Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 AM

Mein Auto: COMPACT 320 TD SE
Angry !!!! Please help.....SRS warning light !!!

I own a Compact 320TD SE and have done for about 2 years now, I have had no reported problems with this car, until now it has been brilliant.

Recently I have noticed the SRS warning light comes on and off intermittently? I start the car and the light goes out, I drive to work and the light come on half way through my journey and will stay on. Another day the light will stay on once the engine is started and go off on route to work???!!!!! Annoying!!!! Recently it is staying on for longer periods and sometimes never goes off!!!

I have been reading up online and I have seen many different problems with this, from faulty connections to seats being removed, but last night I had a spot of luck!!! I picked my girlfriend up from her house and whist driving to my house I noticed the light was off!! This got me thinking, so I asked her to lift her butt from the seat and sure enough the light came on. She sat back down and you guessed it the light went off. I made her do it again to clarify this was the problem (much to her annoyance, oh well).

Has anyone experienced this?? I know the BMWs have a sensor in the seat so the Airbag isnt deployed in a crash if no one is sitting there. Is there a way around this so I dont have to sell my house to afford to take it to BMW??!!!

Your help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Rich
Ads by Google