Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2013 M3
OT: 'Mark all forums read' - oversight?

If you click 'view new posts' and read through them (say there are 200 posts), then click 'Mark all forums read' when you finally get through the last page, it marks everything read up to that moment, not up to what you have read/ last post listed. So if anything new has appeared between the time you clicked 'view new posts' to the point where you have gone through the end if the list, you miss those. To get around this, after reading through all the posts I go back to the first page before I click 'Mark all forums read' to see what has come up in the meantime.

I have found that I don't miss posts like I used to by doing this, but you would think there would be a better way. Maybe clicking 'Mark all forums read' could clear only up to the last post that was listed instead of 'everthing up to this moment'.

--SONET
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2003, 11:08 AM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by rumatt
The web interface has some nice advantages (smilies, if you consider them an advantage.. ) but my simple usenet reader from 10 years ago had the ability to mark individual posts as read... It's disappointing that it's still not possible in a forum like this. I'm hoping the newer vbulletin software will have this functionality.
Heck, vbulletin doesn't even seem to thread posts, which Usenet readers have done for ages. That would be helpful for some of the threads that seem to go off on tangents.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003