Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Hi all

Just bought my first BMW and it needs some tlc, all X5 owners or those with knowledge to help me get back on the road please help. My name is Eddie and I live in Abu Dhabi. The heat can cause some problems and the clutch fan has exploded, please help if you can,
Regards.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: 540i
Hi guys,

Making the move from lurker to poster and owning my first BMW. I own a black (don't know the actual paint code yet) 540i M Sport. Glad to be joining a great community!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: Z8, CL63
Z8

trying to find the Z8 forum...help. Also, interested in purchasing a set of 2003 Z8 Alpina 20" wheels...any ideas ?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 525i
Helo people, I have never owned a BMW but I want to buy a 2003 525i. I am scared going by the negative stories about BMW being a problematic car. I joined this forum to learn more about this car. I just cant stop loving BMW. Thank you all.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 535isBMW
Thumbs up

Excited to be joining the Forum. Hope to learn alot, hope to add what I can. Good to connect with others who have the same passion.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:53 AM

Mein Auto: 325iC -1989 zinno
Noob to this forum
Have had my 89 325ic for a year and a half and I'm about 70% done with thre refresh.
Looking to learn more here and help some others too.

This car is awesome!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: Titanium Silver 2003 530i
First Time BMW Owner - Houston, TX

I am a proud "new" owner of a beautiful Titanium Silver 2003 530i. Fortunate to get a great deal from a co-worker that was a first time owner that took great care of it - this car was his baby. I absolutely love this car and am concerned I may have started a new/expense addiction.

Bimmerfest is an awesome site and a great resource. I've already received invaluable advice from the E39 forum - ton of talented DIY'ers there. Excited to be part of the BMW and Bimmerfest community!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Houston-20120207-00348.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	316732  
Old 03-16-2012, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
I just joined Bimmerfest and hope to be able to get information about how to fix those little things that go wrong on my 2000 328i. I bought it used four years ago and am still impressed with the bells and whistles that came with it. It is my first BMW but most likely will not be my last.

Little things that go wrong include a front turn signal lamp needing replacement.
That seems like a simple enough thing to do for a DIYer (Do-It-Yourself). Turns out getting the lens housing out was a pain in the neck - actually the pain was lower on my body! I did get it out with the assistance of the friendly local filling station and the problem was solved. Temporarily that is. Some time later both the right and the left indicators on the dash board signaled that the bulbs (both of them) has expired. After struggling to get the *^$#@!! lens out I discovered the problem was that the bulb were working their way loose and the contact was broken. Tried several times unsuccessfully to resolve the problem. Finally bit the bullet and bought two new lens with bulbs and installed them without incident. I'm happy to report both are functioning as intended and have been doing so for over a week now.

So after a stumbling success with the turn signals deciced I'd tackle the problem with the windshield washer fluid leak. When the "low fluid" indicator lite on the dash I filled the washer reservoir. Within a week or so the indicator light came on again. I checked and sure enough the reservior was empty again, so I filled it up again. Need I say what happened? Yep empty yet again. I may be slow but I'm not completely stupid. I removed the reservoir and all the things attached to it and suddenly realized that I didn't have a clue about why the fluid keep getting away. Haven't picked up my shop towel since removing the reservoir but will do so this St. Patrick's Day week end. More to follow!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 M
Hello everyone, I purchased 1999 Z3m about a month ago and it is my first BMW. I am really enjoying it. But I am having a couple of problems that I will be asking the forum about shortly. From what I have been reading, this is a great site.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 E39
Windshield replacement

Hello all! I'm a new member and would like some help and advice. My wife's pride and joy is her immaculate 2003 530i. A couple of weeks ago a stone hit the windshield and cracked it necessitating replacement. Our insurance company authorized the replacement which was completed by a local company (Don's Mobile Glass) but we've not been satisfied with the results as the interior is noisier than before. I called the company and they took the car back, inspected it and agreed that there were "air leaks" which they said they "resealed". Yep, it's still noisy. I contacted the nearest BMW dealer, which is in another city, to ask if they'd heard of this complaint, and of course they had. The tech asked if the replacement windshield was OEM or aftermarket because if it's not an OEM part, it won't be satisfactory. When I called the installer I was told that yes, it is an aftermarket part but it "meets all requirements" but now I'm not convinced. So here's my question: does anyone know where I can find the technical differences between OEM and aftermarket windshields? My limited research indicates that there are numerous differences including safety factors (eg. in the event of a rollover, the windshield provides significant structural integrity). wind noise insulation, resistance to chipping, and so forth. Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528 i
Hello...Call me crazy, call me insane, but am now a first time BMW owner. 1997 528 i. Arctic Silver / 5 speed manual. Former car was a 2008 VW Golf (Rabbit) MKV which I also loved.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
ALWYSLEARNTECH

