Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
A few questions about a used 94 325i e36

I am looking at a used e36 and recently test drove a 94 325is and a 94 325i. The 325i seemed to be slower then the 325is we drove (both 5speed) any reasons for this? Would this make the 325i a bad buy? the 325is was in bad condition inside and out but it ran fine the 325i was in much better shape and seemed to run fine but was much slower feeling then the 325is. Another problem with the 325i was the On board computer display was fading out on the right side so you couldnt clearly read the end of the display message. Is this problem easily fixed? I plan on having the 325i checked by a mechanic sometime this week and have pretty much ruled out the 325is because it was in bad shape. One more thing i noticed on the 325i was that when the car was started(i was standing outside the car) it seemed like the exhaust was very loud but i have no comparison because i did not hear the 325is start up from out side the car.
Any info you have on 94 325i would be great as well as any specific information on the problems i saw on the car.
Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 07-14-2003, 08:38 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
The bulbs in the OBC are a 5 minute fix. Very easy.

As for the rest of the car, I'd rely on the opinion of a trusted mechanic. And it sounds like you are going that route. Good luck.