for the input, Gary. I'm almost due to replace my Conti's which has 29K. I'm surprised they have lasted this long considering how others were only able to get minimal use from them. The rate I'm going I could probably go through this summer before I replace them, and I'll make sure to call you then for the replacement.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary@Tirerack

Thanks Gary! Good to hear from the experts.

If you also discover something nasty about this rubber, let us know.