Mein Auto: Technician
Hello

Hello everyone!!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
What's up people! New to the Forum and loving all of the great info on here so far. Just bought my first BMW and love it! I have dabbed in minor repairs to older gens but this newer model has stuff in it that I probably shouldn't be playing with. Hopefully this forum will help aid in me not screwing anything up.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Agoraphobicblah Send a message via Skype™ to Agoraphobicblah
Mein Auto: 2002 325Xi
Hi

I have been stalking the forum for a couple days now and have finally joined. I just got my first "new old" car, '02 325xi. I am hoping to learn from others on how I can make my car better.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: 1987 convertible 325i
I don't jump in often as I question my own skill set. But you have done the best. This forum is made up of essentially "no-nonsense" folk that really do want to help.
My suggestion: Don't try to do it all at once. And when you start, recognize your own skill set. Start simple, and grow as you go!

Welcome, Rett
'87 325i convertible
Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: '08 E90M
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm on my 2nd BMW ('08 E90 M3, replaced an '08 Z4MC) and I'll be getting my 3rd in Munich this July
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 03 Cobra
Greetings

Hi all. Not yet a BMW owner but have driven several and will be in the market soon. Seems like a great place to conduct research. Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Hello, all! I'm new to this forum. Will be picking up an E92 M3 in Munich this May. Thanks for all the great info in this forum!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i manual
First time joining a forum, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm JTSCPA, live and work in Rockville, MD (DC suburb) and my daily driver is a 2008 328i manual; love it. My weekend car is a 911, which I'm selling. Looking maybe to buy a Z3 and fix it up, but know nothing about them. I've seen them advertised with very high mileage and would like to know if: a) they're fun to drive; b) can run successfully and reliably with very high mileage. Anyone know what typical problems are and when they tend to appear?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i manual
Jtscpa

I'm new to this forum. Live and work in Rockville, MD (DC suburb). Daily driver is a 2008 328i manual which I love. Weekend car is a 911 which I'm selling. Thinking about buying a Z3 and fixing it up. Are they fun to drive? Will they run reliably into very high mileage? What typical problems do they encounter?
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: bmw e39 525i se
hello all bmw fans new to the site as im looking for answers to my e39 523ise immobiliser problem ie not starting
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 5301 SE Touring
Smile Hello to members from a newbie

My E39 Touring is almost 10 years old and in very good shape - 46,000 miles. I looked into changing to a newish Jaguar XFS but was not impressed with the ride, noise and general comfort. So I'm keeping my car. Any suggestions for enhancements would be welcome (not performance thank you as its scary enough already (530i)).http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/imag...ile3453453.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323ci
Thank you for the welcoming. I am a new member. Recently purchased a 1999 BMW 323ci for very good price. It has a few minor interior cosmetic issues that need correcting, but I am very excited to finally own a BMW convertible. I hope to share my stories and discoveries as well as learn from the many other BMW enthusiast that take their time to share their knowledge with others. I truly appreciate everyone's positive input and I wish everyone luck with their Bimmers. thanks again.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW335d
Angry demise of the 335d

I found this forum looking for a reason why I can't find any info on the 2012 335d.. Discontinued? I can't believe it. So BMW says it sold great...but. Will I be forced to drive a hybrid as my next car?. Ugh. Now a diesel /electric would be fine, similar to what powered a WWII subchaser.

Since being stationed aboard a GMC278 diesel powered minesweeper for three years I've owned quite a few diesels,, Mercedes all until 1977 when I was conned into buying an Oldsmobile. Never stood in a gas line for the car was always in the shop. That car cured me of GM.

But this BMC 335d of mine, what fun to drive, a marvelous car and nothing has gone wrong with it. Nothing. It is a bit small though, and four passengers only so I'll need a bigger vehiclle at some point as grandchildren are on the increase.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 525 I
Talking First time bimmer owner!

I currently bought a 2003 525I it is my first BMW. I never knew just what these cars really were other than expensive. Then I test drove this beauty and feel in love. The way she drives and rides is amazing. I am one of the lucky ones who has the manual 5 speed, the way she handles is unbelievable. I enjoy driving again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beemer.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	321497