Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: M3
help with lease

hey everyone... my 1st post!
i just leased an 08 M3 sedan. i agreed to 12K miles per year over email when negotiating the deal with the dealership. they delivered the car to my house and when reviewing/signing the contract with the salesman i noticed that they put 15K miles per year in the contract. everything else was the same (MF, residual, monthly payment, etc.), just the milage had been changed from 12-15K/year (which is an even better deal for me!). i pointed this out to the salesman who acknowledged it and said this is what the contract says and proceeded to sign the contract (with it stating 15K/yr).
then 2 days later i get a call from the financial manager at the dealership who states someone made a mistake and put 15K instead of 12K. he wants me to sign a new contract with 12K now. he said that the contract is unacceptable from bmw financial b/c all other numbers were setup with 12K/year.

any advice on how to handle this?

thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Who, me?

Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3carrs View Post
i just leased an 08 M3 sedan. i agreed to 12K miles per year over email when negotiating the deal with the dealership. they delivered the car to my house and when reviewing/signing the contract with the salesman i noticed that they put 15K miles per year in the contract. everything else was the same (MF, residual, monthly payment, etc.), just the milage had been changed from 12-15K/year (which is an even better deal for me!). i pointed this out to the salesman who acknowledged it and said this is what the contract says and proceeded to sign the contract (with it stating 15K/yr).
then 2 days later i get a call from the financial manager at the dealership who states someone made a mistake and put 15K instead of 12K. he wants me to sign a new contract with 12K now. he said that the contract is unacceptable from bmw financial b/c all other numbers were setup with 12K/year.

thanks in advance!

Well.... the residual amount is based on the mileage... If the mileage allowance doesn't match the residual, then BMWFS won't accept the contract, and it will have to be re-done. The car isn't yours until the contract is accepted by BMWFS. Since 12K is what you agreed to, and it is obviously a typo, just sign the new contract.

In other words, you can't get something for nothing.... at least, in this case.

regards,
kyfdx
1987 325iS Bronzit (retired)
2011 Z4 Space Gray (retired)
2008 X3 Sapphire Black (retired)
2005 330Cic Silver-Gray (retired)
2003 325i Sport Steel Blue (retired)
1967 2000CS Delphin Gray (retired)
Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfdx View Post
Well.... the residual amount is based on the mileage... If the mileage allowance doesn't match the residual, then BMWFS won't accept the contract, and it will have to be re-done. The car isn't yours until the contract is accepted by BMWFS. Since 12K is what you agreed to, and it is obviously a typo, just sign the new contract.

regards,
kyfdx
This.

Or pay a higher payment if 15K is what you desire.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen ben View Post
this.

Or pay a higher payment if 15k is what you desire.
+1

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
It happened to me too. Re-sign the lease to conform to your actual agreement. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. I actually caught it at first but I hoped that someone was really asleep.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3carrs View Post

thanks in advance!
Sign a new contract, it was based on 12,000 miles not 15,000. Good luck, enjoy your new ride.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Do the right thing and you will sleep better
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfdx View Post

regards,
kyfdx
This nails it. What's the problem here ?

2012 328i Coupe
2013 650i Coupe ( retired for Porsche 911 )