Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dakarm
Mein Auto: 00 M Coupe, 08 MCS JCW S1
Ron Stygar is there a master list of item that you improved upon :)

for the M Coupe that is

I would like to buy the clutch pedal or the clutch pedal bushing, whichever one gets rid of the squeek.

thank you
'12 X5d
'12 MINI Countryman S
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2003, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakarm
for the M Coupe that is

I would like to buy the clutch pedal or the clutch pedal bushing, whichever one gets rid of the squeek.

thank you
If you want to order stuff from Ron, your best bet might be to call him. His phone number is under his name in every post. I think that's his preference. He gets hit with a ****pot of emails.

And you want the clutch pedal. Might as well do the brake pedal and get a clutch stop while you are at it. If you're doing all that, you might as well order a new shifter carrier with delrin bushings.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dakarm
Mein Auto: 00 M Coupe, 08 MCS JCW S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
If you want to order stuff from Ron, your best bet might be to call him. His phone number is under his name in every post. I think that's his preference. He gets hit with a ****pot of emails.

And you want the clutch pedal. Might as well do the brake pedal and get a clutch stop while you are at it. If you're doing all that, you might as well order a new shifter carrier with delrin bushings.

It's like you read my mind Jon

I was going to get the new pedals and the bushings

Clutch stop I've decided not to use.

This past weekend while autoxing at 100+ weather. the Dakar Duck refused to go into all gear, including reverse.

I always had some problem when the weather was hot but never had this problem. I remove the home made clutchstop and removed one of the nut to make the travel longer but still would prevent the car from going into gear. So i remove it completely and it was find after that.
'12 X5d
'12 MINI Countryman S
Old 07-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Navy Vet. and ///M fan

Mein Auto: 03 jet blk SMG ///M3
dakarm~

I had the same problem with my clutch stop when the weather heated up. I removed it completely and the problem stopped. I then went to the local home improvement store and bought a shorter elevator bolt, and now the new clutch stop works perfectly! And this is driving like a mad man in 100 degree weather as well! Don't give up on the wonders of a clutch stop, just buy a shorter elevator bolt
Old 07-18-2003, 08:06 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX M Coupe
dakarm~

I had the same problem with my clutch stop when the weather heated up. I removed it completely and the problem stopped. I then went to the local home improvement store and bought a shorter elevator bolt, and now the new clutch stop works perfectly! And this is driving like a mad man in 100 degree weather as well! Don't give up on the wonders of a clutch stop, just buy a shorter elevator bolt
Bleeding the clutch moves the disengage/engage point up.
On the '01 and later M coupes with the double spring, putting the shorter spring up top does too. The parts data agrees with this, but the cars I've checked come with it on the bottom as shown in the pic. Not sure why it does this yet, but my car has the small spring up top now.

Last edited by Ron Stygar; 11-09-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:56 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
I can email you a so so list of things currently available.
Working on a bunch of things that I really don't what to talk about yet.
Trying to get the car ready for HC too, but a couple of major things I thought would be on the car, may not make it.
As usual, very busy, having fun figuring things out.
Lately, every new project generates two or three new projects. I guess that is good, but I would like to clean up things so that I can focus on the Z4 and start over again.