Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 10th annual Bimmerfest show in Santa Barbara, CA will be held on May 2, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Z ENTHUSIAST

Mein Auto: 06 3.0 si Z4R
Hotels in Santa Barbara

Does anyone have a place to recommend? Not looking for a Motel 6.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 e90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by imz4n View Post
Does anyone have a place to recommend? Not looking for a Motel 6.
Inn of the Spanish Garden is where we always stay in Santa Barbara.

http://spanishgardeninn.com/index.php

Call them for the best rates, deals. Tell 'em Rob Walker sent you.

-Rob
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 330Ci ZHP
San Ysidro Ranch if you're willing to cough up the dough!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Original Driving Machine

Mein Auto: 1974 Inka 1802 Touring
The Polo Grounds are about 10 minutes south of Earl Warren Showgrounds. They are closer to Carpinteria than SB. Carp has a few motels, B & Bs, etc. I think that the Best Western is probably the nicer of the Motels. Carpinteria should give you a few more options.

The "original" Ultimate Driving Machine
'76 Inka 2002, Original owner, Old Daily Driver
'74 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
30psi or bust!

Mein Auto: Turd with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in SB View Post
The Polo Grounds are about 10 minutes south of Earl Warren Showgrounds. They are closer to Carpinteria than SB. Carp has a few motels, B & Bs, etc. I think that the Best Western is probably the nicer of the Motels. Carpinteria should give you a few more options.
This is going to be the big decision maker. State Street is so fun with the bars, food, etc. The Polo Grounds are out there by themselves. Of course I am so pleased this event will have space for everyone so that people won't have to drive through and park in dirt like last year (so they say).

I am still thinking about staying near the fun stuff because you want to be close to the fun for cab rides, etc. I don't mind driving 10 minutes for the car show that morning and back.

Anyone agree with that?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 3 Bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
This is going to be the big decision maker. State Street is so fun with the bars, food, etc. The Polo Grounds are out there by themselves. Of course I am so pleased this event will have space for everyone so that people won't have to drive through and park in dirt like last year (so they say).

I am still thinking about staying near the fun stuff because you want to be close to the fun for cab rides, etc. I don't mind driving 10 minutes for the car show that morning and back.

Anyone agree with that?
The best hotel that meets your requirements is probably the Motel 6 located on the Beach, 443 Corona Del Mar.

It's 5 min away from the polo grounds and 5 min from State St.

Plus, I'm staying there and can hook you up with a corporate code if you want.

There can be 2 boosted E36 M3's there if you stay there too.......

06' Black Cayman S

07' Silver Range Rover HSE

Member of the Amber Corner Club
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM
The 12th Bruin!

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i Topaz Blue
There are also various hotels, of various star levels between State St. and Castillo St. and between Cabrillo Blvd and Montecito, that are all walking distance to the bars on State street...
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
30psi or bust!

Mein Auto: Turd with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_e30 View Post
The best hotel that meets your requirements is probably the Motel 6 located on the Beach, 443 Corona Del Mar.

It's 5 min away from the polo grounds and 5 min from State St.

Plus, I'm staying there and can hook you up with a corporate code if you want.

There can be 2 boosted E36 M3's there if you stay there too.......
HaHa thanks for chiming in. Two boosted e36s is always better than one. The normal destination would be Motel 6 on State but that is way too far IMO. Maybe I will rethink this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinGM View Post
There are also various hotels, of various star levels between State St. and Castillo St. and between Cabrillo Blvd and Montecito, that are all walking distance to the bars on State street...
OK those are some good points. It would be really nice to be within walking distance of the bars and since I won't be having a roommate this time, it doesn't matter where I stay really. So I don't need to be at a Motel 6 where most of the people are at. I would rather go to the bars than chill on a balcony with booze. I like this idea, thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: '99 M3
Hey guys check out the Ramada Ltd. It is right down the street from In and out, it was just remodeled and is always filled to the brim with sick looking bimmers. Think about it.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Man View Post
Hey guys check out the Ramada Ltd. It is right down the street from In and out, it was just remodeled and is always filled to the brim with sick looking bimmers. Think about it.
Yeah, but don't forget IHOP is across the street, but personally I don't care about IHOP, I LOVE the waffles at the Ramada and they're FREE!!!!!!!!! :

This will be our 9th year staying at the Ramda and it's ALWAYS a great time, our own little BMW show is in the parking lot.

Be on the look out for our 200 plus car caravan coming down from the SF/Bay Area. .........
Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Mein Auto: '07 VW Rabbit
Im staying at the motel 6 on state street. I figure why pay alot of money for a room when i could spend that money on booze!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 M3
Any other deals or group rates at local hotels. I am just going to be sleeping at the hotel, but it does have to be clean