Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 06-20-2003, 08:48 PM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
ipod users check it out

for those of you ipoders who want to use the ipod in the car and are about to take the plunge on the blitzsafe aux-in check this out

from ipodlounge

Quote:
Blitzsafe working with Apple on iPod adapter for car.

We did start a basic interface for the iPod, I do not think before September or October, We are working with Apple now. We do have the Aux interface available at this time, you will use the iPod to control function, or you may wait. Stay tuned."

Wanted to let the iPodophiles know that Blitzsafe, the makers of the auxillary input adapters, is working directly with Apple (according to Blitzsafe, blitzsafe@blitzsafe.com) to create an adapter (for cd changer ready headunits) that will not only provide the audio input but also allow the headunit's controls to control the iPod. I've not gotten confirmation on providing a power source for the iPod via this adapter, but headunits normally send 12v to the changer. The adapter probably won't be ready before September/October time frame for general release.

Great news, especially since my iPod continually tries to kill me when I'm driving (distracting me while I should be braking, turning or just paying attention in general).

Editor's note: Blitzsafe has confirmed this to be true in an email to iPodlounge with a simple 'yes.' No other information was provided.
ipod control using the car's buttons... mmmm... haha, only prob being now i have to wait til sept/oct rather than getting the aux in now... (=
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2003, 08:51 PM
both feet in

Send a message via AIM to SpaceMonkey
Mein Auto: '02 ZJC
Re: ipod users check it out

Quote:
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
ipod control using the car's buttons... mmmm... haha, only prob being now i have to wait til sept/oct rather than getting the aux in now... (=
That's pretty cool. I have no problems waiting, with XM.

5sp, Sport, CWP, Xenon, Moonroof, ///M Steering Wheel, ///M Strut Brace, OEM Aluminum Pedals, Euro Storage Tray
VDO Gauges, GruppeM CAI, Shark Injector, UUC SwayBarbarians, UUC evo3 SSK & RK2, UUC TrannyMounts/Enforcers
Passport SR7 / ZR3 Radar, XM Satellite Radio, a/d/s sound, BBS RG-R 17x8 w/Bridgestone Potenza S-03 235/40ZR17
Old 06-20-2003, 09:01 PM
Code 66

Mein Auto: .
I dont think i can do that with my nav system, so maybe ill just get XM radio...oh wait, I cant do that with the nav system either