Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323i
Unhappy New Member & Seeking help for my e46 323i

I bearly made this today and wanted to say hello to the community ! I decided to make one today so i can have a fresh start and make friends with those who also have been through somewhat of the same situation as i have or any other reason. Well to start off, I have a 1999 bmw 323i sedan that i recently bought off a friend that had it sitting for a while. he managed to sell it to me for 2200$. not bad but it had so much problems. i replaced the engine motor mounts, new spark plugs and ignition coils, new oil pan gasket,air intake & tubes, Brakes, power steering hose, and 2 days ago i replaced the radiator.

So far i revived it back from the dead and its been running smooth, the only problem that is most frustrating is that its leaking ATF from or around the transmission oil pan. i had replaced it with a new oil pan & pan gasket including the filter. That actually fixed the leak from the pan. but now it seems to still be leaking from a bolt that is connected on the side of the transmission. From my perspective, the tube that's bolted on from where the leaking occurs, im guessing that its the tube that connects from the Trans Cooler Line to the transmission. the tubes seem to be fine but im really not sure if it needs to be replaced. i searched a thread that said it could just be a O-ring that need to be replaced. Can anyone help me out with this problem? i can post pictures if you would like to see where its coming from.
Ads by Google
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

im thinking its just the trans cooler line that shoots the fluid to the back when im driving

Last edited by e46_itstaker; Yesterday at 05:30 PM. Reason: blurry picture
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Before you invest any more time or money in this car, you should get under it with a flashlight and a hand-held mirror, and carefully scrutinize the rear subframe, and all the sheet metal surrounding it. Check for cracks, metal seams pulling away from each other, etc.

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/alb...ictureid=45165 heres a link to a clear picture where it s leaking from, im not sure if its coming from the cooler lines or the end of the metal tube where the bolt is at ??

Last edited by e46_itstaker; Yesterday at 05:43 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Leaks like this one tend to travel a lot as you drive, so the point of origin may not be where you think it is....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....