Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci
brake and rotors question(stoptech)

hello everyone! I just ordered the stoptech brake and rotor kit for my 04 645ci vert. I see yorgi recommended the stoptech pads with OEM rotors. I want to know if anyone here has the stoptech rotors i went with the drilled and slotted rotors http://www.carid.com/stoptech/drille...78-34013f.html i want to know if anyone that has these feel any pulsing or shaking with the rotors of if i should return the kit before it is to late and go with the oem rotors. Please anyone with any help or information reply!

thanks!!!
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 06-650I, 97-740IL
I am currently running both the rotors and the pads for about eight months now & my observations have been, 1) initial bite is not as strong as oem. 2) Not nearly the amount of break dust.
For day to day driving they are fine, however when running hard they don't feel as reassuring as the oem set up.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigdawg View Post
I am currently running both the rotors and the pads for about eight months now & my observations have been, 1) initial bite is not as strong as oem. 2) Not nearly the amount of break dust.
For day to day driving they are fine, however when running hard they don't feel as reassuring as the oem set up.
initial bite for me is quite important, it makes the difference on a rear-end crash in slow speed (traffic jam)
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
I'm currently using OEM rotors with Akebono pads and while I didn't have the initial bite at first, the brakes felt more "normal" over time with use.

Did you bed your brakes?
Old 11-24-2015, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci
thanks for the replys! as of right now i still have the oem pads and rotors but they definitely need to be changed. i wanted peoples recommendations before i install the stoptech kit and its to late to return it
Old 11-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 06-650I, 97-740IL
Imma tell you, my best performing set up (IMO) was the stop teck's (slotted or drilled) cryo sport stop rotors and cool carbon pads. Cost ran me about $340 per axel. (Parts only, I change my own breaks) When I pull the car out next season, this is the set up I'll be going back to!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 E63650i View Post
I'm currently using OEM rotors with Akebono pads and while I didn't have the initial bite at first, the brakes felt more "normal" over time with use.
I have exactly the same setup, but installed the SS brake lines. before I changed.The SS lines give a better feel to the pedal for sure.

The Akebono do not bite anywhere near as much but I don't track or push it hard in LA traffic so the car is fine for me. You do get used to it quickly.

I absolutely like the dustless aspect. My wheels were dirty every 2-days of driving with OEM. Now never.

I chose looks over performance and that's the key here.

Clean car, Dustless pads. Better breaking, OEM.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search