Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #276  
Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalachiGreiner View Post
Hello Bimmerfesters just arrived this forum is awesome
Welcome.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Beltane's Avatar
Beltane Beltane is offline
Yankee
Location: Beautiful Small Town New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264
Mein Auto: 2003 325xi 5-spd
Oops I guess I didn't follow directions and post here first when I should have.

I joined in July because I was having a problem with my car....and I STILL can't get over the wealth of information here! I'm hooked! I purchased my 2003 325xi in 2005 with 30K on it and I just adore the car. Now it has 110K on it with the original clutch (I believe...unless it was swapped out prior to 30K).

I'm so happy to have discovered all the neat DIY links so far I've replaced the wiper motor, headlights, (doing the lens' next), solved my 'mystery battery drain' that had my local mechanic stumped, and yesterday I ordered a couple of filters from one of the sponsors of this forum so I can tackle those next. Also planning on tackling the window regulator soon, but I don't have a garage and it's starting to get cold here. It feels great to do some of my own basic repairs I really wish I had found this site sooner. I think my husband is pretty impressed as well. Thanks everyone! I hope in the future I'll be able to give back some of the guidance I've already received.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
Oops I guess I didn't follow directions and post here first when I should have.

I joined in July because I was having a problem with my car....and I STILL can't get over the wealth of information here! I'm hooked! I purchased my 2003 325xi in 2005 with 30K on it and I just adore the car. Now it has 110K on it with the original clutch (I believe...unless it was swapped out prior to 30K).

I'm so happy to have discovered all the neat DIY links so far I've replaced the wiper motor, headlights, (doing the lens' next), solved my 'mystery battery drain' that had my local mechanic stumped, and yesterday I ordered a couple of filters from one of the sponsors of this forum so I can tackle those next. Also planning on tackling the window regulator soon, but I don't have a garage and it's starting to get cold here. It feels great to do some of my own basic repairs I really wish I had found this site sooner. I think my husband is pretty impressed as well. Thanks everyone! I hope in the future I'll be able to give back some of the guidance I've already received.
Welcome.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Delmarva BMW Delmarva BMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 2001 Volvo XC
Hi, I have a 335d on order and plan to get it on 11/30 at performance center.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 10-30-2009, 07:12 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva BMW View Post
Hi, I have a 335d on order and plan to get it on 11/30 at performance center.
Welcome. Great car!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
cmo cmo is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 325i
Hello,

My life changed forever on October 27, 2009... I am the proud new father of a 2006 325i, I will never be the same !!!! Been reading the threads for awhile it's great to be here.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo View Post
Hello,

My life changed forever on October 27, 2009... I am the proud new father of a 2006 325i, I will never be the same !!!! Been reading the threads for awhile it's great to be here.
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 10-30-2009, 03:32 PM
solli solli is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: '90 525i, '06 Pontiac Sol
Hi everybody - I have a 1990 525i with 203K miles. My first bimmer was a 1600
4 door. Gotta say that this is an awesome community, and I'm looking forward to reviewing the DIY threads.
__________________

1990 525i - Sterling Silver - 210k miles.
What's next?
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by solli View Post
Hi everybody - I have a 1990 525i with 203K miles. My first bimmer was a 1600
4 door. Gotta say that this is an awesome community, and I'm looking forward to reviewing the DIY threads.
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 PM
nbkkvv5 nbkkvv5 is offline
Registered User
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 76
Mein Auto: 09 335i Sedan
Thumbs up 1st Time BMW owner

Hi Everyone
After driving Lexus for the past 10 years, I thought it was time for a change so I just purchase an new 09 335I Sedan with sport, premium & nav. So far I really like the car and I can't wait to see what it can do after the break in period.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkkvv5 View Post
Hi Everyone
After driving Lexus for the past 10 years, I thought it was time for a change so I just purchase an new 09 335I Sedan with sport, premium & nav. So far I really like the car and I can't wait to see what it can do after the break in period.
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
imjoe666 imjoe666 is offline
imjoe666
Location: Bridgewater NS Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 1986 325e
My name is Joe, recently purchased an '86 325e, first BMW, if any of you could point me to the forums wher I can get the best info I'd really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoe666 View Post
My name is Joe, recently purchased an '86 325e, first BMW, if any of you could point me to the forums wher I can get the best info I'd really appreciate it.
Hi Joe. Welcome!

