Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 745 Individual 730d Sport
First Real Life Impression

.Just back from Local "Launch Night"
...here in Edinburgh.Scotland

Well I have had E65's and E38's so I give my impression as a 7 fan. This car was a drab Dk Grey/Tan Lthr 730dSE. Will be most popular in range certainly in Europe.

Exterior. Better than I thought, oversized front grills actually look ok, sides a little bland but overall appearance from side is quite good, quite aggressive looking, would suit arch filling rims!!! Rear. Hmmm again not as bad as I thought. Just saw a big Lexus a few days ago and took mental notes then to compare, sort of a little different but still quite simelar. I guess you can say not BMW like, but what is BMW like now! I'd have preferred looking more like bigger E90 Saloon at back.

Interior. Seems a Leather (or perhaps leather effect) dash and console now standard across range. Nice touch. Wierd door handles to pull shut door- you grab at top what looks like continuation of the wood trim on the doors! Dash quite E90ish but very nicely finished, definately higher quality look than E65/66. i-drive seems good and finally sorted out. Car seems to now have part Keyless Go, you open with the remote but don't put the key in the dash??? Salesperson agreed this was not ideal, why have to put the key(remote) in and out of your pocket??? Why not have fully keyless??? Struck me as a bit cramped up front, the dash comes right in and round you more. Think I prefer spacious feel of E65/66.

I may have the oppertunity to drive one at the weekend and I will report back!

Overall, I remember being dumbstruck when the E65 came out 7 years ago but not actually disliking much except the original car's lack of front valance. The F01 has left me with mixed feelings. I think I'll summerise by saying "could've been better!"
Ads by Google
Old 11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 ///M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansBlue745 View Post
.Just back from Local "Launch Night"
...here in Edinburgh.Scotland

Well I have had E65's and E38's so I give my impression as a 7 fan. This car was a drab Dk Grey/Tan Lthr 730dSE. Will be most popular in range certainly in Europe.

Exterior. Better than I thought, oversized front grills actually look ok, sides a little bland but overall appearance from side is quite good, quite aggressive looking, would suit arch filling rims!!! Rear. Hmmm again not as bad as I thought. Just saw a big Lexus a few days ago and took mental notes then to compare, sort of a little different but still quite simelar. I guess you can say not BMW like, but what is BMW like now! I'd have preferred looking more like bigger E90 Saloon at back.

Interior. Seems a Leather (or perhaps leather effect) dash and console now standard across range. Nice touch. Wierd door handles to pull shut door- you grab at top what looks like continuation of the wood trim on the doors! Dash quite E90ish but very nicely finished, definately higher quality look than E65/66. i-drive seems good and finally sorted out. Car seems to now have part Keyless Go, you open with the remote but don't put the key in the dash??? Salesperson agreed this was not ideal, why have to put the key(remote) in and out of your pocket??? Why not have fully keyless??? Struck me as a bit cramped up front, the dash comes right in and round you more. Think I prefer spacious feel of E65/66.

I may have the oppertunity to drive one at the weekend and I will report back!

Overall, I remember being dumbstruck when the E65 came out 7 years ago but not actually disliking much except the original car's lack of front valance. The F01 has left me with mixed feelings. I think I'll summerise by saying "could've been better!"
Great Synopsis. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:06 AM

Mein Auto: 745 Individual 730d Sport
Thanks mustaine,

Didn't get a drive today. I had an invite to my other local dealer too for today who had a car for driving not just looking at. It was a bit of a joke, no salesperson to hand, no food/drink....hell I wanted at least 4 glasses of champagne prior to my test drive!!!
I was told the car was open and I could sit in it...great!

Just came away
Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansBlue745 View Post

Car seems to now have part Keyless Go, you open with the remote but don't put the key in the dash??? Salesperson agreed this was not ideal, why have to put the key(remote) in and out of your pocket??? Why not have fully keyless???
Not sure why you have this impression as Komfortzugang (Keyless Go is a M-B term, I believe) allows you to lock and unlock the doors and start the car without taking the key out of your pocket. I have had this feature in my cars for over 3 years now and that's how it works, including in the F01 730d I am presently driving.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*