Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Exclamation 2005 X5 with bad telematics unit - dealer will not replace under warranty

Hello all, Uberpanzer here again with second problem on my recently purchased 2005 X5 4.4i. Red segment light "TEL" remains on, dealer diagnosed bad "TSC" unit - described to me as a $1200 part that is part of the Telematcis system. Part confirmed as broken by dealer. BMW-NA refuses to authorize relacement without me first signing up for their roadside assistance program, which uses the Telematics system for emergency response, vehicle location, etc. This would cost me a few hundred dollars, I'm told. I say this is unacceptable, as vehicle is still under new car warranty until 8/09. Dealer says original owner did not purchase and activate roadside assistance plan from BMW after original "year or two" of free service expired, so now I must purchase it before BMW-NA will authorize dealer to replace TSC. I say this is wrong, and my decision to purchase an optional plan is immaterial. How do I ever sell this vehicle with a glaring red light on? Any advice would be appreciated. Go to another dealer?

This is a great website!
Ads by Google
Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: X5
dealer replaced it

wow - they convinced BMW NA to authorize it
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Mein Auto: x5 3.0
Hi

that sucks but its not surprising. Not surprising at all! only thing i can tell you is to try another location...all bmw locations do not operate the same way, some have there own twist and turns to certain rules.

Also try to get a print out of your warranty and read it from top to bottom...have them show you where that part is NOT covered unless its under the roadside assistance program.