Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
rocking driver's seat

I've tried numerous search terms and struck out. Anyway...

Last night I noticed my driver's seat creaks and the whole seat rocks to the left pretty much every time I shift. I'm guessing something is broken and this is sorta annoying as my poor ZHP is only 2 months old and it's been through hell (rear ended by a hit and run, almost stolen and a flat tire).

BTW, I'm a small guy (145 lbs, about five-seven), so it's extremely doubtful I broke the seat getting in and out.

So have others had problems with the driver's seat breaking or rocking? Is this common? I know it's a malady that hits G35s but I can't recall seeing this issue with Bimmers.
Ads by Google
Old 07-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Waiting for the d

Mein Auto: '10 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom
I've tried numerous search terms and struck out. Anyway...

Last night I noticed my driver's seat creaks and the whole seat rocks to the left pretty much every time I shift. I'm guessing something is broken and this is sorta annoying as my poor ZHP is only 2 months old and it's been through hell (rear ended by a hit and run, almost stolen and a flat tire).

BTW, I'm a small guy (145 lbs, about five-seven), so it's extremely doubtful I broke the seat getting in and out.

So have others had problems with the driver's seat breaking or rocking? Is this common? I know it's a malady that hits G35s but I can't recall seeing this issue with Bimmers.
Hmmm.. Tried rocking mine, appears solid as a rock. My Maxima definately has the "rocking" seat though. Someone tried to steal your car?

'10 335d Monaco blue/oyster/SP/PP/Enhanced Premium Sound/nav from phillipek SBBMW
Click Here for Pics!
Old 07-19-2003, 05:15 PM
unsafe at any speed

Mein Auto: bavarian style
Yeah, I had something like this happen a few months into my MY2003 330i. The driver's seat got a little loose. I went to the dealership and they fixed it while I waited. Hasn't come back.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:53 PM
OMGWTFBBQ

Mein Auto:
One of hte Buicks that was recently retired from the family fleet had a problem with a rocking driver's seat. We're talking real roller coaster here. Changing speed at all was an adventure, and god help you if you stuck your foot in it or had to brake hard.

One of the bolts attaching the seat to the floor had worked itself nearly out. I'd tighten it back up, but it would only take a couple weeks for it to work itself out again. Eventually, the bolt disappeared all together. Good thing the car wasn't hit after that. (was only hit 4 times before the seat bolt issue developed )

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 07-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS
Yeah, I had something like this happen a few months into my MY2003 330i. The driver's seat got a little loose. I went to the dealership and they fixed it while I waited. Hasn't come back.
thanks. I'll stop by the dealer this week and get that looked at then. figured on doing that anyway but i just wanted to make sure this wasn't some random niggling problem i overlooked when researching.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:01 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn
Someone tried to steal your car?
yep. he tried to take my car with a tow truck from a handicapped spot (I had my placard up) in front of a store. very awkward. it turned into a big scene, some random college kids intervened, the cops arrived, and the store owner came out to yell too. my car was put down, the tow driver didn't have a license and there were all sorts of accusations flying around. very surreal moment. and only a week after buying the zhp.