Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Aficionado

Mein Auto: '05 X3, '95 M3, '89 MkI
Programming charges

Hi,
I took my new to me X3 for service yesterday, and wanted some features progrmmed. Including, auto lock, convenience windows open from the remote, and re lock when no door is opened. They are going to charge me $104.00 to program these 3 functions! Is not this price a little bit high for this??
Ads by Google
Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
About an hour's labor sounds right to me.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Find a dealer that works out of his garage in the back of his house, does not offer loaner cars, does not wash your vehicle after service, has no receptionist, no CA, etc. and I am sure you can get the price down $30.

Quite often folks look at the 20 min the tech will take to prgram the features and they ignore all the other time it takes for other folks involved in the process, facilities, electricity, insurance, etc.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Send a message via Yahoo to kjboyd
Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman
It's under warranty right? There should be NO charge for these items. I know people post all the time they had to pay, but you should not be paying, and there are those of us that didn't have to pay, so it just depends on how greedy your dealer is, really.

-----
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
Nightfire Red/NFR, Tuscan Leather, CP, PP, CW, Roof Rails & Aero Kit, 16" Bridge Spokes, Xenon, Auto, English Oak Trim & Wood Wheel, Alarm, Hi-Fi

-------

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
It's under warranty right? There should be NO charge for these items. I know people post all the time they had to pay, but you should not be paying, and there are those of us that didn't have to pay, so it just depends on how greedy your dealer is, really.
These arenot things that are under warranty. You should be getting them done before you take delivery. Some dealers will do it free of charge after you take delivery but others won't none the less they are not in warrenty.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 09-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
It's part of the PDI process, but you can't just go as often as you want and request to change it for free
Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot View Post
It's part of the PDI process, but you can't just go as often as you want and request to change it for free
You get one shot one you buy the car or within a couple weeks to configure it as you like. After that they will charge you.

You can't go in months later and expect it to be free.

A good dealer will provide a form at delivery to complete that lists your preferences so they can take care of any programming.

Most of the configurations have been moved to iDrive so the customer can change as desired.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:46 AM

[QUOTE=sdbrandon;3567819.

A good dealer will provide a form at delivery to complete that lists your preferences so they can take care of any programming..[/QUOTE]
I don't know about other dealers but Open Road and JMK BMW give you the from to fill out before delivery.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Mein Auto: XXX
Pay or you can try reading the manual or a local forum member to help.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 07 650i
Does anyone have a copy of one of these "pre-delivery" forms that shows programmable options? It mght be nice to see what is available for my car. Even though I have read the manual I am sure that there are a few optional creature comfort items that I don't even know exist. I have only had my 650 for a few weeks and have spent most of my time trying to get comfortable with it.....(it's a lot larger than my previous car (911 Carerra). A copy of this customer form that was discussed above might help me understand what whistles and bells exist that I don't know about yet.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp3 View Post
Does anyone have a copy of one of these "pre-delivery" forms that shows programmable options? It mght be nice to see what is available for my car. Even though I have read the manual I am sure that there are a few optional creature comfort items that I don't even know exist. I have only had my 650 for a few weeks and have spent most of my time trying to get comfortable with it.....(it's a lot larger than my previous car (911 Carerra). A copy of this customer form that was discussed above might help me understand what whistles and bells exist that I don't know about yet.
Thanks
Ask your CA for the form,they change from MY and Model. Good luck
cheers
vern