Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Tools and Miscellaneous

Tools and Miscellaneous
Tools, spare parts, any and everything else.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Boost addict

Mein Auto: M54 turbo Hi-5
Double Vanos cam lock flywheel tool rental

I have plans to buy a set of tools when a person needs to pull their head off of a double vanos inline 6 engine. The whole set is pretty expensive and totally custom made for our engines.

Included is the following:
Flywheel Lock TDC pin
Vanos Banjo Air compressor tool
Special instructions for removing cams
proper alignment and securing of cam shaft while assembling timing chain.
Sprocket Turning Tool
For turning sprockets when removing and installing VANOS unit
Double VANOS Timing Kit

BMW Model M42, M44, M50, M52, M52TU Plus Vanos - BMW Engine M50, M52, M50 US, M52 US , M52TU (1998-2000), M54 (2001-2004), & M56 (2003 to present).
Works for most 3 series and 5 series, Z3, Z4, X5 inline 6 engines.

Rent it and save alot of dough versus buying the tools:
$100 for 10 days plus a security deposit, plus $10 shipping and handling.
Send me an email or PM for availability and to reserve the tool set.

Being that nobody seems to be offering such a thing on bimmerfest (except for one single vanos adjust set), I wanted to help out fellow bimmer owners and get a few bucks back on my investment of equipment.

Regards,

Warren
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525i station wagon
Warren--Are you running a Hydrogen gen on your car? How's it working out
Old 07-04-2009, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330 xi
i am looking for
Sprocket Turning Tool
AND
Double VANOS Timing Kit tool to rent out

I just did a head gasket on my 2001 330xi and got a SES light for vanos unit..
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 330CI
Tools

Do you still rent BMW tools?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 530i
Can I please rent your double vanos timing kit?
I need to replace my head gasket.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 323i Sport Wagon
I am organizing what I need to do a head Gasket

I have a 2000 323i Spt Wg and I will need these tools to do it. Also I just replaced the VC gasket and did the seals on the Dbl Vanos.

*What gaskets/seals do I need to get the job done.
Head Gasket
VANOS Gasket

How much did it cost to get the head crack tested and resurfaced?

jim_sperry@hotmail.com

Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 z3
Need dual Vanos tools badly!

Hi, I need to rent all the tools to time a dual vanos equipted z3. I need the chain jig,vanos gauge,the stiff tensioner, cam lock,crank alignment dowel. I will gladly pay ,rent and shipping,and a deposit. Thanks Jim 502-655-2304
Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 528i
I did my head gasket. I need to time my VANOS and camshafts. This good for both?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 323i Sport Wagon
Tools

Hey I am not sure what I am going to do now with my Bimmer. I have an overheating problem and was sort of thinking it was the head gasket gone bad as a result. I did a compression check and it 170 to 190 across all six. I then did a radiator exhaust leak check with one of those tubes you put the blue fluid in and then hold down on the filler neck. It has a one way valve so has it warms and the air is pushed out it goes through the fluid and if it turns green then you have exhaust reidue in the water. I did it 3 times and the first time just turned a tad, the 2nd and 3rd it stayed blue. So now I do not think it is a head gasket. About 3 weeks ago the EML and the DSC lights came on and that made it not driveable at all, before I could go 30 minutes before it would overheat. I am looking at several salvage cars now, a 2000 323iT with 67000 miles and no title $1200, 1999 528iAT, 89000 miles, no damage, good title $3500. I may just buy either or and move over my wheels, sound system, cold air intake, rebuilt VANOS, new water pump and belts and whatever else. The current car has 108000 miles so I will be ahead either way and then I can sell my current car as is to whoever and I should be ahead of the game. 1st thig I will do is upgrade the pathtic cooling system they have. Back to the tools, I was never able to get Warren to reply back about this post and I really was not able to find anyone who wanted to rent the required tools. The double VANOS does not require any timing or special tools to rebuild and replace (that's what I read and I did the DR VANOS rebuild and it ran fine until the overheat thing began. So if you do have any luck finding tools let me know I might return to the 1st plan.

Jim