Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 PM

Mein Auto: -_-
Thoughts on Furious 7 and Paul Walker? +e46 help?

Hey guys, the new trailer for the next Fast and Furious movie came out recently and I want to get some opinions from the car community. I am really curious, because there are a lot of different opinions and I want to know what actually car enthusiasts think about the subject.

questions like:
What are your thoughts on the actual trailer itself?
How do you think the movie will be?
What do you think the future of the Fast and Furious franchise will be?
etc.

I personally think that the movie will be the biggest one yet with the most ridiculous action ever. But I feel that the franchise itself is in an awkward position. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel were the face of F&F, so without Paul the franchise does not feel the same. I know Paul would want the show to go on and Universal isn't willing to lose its most popular and money making franchise. But it would suck to see F&F run to the ground with Fast 11 being a complete joke. This is one of the more debatable topics, so its good to see various opinions.

Also give your thoughts on the passing of Paul Walker. I know it was about a year ago, but Paul did have a large impact on the car community.

questions like:
How did you feel/react when you first heard about Paul's passing?
Did Paul have any impact or meaning to you?
How do you think Paul's passing impacted the car community?
What are your overall thoughts on Paul Walker?
etc.

Personally Paul had a very big impact on my life, as he was really the main catalyst that sparked my passion for cars. As a kid I looked up to him so to see him go in the way that he did was heartbreaking. I really admire Paul's enthusiasm for cars, he brought a whole generation into car culture. Many people began their car hobby as a result of F&F. Paul being an advocate for cars in general was definitely one of the few actual famous celebrities that had an impact on car culture, with exceptions like Jay Leno. When looking at mainstream media as a whole, not that many people are into cars, people will much rather choose guns and explosions. I feel Paul was definitely someone who helped expanded the car community to wider audiences, so having him gone really sucks.

It is always really cool meeting people who are as interested into cars as I am, there is always so much to talk about and it is always super fun. Most of the people I know that love cars as much as I do came from Paul and Fast and Furious. I just fear that without him there will be less and less car enthusiasts in the future. The car community is such a cool place filled with awesome people, I just don't want so see that decline because kids these days won't have things like F&F to introduce them into the world of cars.

With all the recent Fast and Furious news, and since its been almost a year since Paul Walker's passing, I have been compelled to give back to Paul for all he has done for me. That is why I just created a campaign to raise funds for Paul's charity ROWW. We are nearly halfway done with our goal of 1000, which isn't much but its a lot to me. It will be super cool if you can contribute a couple of buck to our campaign. I figured that some people on the forums would care, because I know a lot of car guys have a lot of respect for Paul Walker and really appreciate him for what he has done. I am just a kid still saving for an old e46, there is only so much I can do. Check out the campaign and any help is greatly appreciated

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...lker/x/8931044

This being an bimmer forum, I need all of your expertise. I am contemplating on buying an older e46 M3 (1st choice) or an eve 8 (2nd choice). I can find both at decent prices, but i just can't decide. I really would love to own an e46 but the maintenance cost is a killer -_- The eve has a lower maintenance cost but it is just so mainstream. I know a lot of people already who have an evo and it seems like the eve is the go to boy racer. Do I spend a little more money for my dream car or choose the route where i can still get decent performance with less cost?_a_
Advertisement