Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 320ci convertible
Help!

I have just bought a bmw 320ci convertible 2001, I have a few problems with the car that I wondered if anyone can help me with, I do not know anything about bmw's but always wanted a bmw convetible and for now this is my pride and joy.

I need to fix the electric fold up mirror on the passenger side, both go up but when I go to put them down the passenger one stays where it is and has to be moved down by hand, if you press them to go up and interrupt it half way it will go back down, has anyone come across this or how easy is it to take apart to see whats going on?

Also they do not fold down when parking, should they do this?
Finally for now the drivers side window seal a believe is called a vertical gasket that links both windows when closed is damaged, bmw want 50+ for this, does anyone know where I can get one from??

Thanks to all that can help me!!
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Aficionado

Mein Auto: '05 X3, '95 M3, '89 MkI
Why the thumb down?
Try posting in the E46 forum. This is a new member introduction forum.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 320ci convertible
Thanks, have done that too, not many replying with answers yet but still early days, thumbs down as cant believe my luck with cars I buy, still think its great!!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:18 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
welcome aboard! try looking in the DIY section maybe some one has some videos about how to fix it it may be really simple or not maby just a motor or something for the mirror has to be replaced ? idk just what i could think of off the top of my head congrats on your lovely car!!!