Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Unhappy RIP: Mickey Rooney

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...93-1201153308/

Mickey Rooney, the pint-sized actor who was one of MGMs giant box office attractions in the late 30s and early 40s, died on Sunday. He was 93.

As adept at comedy as drama and an excellent singer and dancer, Rooney was regarded as the consummate entertainer. During a prolific career on stage and screen that spanned eight decades (Ive been working all my life, but it seems longer, he once said), he was nominated for four Academy Awards and received two special Oscars, the Juvenile Award in 1939 (shared with Deanna Durbin) and one in 1983 for his body of work.
Ads by Google
Old 04-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
What an incredible run that guy had. I can remember taking my parents to see a live show of his back in the 1970s. It was a fun and entertaining evening, a real trip down memory lane. I recall that the show provided lots of laughs provoked by this very entertaining icon. RIP Mickey. There should be one hell of a party in heaven tonight.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 386K
He really got around. I have no idea how many films I saw him in but I'm sure it was many. RIP.

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. - Samuel Johnson
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46, X3
can't believe a guy like this only had $18k to his name upon his death.

All that work and a brilliant career....sounds like he was just barely making ends meet.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Rip.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL
I remember seeing a photo of him and Judy Garland, now they can dance together once again..
Old 04-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotman View Post
can't believe a guy like this only had $18k to his name upon his death.

All that work and a brilliant career....sounds like he was just barely making ends meet.
Quote:
On February 16, 2011, Rooney was granted a temporary restraining order against Christopher Aber, one of Jan Rooney's two sons from a previous marriage. Rooney's attorneys alleged that Aber "threatens, intimidates, bullies and harasses Mickey" and refused to reveal the actor's finances to him, "other than to tell him that is broke." On March 2, 2011 Rooney appeared before a special U.S. Senate committee that was considering legislation to curb elder abuse, testifying about the abuse he said to have suffered at the hands of family members. On March 27, 2011, all of Rooney's finances were permanently handed over to a conservator, who called Rooney "completely competent." In April 2011, the temporary restraining order that Rooney was previously granted was replaced by a confidential settlement between Rooney and his stepson. Christopher Aber and Jan Rooney have denied all the allegations.
He had more than 18k to his name, it was his stepson who told him he was broke while bilking his bank account. So there you have it, greedy children taking advantage of seniors.