Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old Today, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Smile New member introduction

I first rode in a 3-series sedan in about 2001. I believe it was a Sport, and I thought it was awesome. BMW was out of my mind until about 2008 when we were looking for a car for my wife (meanwhile I had personally cycled through a Roush Mustang and a couple Jeeps). I was sold on a 335, but as you all know, the price escalates quickly on a new 3-series when adding any options at all, particularly since she wanted AWD. She ended up with a Mercedes C-Class AWD. That car looked cool but sucked. When her lease was up, she decided she wanted an SUV, so we included the X3 in our search, but again the price escalated quickly when we tried to get what we wanted and she ended up with a gently-used Lexus RX, which she still drives and loves. My BMW dreams were once again thwarted. I've always counted a 3-series as my "dream within reason" car--I'll never forget how awesome test driving the 335 was.

When we had a baby in 2009, we discovered my Mazda3 wouldn't hold a child seat very well, so we decided I needed to trade. I included X3s in my search, but settled on a Cadillac SRX, again for price reasons and, believe it or not, gas mileage.

Our child is now 5 years old, and we have always said we wanted a convertible for the family (I'm a biker, so this is a way to get the whole family in on the fun, in a way). We don't want a third car, so we were in a bit of a spot.

Long story short, I am getting a midlife crisis car (my 40th is on 3/31) without even trying. My wife said "I know you love your Prius, but would you be willing to trade it for a convertible? You would use it way more than me, and I really like driving an SUV. I think it's time to do it."

CarMax Vegas is shipping our 2011 328i convertible (black/red, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav) to Kansas City right now. It's supposed to be here in about 3 weeks. The only problem is keeping the excitement contained well enough that my wife still thinks I'm "giving something up" on the deal!!

Need to figure out what I need to incorporate my iPhone, might look into the smarttop module, and gotta get those windows tinted.

And snowtires.

Last edited by PackersShirt; Today at 02:05 PM.
Advertisement