Post on the E30 forum.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
daisy_stan daisy_stan is offline
Registered User
Location: canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 93 bmw 5 series
new member & wanted to say hello

Hello everyone

New member to the community, i live on the east coast of Canada, have been looking for a used BMW for a month or two. I posted earlier, in the incorrect place, (sorry).

Tks

daisy_stan
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Desolationoverdrive Desolationoverdrive is offline
XXXXXXXX
Location: Nowhere
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 634
Mein Auto: nothing
Welcome daisy Stan
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
drxeus drxeus is offline
Registered User
Location: North cote North Shore City New Zealand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 318i sedan
Any advise appreciated :)))

Hello all
This is Kaushal from New Zealand and i just picked up my first beamer.Its a black 2001 318i automatic sedan and quite good looking for its age.Its done 'bout 115 k and is tidy inside and out.Well,for the amount i paid, i'm generally happy with the car but do have a few concerns.

Firstly i need a hand with understanding the drive options.I basically need confirmation on my understanding of M and S modes.After having tried out both and also from the mode indicator I gather that M stands for sports drive? (since it indicates S D) and S stands for drive ?(since it indicates D).Am I heading right?
Also is there supposed a noticeable difference?

Any advice on lock problems for eg remote doesn't work

And the main concern is that i noticed knocking for the first time and could see the rpm hovering around 500 and less.This happened while in drive mode (not really during idle mode) at the signal waiting for the lights to change.A slight throttle okayed the problem momentarily since the rpm went up normally but it happened again at the next signal.The issue got resolved gradually and the rpms were fine on our way back.
Please advise
Thanks and regards
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxeus View Post
Hello all
This is Kaushal from New Zealand and i just picked up my first beamer.Its a black 2001 318i automatic sedan and quite good looking for its age.Its done 'bout 115 k and is tidy inside and out.Well,for the amount i paid, i'm generally happy with the car but do have a few concerns.

Firstly i need a hand with understanding the drive options.I basically need confirmation on my understanding of M and S modes.After having tried out both and also from the mode indicator I gather that M stands for sports drive? (since it indicates S D) and S stands for drive ?(since it indicates D).Am I heading right?
Also is there supposed a noticeable difference?

Any advice on lock problems for eg remote doesn't work

And the main concern is that i noticed knocking for the first time and could see the rpm hovering around 500 and less.This happened while in drive mode (not really during idle mode) at the signal waiting for the lights to change.A slight throttle okayed the problem momentarily since the rpm went up normally but it happened again at the next signal.The issue got resolved gradually and the rpms were fine on our way back.
Please advise
Thanks and regards
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 PM
ahtee ahtee is offline
Registered User
Location: Bangkok Thailand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: e39
Hello everyone.
This is ahtee from Thailand. My car is E39 but 10 years old. But I love it so much.
Please advise.
Ahtee
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 11-04-2009, 02:45 AM
chadi's Avatar
chadi chadi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,514
Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtee View Post
Hello everyone.
This is ahtee from Thailand. My car is E39 but 10 years old. But I love it so much.
Please advise.
Ahtee
Welcome! Any questions you have about your car should be posted in the E39 sub-forum. Do yourself a favor and read the first few threads that say "Sticky" They contain a lot of valuable information.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtee View Post
Hello everyone.
This is ahtee from Thailand. My car is E39 but 10 years old. But I love it so much.
Please advise.
Ahtee
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Rushan Rushan is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: X5 if all goes well
Hi

Almost got an X5 35d ordered but learned I was going to pay way too much for it thanks to this site. Still would like to get the X5 35d before year end.

Thanks

Rushan
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan View Post
Hi

Almost got an X5 35d ordered but learned I was going to pay way too much for it thanks to this site. Still would like to get the X5 35d before year end.

Thanks

Rushan
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
mlukas161's Avatar
mlukas161 mlukas161 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: WNY
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 909
Mein Auto: 03 330i, 04 X3
Hello,

I've been a regular visitor to the fest and must say it's the best resource for any BMW information!! Thanks.
I have a
2003 330i 5speed - sport, premium and cold weather
2004 X-3 3.0i automatic - premium and cold weather
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Summer Weather!!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,326
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukas161 View Post
Hello,

I've been a regular visitor to the fest and must say it's the best resource for any BMW information!! Thanks.
I have a
2003 330i 5speed - sport, premium and cold weather
2004 X-3 3.0i automatic - premium and cold weather
Welcome!
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 11-06-2009, 07:30 AM
6 Brit 6 Brit is offline
Location: **** you
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,963
Mein Auto: **** you
welcome!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms