Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:37 AM

Mein Auto: 1993 540i e34
hi my name is grant im 27 from scotland i drive a 540i e34 hello to all
Old 05-25-2009, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
New an enjoying the site

I have an 06 330XI and a 01 5301 and how very interested in the M3 09. This site rocks becaues I enjoy learning how to keep these cars going more dependably.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 328i
Just joined.. so Hello to all. I just started a new life, and have an new old car now. This one is all mine, and it's a 1997 328i w/ 169,000 miles. I just changed the drive shaft and the Front Panel Cluster (odometer, fuel, tach, etc..) so now I only have 112,000 miles. Need to fix a couple of minor issues... Engine Light (computer says minor leak in evaporator - probably the fuel cap) and I have a Brake Light Circuit warning... probably a loose fuse - both according to this forum. Thanks for the site, looking forward to giving my car to my 12 year old daughter when she's 16. I'll have the car repainted and headliner replaced, and seats redone... it's a lot less to give her this car than to buy a new one, and as I'm maintaining it, maybe we'll get up to 300k miles. It was well worth the $2900 for the amount of car I got.. especially the engine.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Tires hate my 335d

Mein Auto: 2004 330Xi, 2009 335d
Hey guys. did not see this when I joined up.
I run the MR2OC.com message board for Toyota MR2 owners. I also have a liking for BMWs. This is my 3rd one. a 2004 BMW 330Xi.
It is our daily driver. I put about 100 or so miles on it a day. I wash it once a month or so. Purchased it used. I am not liking the amount of money it is taking to keep it on the road. Thinking of getting a 2010 335Xi due to the 4 year of no service. Though with our miles it will be less...
Plans are to just keep it running. I have many other cars that are way cheaper to make fast.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 AM

Mein Auto: 325isport
Hi, I've got my first new 2009 325i sport. Great to drive this car. Still learning on the Idrive feature. Anyone can share how to download GPS maps ?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: Paid for P.O.S.
Hey, new to the board, thinking of buying a 3 series. I'm still researching to see what is the year and model I should buy.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Hi, just moved here from Germany and brought our X5. Fifth BMW we've had. Last was a 1999 323 that went 160k miles before we sold it for just over $7k. We were living near Stuttgart and a little dealer in Boeblingen always maintained our BMWs. Just before selling the "99" 323 we took it in to the shop for the usual inspection at just over 140K miles and the service manager told us we had a problem. He said we had a crack in the rear axle that required the whole axle to be replaced. He then said he had been watching it for quite sometime and had hoped we would sell the car before repairs were needed but we did not and it was time. He then said he had called BMW in Munich and they had agreed to replace the axle under warranty with over 140K on the odometer!!! I only had to pay something in the range of $100 for the rubber gaskets because they we not under warranty. He said the axle was in the vicinity of $6k. Although I was already a BMW fan they still bought a lot of loyalty from me with this level of service. That said, I'm pretty certain it was more the dealer than BMW.

I was in the US for a short time (6 months) in early 2002 and took my 323 to the dealer Salt Lake City for service. From what I experienced there (inflated prices, arrogant sales and service people) and my limited exposure to the Tucson dealership recently I'm not expecting this level of care here in the US. When the Tucson dealer quoted me some ridiculous labor charges I called BMW USA, they told me they agreed Tucson's prices were too high but said that they didn't control the dealers. I figure the dealers are an extension of BMW. That said, as long as I am in the US this will probably be my last BMW.

MVP
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Hi all, Just had to join after many search engines for information always seemed to point me to this site...Anyways, I'm a proud owner of a Jet black 2006 750 LI Currently was searching for a cradle change for my new iPhone. Thanks for all the info, hope I will be able to add to it.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 E93 M3
hi

Hello all. I've been lurking the forums for a while now and finally decided to register to I could post messages. I drive a 2008 E93 M3. Take care everyone!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: 745LI, 740il
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP TUCSON View Post

I was in the US for a short time (6 months) in early 2002 and took my 323 to the dealer Salt Lake City for service. From what I experienced there (inflated prices, arrogant sales and service people) and my limited exposure to the Tucson dealership recently I'm not expecting this level of care here in the US. When the Tucson dealer quoted me some ridiculous labor charges I called BMW USA, they told me they agreed Tucson's prices were too high but said that they didn't control the dealers. I figure the dealers are an extension of BMW. That said, as long as I am in the US this will probably be my last BMW.

MVP
I agee! Dealers ARE an extension of BMW. They should be held accountable to BMW.
When a car comes out of warranty you'd better find an independent mechanic 'cause the dealership will hurt you. I was told by someone that worked at a dealership that they only needed ONE BWW certified mechanic to work in the shop. The rest of the mechanics don't need to be certified but the shop can still be called "Certified." So unless the certified mechanic is working on your vehicle, you shouldn't be charged the same price as when a non-certified mechanic works on it.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: 525xi
Greetings all. I'm new to bimmerworld and trying to decide between a new 3 series vs a used 5 series. The pricing is about the same. So, the logic is to hang out here during the research, inquiry process. The XI is the desired option.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 325e turbo
Hello all long time member of the e30 community just for some reason have not been on here. anyway nice to meet you all hope to be a active member and help whoever i can as well as vice versa!

I have a 87 eta with t3 50 a/r cold and 84 a/r hot right now on 15 psi with metric blues and a cometic HG. have the car down right now for a over haul and some kind of engine managment
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i coupe
hi everyone. i've been checking out on this site for quite a while. finally decided to make an account after getting my 2009 328i coupe 3 weeks ago it's my first bimmer and im loving everything about it. im so glad i didnt trade in my 06 civic si for an IS
Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 323i
hi everyone. I just bought a 2009 323i. Love it an dnow looking to add and maintain it. Hope to get a lot of information here
Old 06-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Halo Nerd

Mein Auto: 2003 325i (Sport Package)
What's up guys? Name is Ryan. Bought a 2003 325i about a month ago as an everyday driver while I work on the Mustang and have been hooked ever since. Already purchased a set of Enkei EKM wheels wrapped in Eagle F1s. Eh...I'll work on the Mustang later

Good to be here.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
WYKDBMR

Mein Auto: BMW E39 6 Speed
New member here juss bought an e39 and cant wait to start fixing her up!!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Mein Auto: '04 325Ci
Hello everyone - just made the switch from old Saab country... lovin the bimmer so far
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Smoked Out 750Li

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
I Finally Made

I just recently join the BMW 7 Series family with the purchase of my 2006 750Li. I feel like I've been cheating myself up until this point.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
First Bimmer, second German car.

Hello all and thank you for all of the amazing info I've seen here! it has truly been a pleasure reading through these posts.

My name is Ed Jones and I am located in Calgary Alberta, Canada. I just purchased a '96 328is in December, (it was actually my birthday present to me for my 30th birthday) and am frickin' loving it!

The only mods I've done so far have been NGK Iridium spark plugs. All else is bone stock.

My last german car was an '86 Audi 5000s.

I have had three sad occurences since getting my beloved bimmer:
1. three weeks to the day afte I got it some jack a$$ made a left turn into traffic (the alley I was in) and hit me, minor cosmetic damage and only because he was such a jack a$$ I took it to the only Calgary BMW owned body shop which happens to be Bently Calgary...
2. Driving cross North America and back my right rear bearing went, ($300 at the shop) and this leads to 3,
3. driving across N. America, a chunk of ice fell off of the Semi in front of me while I was crossing a bridge in northern Ontario, and knocked out both of my fog lights, I ordered a new set of clears from http://www.ddmtuning.com and the very night I installed them some prick kicked one of them out!!! ( I manage a bar downtown Calgary and it can be occasionally rough... (Oh well, at least I know why I drink...)

Either or, neither nor; that's enough from me for now, see you all in the
Fest!

Thanks again,

Ed.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325 i
Hello everybody

I live in México, i apology for my English.
A Bougth a 2003 325 i 1 week ago. It looks very good, but I have problems with my remote control key. It doný open the locks, Well, very ocasionally yes, but it's rare.
I opened the control, check the charge so, it not have enought charge. (1,75 volts)
What can i Do. I run the car for 2 hours and the same (or the car doesn't charge or the battery don't acept charge.
Tks
manbuster
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Morning,

I am on my third BMW first was a 315 in Germany, second was a 520 (again in Germany) third 2005 X3 (stateside) My previous car was a Ford Escape which was a fantastic car, and if it wasn't for the fact that I needed some fairly expensive repairs I would probably still be driving it.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to IanFG
Mein Auto: 1996 328 Cabriolet
HI there

New BMW owner but owner of older bmw 328 cabriolet ( 1996).
Needs some work but hoping, after years and tears of Hondas, to experience the beemer difference.
Ian Ottawa, Canada
Old 06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Ryde Out Ryders

Send a message via AIM to DaveZBeamer
Mein Auto: 2002 5 Series
Whats going on everyone. I've been driving a 2002 525I for a little over 3 years now and its been wonderful. Get this though I am a service consultant at a large Tampa Bay Mercedes Benz dealer. During conversation everyone asks what I drive and how MB feels about me driving that car. Everyone has their own tastes and I believe this year the BMW had MB beat. A lot of the newer models are very comparable but I'll always enjoy my BMW. If you ever have a service question about an MB I can definitely find the answer but I may need many answers regarding my E39 so I'll take any help I can get

Thanks Dave
Old 06-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 530i
wassup gang!

hey gang, i'm new to the bimmer world. i spent my first 12 driving years in american made autos...swore i would never "ride foreign". just got rid of a toyota avalon with 300,000 miles (that was still riding strong when i sold her). figured i would step up my game and get a bmw.

just copped a 2001 BMW 530i (e39). i have only had it about 3 weeks, but i absolutely LOVE this car! don't plan on doing too many mods (rear lip, wheels, tint).

can't wait to get started. look forward to learning some stuff while i'm here.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW5284d
Bmw 5284d

HeHello every one. I am a owner of a BMW 528 4 Door. When I bought my 1997 BMW I have no book to tell me what I need to know. I need the fuse box details for my glovebox fuses. So if anyone can help me I sure would apperciate it!
Thank you.....Audrey