Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Do-It-Yourself H.Q.

Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
Share your DIY projects or ask questions about how to fix something on your own. Help fellow Bimmerfest members improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Who u r, u r forever....

Send a message via Yahoo to TimDogg
Mein Auto: 2004 645ci 2008 535i
Infinity BassLink 10" sub w/built in Amp...

Anybody have or ever hear this product installed in a BMW. Supposedly it is one of the best ways to add a little bass to the otherwise stock BMW Factory system. Good reviews, just wanted a little feedback on anyone with experience with it!!!

Thanks

Red 1998 Ferarri 355 Berlinetta F1, Black 2004 645ci, Space Gray 2008 535i
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to FalconGuy
Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci
I installed a 10' Kenwood powered sub, cant vouch for the Brand you mentioned. I think it adds quite a bit to the Stock system. I had this sub in my last vehicle and in the 3 coupe it is kind of hard to get the bass inside unless I open a fold down seat, which I normally do. In my Pathfinder the Bass was given more space to fill and sounded sooooooo much better, still though I love having the sub, my only complaint is that you do remove a bit of trunk space.

The stock stereo is growing on me but still its a joke compared to any Japanese system I have ever owned. My parents Buick beats this system. ( yea I have the HK)

I would highly recommend the sub, like I said though I have no exp. with your brand.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Who u r, u r forever....

Send a message via Yahoo to TimDogg
Mein Auto: 2004 645ci 2008 535i
Hey Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconGuy
I installed a 10' Kenwood powered sub, cant vouch for the Brand you mentioned. I think it adds quite a bit to the Stock system. I had this sub in my last vehicle and in the 3 coupe it is kind of hard to get the bass inside unless I open a fold down seat, which I normally do. In my Pathfinder the Bass was given more space to fill and sounded sooooooo much better, still though I love having the sub, my only complaint is that you do remove a bit of trunk space.

The stock stereo is growing on me but still its a joke compared to any Japanese system I have ever owned. My parents Buick beats this system. ( yea I have the HK)

I would highly recommend the sub, like I said though I have no exp. with your brand.
Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red 1998 Ferarri 355 Berlinetta F1, Black 2004 645ci, Space Gray 2008 535i
Old 08-01-2003, 01:15 PM

Mein Auto: 328i/323iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDogg
Anybody have or ever hear this product installed in a BMW. Supposedly it is one of the best ways to add a little bass to the otherwise stock BMW Factory system. Good reviews, just wanted a little feedback on anyone with experience with it!!!

Thanks
I have it in my 328i. It is necessary to knock out you ski-pass plate if you do not have the CWP or fold-down seat. Mine is installed exactly over the ski-pass whole. I'll admit it took about a month of fine tuning to get the sound perfect, but now that's what it is.\

PS Don't order from bavauto. Search for it on Yahoo Shopping for a super cheap price.

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: 323i
Stealth Box = Bass

Try looking up the JL Audio Stealth boxes, they make a small free-air type sub that mounts into the rear deck from what I gather. They take up little space, and anytime you can reflect audio off the rear glass, it really gives the sound a boost.